Rondo.......stats don't lie

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie

Bad  pinkie!

What do you expect?

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Playin' with stinkie.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You have to remember this season he was on track for his best performance.  Something happened?  Perk was traded and Shaq was injured?  These are the mitigating factors. How this could happen to someone who played as well as he did especially in the playoffs just last year is an amazing development and points to troubled young man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The FG % should be expected as hes attempting way more jumpers. 

The turnovers are inexcusable.

Rebounding? If you actually expect Rondo to be pulling down boards gtfo.

Free throws is also just inexcusable as he should have been working on that during the summer. I think though he is a bit afraid to attack the basket due to the fact that he is not that good of a free throw shooter. Doc touched on that during the Finals last year and said Rondo was becoming hesitant because he wasn't hitting the shots from the line.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Stats do lie.. thats one thing that should be clear. Stats dont tell the entire story of a player.

Whe you look at Magic Johnsons stats..hes never led the NBA in scoring, rebs, etc, etc ..maybe assists... but Magic is thought of as one of the greatest of all time...and.. when you think about Magic Johnson, does anyone thing about his stats?? No.. Magic could dominate a game scoing 10 pts and 8 assists.. lot more to the game than stats.

The stats you provided are interesting though.. and could be moreinteresting if we saw all the stats.. like assists, steals, ppg etc..  I think if you want to make a point regarding Rondos stats, you just cant provide only the bad ones..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie:
    [QUOTE]Stats do lie.. thats one thing that should be clear. Stats dont tell the entire story of a player. Whe you look at Magic Johnsons stats..hes never led the NBA in scoring, rebs, etc, etc ..maybe assists... but Magic is thought of as one of the greatest of all time...and.. when you think about Magic Johnson, does anyone thing about his stats?? No.. Magic could dominate a game scoing 10 pts and 8 assists.. lot more to the game than stats. The stats you provided are interesting though.. and could be moreinteresting if we saw all the stats.. like assists, steals, ppg etc..  I think if you want to make a point regarding Rondos stats, you just cant provide only the bad ones..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

When I think of MagicJ, I think of great leadership at crunch time... the polar opposite of Rondo.

Its not about stats, although it is easy to find those stats that agree with your position and hide behind them.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Damfuno,
    The stats you put up reflect the whole season but of course do not show the steep decline. Like falling off a cliff since the trade. He may not have been scoring very much but his assists and disruptiveness was very evident in games before the trade.  Since that time we have a point guard who can't penetrate and keep other teams off balance.  I don't know why.  My guess he is unhappy and slightly injured and in need of some kind of intervention by the coach and players. If it has not already occurred.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo will step it up for the playoffs like he always has.   Why would anyone post his rebounding stats and not assists.   How many point guards get paid for rebounding.?     His assists have climbed every year   . B*tch all you want he's not leaving
    Posted by darrylfries[/QUOTE]

Talk about hiding behind stats, apparently DarrylF is really DannyA, President of Basketball Ops.

Thanks for the straight dope on Rondo, d.

And you're not leaving either. Right?

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

[QUOTE]Stats do lie.. thats one thing that should be clear. Stats dont tell the entire story of a player. Whe you look at Magic Johnsons stats..hes never led the NBA in scoring, rebs, etc, etc ..maybe assists... but Magic is thought of as one of the greatest of all time...and.. when you think about Magic Johnson, does anyone thing about his stats?? No.. Magic could dominate a game scoing 10 pts and 8 assists.. lot more to the game than stats. The stats you provided are interesting though.. and could be moreinteresting if we saw all the stats.. like assists, steals, ppg etc..  I think if you want to make a point regarding Rondos stats, you just cant provide only the bad ones..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karllost
    Very bad choice of player to compare Rondo with. Magic, at Rondo's current age(24), has a huge statistical edge offensively as well as a significant edge in rebounding. As a matter of fact, his lifetime scoring average and shooting percentages place him far above average. Only in assist can Rondo draw a comparison. I think of Magic as the total package. At this point in time Rondo has become a big question mark. But he is still young and may turn it around. Time will tell. 

