Rondo.......stats don't lie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie

I always wondered what he would be like on another team. I sorry but dishing the ball to KG , Paul , Ray isnt that hard if your a decent NBA pg. I actually believe he could be a great defender istead picking and chossing when he wants to. And i never bought the "he runs the O " arguement. First off , thats he job and he plays w/ 3 sometimes 4 HOF's ... st fu w/ that BxSx ... Second the O ran just fine when it went through KG a few years ago. You can still run it through him , at least for the rest of the season. The year thy won the championship RR really just dumped the ball to KG and the O went from there. I heard we could have traded RR/Ray for Jennings and another player. Im sorry but he looks great now , what happens when KG , Ray , PP arnt here ... can this kid be our pg that we build around shooting 11% from 13 feet away lol? I told myself if he cant shoot by this year , either he cant or just doesnt want to work at it. In either case i dont care. Hes not a shutdown defender , cant hit free throws , and is showing no leadership right now. Top5 pg hes NOT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie : I will give you the increase in assists by 1.5 per game this year but cutting down your fouls..........well anyone can do that just don't play defense which is why that is down..........his steals have increased by .1 not exactly what I would call an increase and his blocks have increased by .1 and the same as his second year......not exactly a resounding increase all of the items don't even come close to the decreases that I have presented..........check out the facts dude before you blow hot air
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

did you even read my post or did you just hear what you wanted to hear?

you're far more guilty of manipulating the facts than I.

btw, rondo's defensive rating (i.e. the points per 100 possessions that boston concedes when rondo is on the court) is 100, 3 points lower (better) than last season, when he was a unanimous all-defensive selection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]You have to remember this season he was on track for his best performance.  Something happened?  Perk was traded and Shaq was injured?  These are the mitigating factors. How this could happen to someone who played as well as he did especially in the playoffs just last year is an amazing development and points to troubled young man.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

i can't agree.  he started the year shooting 20% free throws, clearly avoiding all aggressive activity involving scoring on the offensive end, to the point where he was never up to last year's average or even close.

PERK WAS NOT EVEN IN THE MIX this year so he has NO IMPACT on the stats!!

I'll give you that Shaq getting injured may have affected the EASE in which rondo got 2 or 3 dimes a night on the lob-dunks, but c'mon, still 48 minutes, still need to score.

Overall, this season is just all about rondo being the worst little snit that he can be.  He started off with a whimper with no scoring and 20% FT and now suddently perkies is the reason why he can't play- finishing off with a tear drop.

boo hoo.  at 11M a year, some professionalism is required.

basically, he's markblounting us- got the big extension and now it's cruise control.  or you tell me what else.  the undeniable lack of effort at carrying his weight scoring and being an aggressive driving force (you know, the only thing that defined him as unique and pest-like to opponents!) says it all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo.......stats don't lie : before the trade, rondo was shooting a career best 52% fg. only his latest slump makes that figure look bad, and even then it's one of the best marks in the league for a point guard. he's also shooting more jumpshots, and hitting them more accurately than ever before, although there is still work to be done. the increased turnover rate is because of his increased role in the offense, as a result of which each of the big 3 is turning the ball over at a career low rate. to state that this is his worst rebounding season is disingenous. he's averaging 4.4 rebounds per game, exactly the same as last season, and second only to his career year of 08-09, where rondo shouldered additional responsibility on the boards because garnett was out for much of the season. the free throw attempts and percentage are a legitimate concern, but who didn't know that? aside from all this, you make no mention of the fact that he has increased his assists and steals each year since he came into the league, and this season is recording more blocks and cutting down his fouls. stats can and do lie, as you've clearly demonstrated.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

and 54% (up from 20% through the first 25 games!) from the charity stripe!!  FGA, FTA, jumpers taken and made are all CAREER WORST's.  it's the regression express.  what you'd expect to see from calvin booth or blount after a big contract extension deal.

foot off the gas pedal, leaning back in the easy chair.  NICE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I wonder if Coach K may have said or done something to hurt Rondo's feelings?

Nothing personal, business is business, but Rondo simply failed to motivate/lead Team USA... and Coach K was holding him accountable, something a surprised Rondo didn't handle well, losing out to Rose, Billups, Westbrook....

The rest is history.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie : and 54% (up from 20% through the first 25 games!) from the charity stripe!!  FGA, FTA, jumpers taken and made are all CAREER WORST's.  it's the regression express.  what you'd expect to see from calvin booth or blount after a big contract extension deal. foot off the gas pedal, leaning back in the easy chair.  NICE!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

your facts are about as accurate as rondo's free throws :P

rondo's FGA are down from last season, but still higher than any other point in his career.

he's taking and making more jumpers and at a higher percentage than ever before

and he's dealing with major injuries for the first time in his career

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo.......stats don't lie:
    [QUOTE]For those who think that Rondo is an elite all star guard take a look at his progression for the 5 years he has been in the league                06-07      07-08      08-09     09-10     10-11 FG%       42            49          50          50         47 (second worst) FT%       65            61          64          62         54 (worst) FTA       184          175         268        282        107 (worst) TO        1.76         1.91        2.61       3.04       3.58 (worst) REB        292          322         416       360        262 (worst)     To me these are all signs of poor work ethic, mental lapses, and laziness..........it appears he got his long term contract and is now resting on what laurels he had........and those at best were ok...........this laziness seems to be part of his egomaniacal nature at least from his day in college (thanks to olivern for the link) www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740 " /> http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740 over the summer we really need to unload this egomaniacal lazy self centered piece of you know what...........and get a real guard who fits the mold.......If Rondo put out the type of effort that he is capable of and would work on his game instead of thinking he is the greatest thing to set foot on the basketball court then he could amount to something.......unfortunately I do not think it is in his character...... Welcoming all opinions
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait, wait, wait,.... none of those stats matter.... he leads the league in assists by about 15 per game - oh wait... um... he doesn't lead the league in stats.....

Oh wait he leads the league in steals.... he averages 18 steals per game and the rest of the guys get about 2 per game... oh no wait, he barely leads the league in steals.......

Stats don't lie.....

let's reduce it to a 7th grader....

He has 7 classes that he has to attend......

In 3 of the 7 classes he is at or near the top of the class... so like his peers he gets As or Bs in 3 classes.....

In the other 4 classes he is a complete failure.......and cannot even compete with his peers.....

So somehow when you look at his overall game he is somehow a complete, elite, top 5 point guard.....

When in reality he cannot even compete in the 3 categories he is near the top if he does not have 3 hall of famers to give the ball to.

Last night he had 22 points, 8 assists, and 4 boards and there are those that would love to say how this is one of the greatest games ever posted by a point guard..... well unless of course you look at Westbrook and see that this is just about an average night for him...........  good thing we have #9........

When my 73 year old stepfather tells me how Rondo had a great night, I like to remind him that whenever Rondo is your leading scorer or near the top, you know it is likely a bad loss.......

It has taken some of you 5 years but I think you may be getting close.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie : your facts are about as accurate as rondo's free throws :P rondo's FGA are down from last season, but still higher than any other point in his career. he's taking and making more jumpers and at a higher percentage than ever before and he's dealing with major injuries for the first time in his career
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out what you said here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo.......stats don't lie : I'm still trying to figure out what you said here.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

sorry, I should've been clearer.

last season (09-19) rondo attempted 11 field goals per game, this season (10-11) he's attempting 9, but still more than in (06-07), (07-08) or (08-09)

i.e. this is his second most prolific shooting season

does that clarify matters?

Sections
Shortcuts