Ronny Turiaf, would he be useful for the rest of the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofobu. Show jofobu's posts

Ronny Turiaf, would he be useful for the rest of the season

Will JO'N be able to play any time soon? Wilcox & Green are out for the season. Let's not run Garnett & Stiemsma to death. If not Turiaf, who can we get?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Ronny Turiaf, would he be useful for the rest of the season

Truthfully I'd rather get a d leaguer than Turiaf at this point. My biggest problem is that he is a horrible rebounder and that's the last thing we need. There is buyout talk of Reggie Evans who is a rebounding machine (and terrible at everything else) I'd rather have him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Yes, Evans would be a nice addition!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Turiaf has done nothing to impress me.. I guess DA is looking for 6 fouls..why not Fesenko? I mean, the guy is huge and probably could grab more rebounds than Turiaf.. or David Harrison or Evans (if he is bought out)..but Turiaf??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Reports says its either Boston or Miami for Turiaf.  He isn't the answer to anything but he can bang and eat minutes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'd take evans over turiaf, personally.  He knows his role better and he stays healthier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Luck plays a part in staying healthy too.  Turiaf got a hand fractured when he was playing.  It is part of the game when you stay in the paint.  Hi heart condition has been addressed by surgery a while ago and he has never had any heart problems ever since.  I don't see a reason why Turiaf is more likely get healthy than someone like Evans.
    Grant Hill was the most often injured player at the beginning of his career and he ended upbeing the healthiest guy in his late 30s.  You can't predict injuries except for players that are too fat, too thin or too lazy with their conditionning.

Turiaf was best when he was an energy guy coming from the Lakers bench.  He would be perfect in that role with the Celts.  He is not a born rebounder but he husstles on every play and can finish down low.

My bet is that he will go to Miami. He is playing for a new contract..he'd get more playing time with the Celts but the Heat exposure as a back-up C for an average Center must be tempting.