Seems 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

well petey the rondo rope is running short! he has been exposed for what he is. his beef is both with ainge and odc. he wants things to not change and be given the final say on everything esp at the end. god forbid if doc stops playing him in shooting situations which he should not, rr will withdraw even more! this will not end well! rr says his pinkie is find. well i hope he would use it more as an excuse. celts have scored UNDER 90 points in 8 of their last 10 games. that says a lot about your pg! he gets less respect than any other major pg in the league. right now, rr i do not even consider him an elite pg. i put d-west above him. i can just hear doc benching him because of his injuries in the playoffs as west starts outplaying him and blaming it on injuries. well, we will come back to this issue when rondo gets "healthy" during the off-season"... well, the big elephant in the room that noone wants to address is that rondo has always been and will ALWAYS be banged-up for thats the only way he can play and contribute at a high level due to his inability to get conventional easy baskets and respect that come from having a consistent open or one on one JUMPER with range! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Rondo.......stats don't lie:
    [QUOTE]For those who think that Rondo is an elite all star guard take a look at his progression for the 5 years he has been in the league                06-07      07-08      08-09     09-10     10-11 FG%       42            49          50          50         47 (second worst) FT%       65            61          64          62         54 (worst) FTA       184          175         268        282        107 (worst) TO        1.76         1.91        2.61       3.04       3.58 (worst) REB        292          322         416       360        262 (worst)     To me these are all signs of poor work ethic, mental lapses, and laziness..........it appears he got his long term contract and is now resting on what laurels he had........and those at best were ok...........this laziness seems to be part of his egomaniacal nature at least from his day in college (thanks to olivern for the link) www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740 " /> http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740 over the summer we really need to unload this egomaniacal lazy self centered piece of you know what...........and get a real guard who fits the mold.......If Rondo put out the type of effort that he is capable of and would work on his game instead of thinking he is the greatest thing to set foot on the basketball court then he could amount to something.......unfortunately I do not think it is in his character...... Welcoming all opinions
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

You'd think after that fine display last night this kind of idocy would stop. Nope.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie :   Karllost Very bad choice of player to compare Rondo with. Magic, at Rondo's current age(24), has a huge statistical edge offensively as well as a significant edge in rebounding. As a matter of fact, his lifetime scoring average and shooting percentages place him far above average. Only in assist can Rondo draw a comparison. I think of Magic as the total package. At this point in time Rondo has become a big question mark. But he is still young and may turn it around. Time will tell.  Seems 
    Posted by SeemsToMe[/QUOTE]

Seems,

I wasnt comparing ROndo to Magic Johnson at all. I was attempting to make a distinction between stats and the player.. Meaning STATS alone rarely tell the story about a player..

I was trying to point out that Magic isnt judged by his stats, whatever they are..   You'll find players with better stats etc  but Magic transcends stats, as many other players do..

Chauncey Billips is another, so was Russell, Derek Jeter in baseball and many others..   Stats dont tell you about leadership (as someone else posted here) they dont tell you about what you did in the clutch, how you defended, the pressure you put on your opponents defense, the double teams your opponent was forced to throw at you loosening up your teammates, etc, etc

Do you think KG is judged by stats?  He brings so much more to the game that never show up in statistics. Thats all Im trying to say.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This kid will hit bottom, hopefully soon, and then we will see if he can rebound and begin to put his game and life back together.

Until then, get used to the sh!t sandwiches, fella.

Life's a b!tch!

