Rotations need to change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rotations need to change

I saw enough today to see the difference it makes, especially in the 4th quarter to even contemplate Wilcox starting and JJ playing more.  JJ can score and is active.  He would only get better and better with playing time.  How many times have we seen our big men beat the other team up the court in the 4th quarter to get easy baskets?  Not many.  JO needs to play 10-15 minutes off the bench. MAYBE. I loved seeing JJ take a charge.  We have some bigs I sure wish could play more.  We get in foul trouble every game anyway- let them get in there and BANG BANG BANG on he boards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rotations need to change

JON should from this moment on be very deep on the bench like the tenth man.

Probably won't happen though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Rotations need to change:
    [QUOTE]I saw enough today to see the difference it makes, especially in the 4th quarter to even contemplate Wilcox starting and JJ playing more.  JJ can score and is active.  He would only get better and better with playing time.  How many times have we seen our big men beat the other team up the court in the 4th quarter to get easy baskets?  Not many.  JO needs to play 10-15 minutes off the bench. MAYBE. I loved seeing JJ take a charge.  We have some bigs I sure wish could play more.  We get in foul trouble every game anyway- let them get in there and BANG BANG BANG on he boards.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You have it right.  I have said it in other threads and I will repeat here.  Our best chance of improving the team is to give JJJ minutes.

People look at what JJJ can't do.  He is not strong enough.  He can't body up to people.  He is a rookie and does not know how to play yet.  And Bass gets to play in his place.

Here is what I see JJJ can do.  His lanky frame allows him to be a much better perimeter defender.  In the Celtics defensive scheme based upon rotations, he can be the alternate free saftey just like KG.  He reads the defensive situations better than Bass.  He can score from out the side and can be better scorer than Bass on the inside.  He can be a better low post defender than Bass because of his length.  He can allow just enough defensive relief for our 1, 2 and 3 to be able to rebound better.

If you want a real trade idea to improve the Celts and make them contenders, here it is.  Trade JO, Bass, Bradley and possibly a pick for Okafor.

Here is hoping for the best!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Does he play without shoes?  Ugh!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I love JJ in the rotation and agree that JO should come off the bench for 15 mpg...but I also love Bass...he was the return on Baby and look what he can do...he is athletic and can go inside and power the ball into the basket....he has a nice jump shot...he rebounds and he can block shots...we need this guy...consider...

5th in PPG (coming off the bench)

2nd in RPG (coming off the bench)

3rd in BPG (coming off the bench with Steamer)

FGP 48% and FTP 77%...

This guy is a keeper.....young, strong, athletic, and a great attitude....c'mon guys...please..!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Rotations need to change:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rotations need to change : Okafor is only good on defense and is just 6-8.75 without shoes. Chris Kaman is better. Getting Okafor or Kaman makes us better. But getting Pau Gasol makes us elite.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yes, Pau is a much better player than either Kaman or Okafor.  But Pau and no Rondo is not superior to Kaman/Okafor and Rondo.  Personally I prefer Okafor as he is the more athletic and defensive minded 5.  All that I have heard about Kaman is his scoring ability and possibly some rebounding.  He will not become a high scoring option on the Celts.  He may not fit that well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Rotations need to change:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rotations need to change : Okafor is only good on defense and is just 6-8.75 without shoes. Chris Kaman is better. Getting Okafor or Kaman makes us better. But getting Pau Gasol makes us elite.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That is not true.  He is 6 10! IF you say that, that mean everyone is really an inche or inche and half shorter due they wore sneaker during the measurement

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I just want jj to get more court time.  He hit more shots in one game from the outside than JO has hit the entire year.  He will just get better with time. Bass needs to continue to play, he is very productive and shoots well. Wilcox and JJ both run the floor twice as good as JO.  I am not saying cut him, just saying these guys need some run as you saw what they could do against a good team yesterday.
    Chicago had won i think 4 straight road games by over 20 pts.  When was the last time we saw a big guys run the floor like that and get easy 4th quarter points?