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]For those who think that Rondo is an elite all star guard take a look at his progression for the 5 years he has been in the league                06-07      07-08      08-09     09-10     10-11 FG%       42            49          50          50         47 (second worst) FT%       65            61          64          62         54 (worst) FTA       184          175         268        282        107 (worst) TO        1.76         1.91        2.61       3.04       3.58 (worst) REB        292          322         416       360        262 (worst)     To me these are all signs of poor work ethic, mental lapses, and laziness..........it appears he got his long term contract and is now resting on what laurels he had........and those at best were ok...........this laziness seems to be part of his egomaniacal nature at least from his day in college (thanks to olivern for the link) www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740 " /> http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740 over the summer we really need to unload this egomaniacal lazy self centered piece of you know what...........and get a real guard who fits the mold.......If Rondo put out the type of effort that he is capable of and would work on his game instead of thinking he is the greatest thing to set foot on the basketball court then he could amount to something.......unfortunately I do not think it is in his character...... Welcoming all opinions

In the last 15 games or so he is shooting about 35%, 8 points, 9 assists, ZERO % from 3, and below 50% from the line.......  what is astounding to me is that the worst shooter in the league is somehow just now blaming a hand injury on why he is absolutely the worst shooter in the league......  he spends 88% of each game pounding the ball into the floor ensuring himself an assist and then all of a sudden his coach says start being more aggressive going to the hole, line, and making jumpers and then he somehow pretends he is Durant and that somehow the way he shoots matters.......  either way... go change the diaper and grow up.......  this is what he wants us to believe "I have never shown any perpensity to be able to shoot from anywhere other than, well, a dunk, and now I am claiming a pinky finger injury on why I can't shoot..."..."my entire existence depends on my ability to pass the ball because I cannot do what normal point guards do but my recent pathetic play results from an injury which of course would not affect the only thing I can do, pass....".....  the offense is absolutely pathetic and people still want to blame it on the defense even though they are giving up fewer points than ever....  let me guess Rondo does not need to score as long as he runs the offense effectively and there is plenty of scoring with KG, Pierce, and Allen.........  further let me guess Rose has to score because Boozer, Deng, Noah, etc. cannot score.

I am so sick of the Rondo is deferring some of his game to make the team run efficiently.......  I can't spell dog but the rest of my teammates can so I don't have to spell dog.....  the fact is Rondo cannot spell dog and is not deferring any of his game to make sure the rest get their touches, etc.  Rondo is very limited offesnively and overrated at the other end of the floor but we are supposed to shomehow believe that he is giving up some of his greatness to defer to his 3 hall of fame teammates.  In other words, Rondo would be a 40 ppg scorer if Doc would just let him but given that they are averaging about 85 ppg lately they don't need to get points from Rondo and it would be somehow worse to have Nash, Kidd, Westbrook, Rose, Paul, Williams, Brooks, Udrih, Harris, etc........  I think depends are on sale this week, so I am psyched.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We did not have a banner threat until we got Kevin and Ray to play with Paul, they have been off a bit and when they recover we will be a threat again, the rest of the players are good roll players but there are many like them in and out of the NBA.  Rondo gets way tooooo much credit when we win and way too much blame when we lose.  We seem to play much better against the better teams, if you check we played just fine without Perk and last night the first quarter was the best this year and we were fine until Paul lost his mojo. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

before the trade, rondo was shooting a career best 52% fg. only his latest slump makes that figure look bad, and even then it's one of the best marks in the league for a point guard. he's also shooting more jumpshots, and hitting them more accurately than ever before, although there is still work to be done.

the increased turnover rate is because of his increased role in the offense, as a result of which each of the big 3 is turning the ball over at a career low rate.

to state that this is his worst rebounding season is disingenous. he's averaging 4.4 rebounds per game, exactly the same as last season, and second only to his career year of 08-09, where rondo shouldered additional responsibility on the boards because garnett was out for much of the season.

the free throw attempts and percentage are a legitimate concern, but who didn't know that?

aside from all this, you make no mention of the fact that he has increased his assists and steals each year since he came into the league, and this season is recording more blocks and cutting down his fouls.

stats can and do lie, as you've clearly demonstrated.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts