Royce White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Royce White

Thank God we dodged the bullet on this kid.  Now, I understand he has anxiety issues, but it's like he's taken this whole year off.  He just left his D-League team and has returned to HOU.  He tweeted he can't wait to "join the Rockets" next year.

The cynic in me says he just didn't want to play in the D-League this year - he's too good for that.

The cynic in me says these issues would never have arisen if he was on the Rockets roster all year.

The cynic in me finds it hard to believe that after 50 years, this is the first kid ever in the NBA that has had anxiety and fear of flying issues.

Hope the cynic in me is wrong..................................

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Royce White

But, Kirk, isn't it true that Jimmy Piersall went undiagnosed about his illness for many years?

Again, I don't wish the kid any harm, and I know people with mental health issues.  Just seems like it all came to a head when they sent him to the D-League......

I could be wrong, but he seems a little too combative for me.  Almost unsympathetic.  And I WANT to be sympathetic.............but it's hard to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

The guy is very outspoken about his feelings vs the nba business. Thats all I read BUT I never read how hard has this guy tried to self discover/find out more about his illness and his willingness to just try to find out a solution. At the end of the day, right or wrong from the NBA standpoint, is up to the person right?...so I dont feel that bad about the guy..basketball should be a second priority

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

People who actually have anxiety disorders are angry with Royce White and how he's handling the situation. He's using his disorder for attention, and to avoid playing D-League ball. It's one thing to admit you have an anxiety disorder and try to improve it, but to flaunt it around like he's doing to get what he wants is absolutely ridiculous. He needs to face his disorder instead of hiding from it or he will never get better.

If this guy only knew how good he has it, and how great of an opportunity he is being given by the Rockets, and he can't even respect them enough to try and improve his fear of flying and coopoerate with the team. He thinks he's making a big stand for anxiety disorders, when really he's only making a clown of himself. 

It really is a shame that there's finally a big name celebrity out there who has an anxiety disorder, and this is how he behaves. Sigh. Giving a bad name to the rest of the people who are suffering.

End of rant. This fiasco bothers me so much.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

People who actually have anxiety disorders are angry with Royce White and how he's handling the situation. He's using his disorder for attention, and to avoid playing D-League ball. It's one thing to admit you have an anxiety disorder and try to improve it, but to flaunt it around like he's doing to get what he wants is absolutely ridiculous. He needs to face his disorder instead of hiding from it or he will never get better.

If this guy only knew how good he has it, and how great of an opportunity he is being given by the Rockets, and he can't even respect them enough to try and improve his fear of flying and coopoerate with the team. He thinks he's making a big stand for anxiety disorders, when really he's only making a clown of himself. 

It really is a shame that there's finally a big name celebrity out there who has an anxiety disorder, and this is how he behaves. Sigh. Giving a bad name to the rest of the people who are suffering.

Well said - I knew I was not alone in this.  I'm not sure either of us is right, but it does feel that way reading some of his tweets.  It is my opinion that he really didn't want to play in the D-League.........................I could be wrong, but if this was his soapbox, that is just wrong!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Royce White= B.A. Baracus of the A-Team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Royce White= B.A. Baracus of the A-Team.

Yeah, I never watched the show.....fear of flying??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Did you see the piece on him on Real Sports?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Did you see the piece on him on Real Sports?

Yes. What is most annoying is how he acts like the Rockets are destroying his future, when really he's the one doing it to him self. I can't stand his arrogance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

DON'T PUT ME ON NO PLAAAAANE, HANNIBAL!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

but royce white GOT ON A PLANE to go cut a whine for CNN!!

this guy does not have anxiety disorder, he has narcissistic personality disorder.

anyone watch his "interview" with donny lemontaster on CNN the other day?  white was UNABLE to answer the simple question of WHAT DID THE HOUSTON ROCKETS NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THAT YOU NEEDED?

white looked like a lyin fool in his empty framed glasses with his no answers- kept mumbling about how "mental illness is a dynamic human resources issue" and "well, recognition and respect are very important"

this bozo has been given TOO MUCH recognition and respect.  he's now fat, slow, no hops (if you ever think glen davis could not get "up", watch white get stuffed in the lane habitually in his 2 1/2 week D League cameo), no quickness, goes limp and stops playing when he does not get a foul call to his liking.  he's just a complete fraud.

the kid has changed from the summer league to someone who was able to practice and travel into a blithering narcissist- ALL he can talk about is himself.  he doesn't even talk about being passionate about the game, because he isn't.  his BIGGEST COMPLAINT i could glean from the preposterous CNN interview that you know he did behind the Rockets' back was that he did not like "staying in hotels" and that's why he left the Red River Rapscallions or whatever they are called.  REALLY?  i mean when does someone in this kid's inner circle advise him to SHUT UP, you look FOOLISH- if you can't eat and sleep in a hotel then this is NOT THE BUSINESS FOR YOU- they are not going to rent luxury houses for you for one night in each city- that would technically be more chaotic than a series of milk-toast to very nice hotel rooms.

soon he won't have to worry about it- he's done enough to have his contract voided already, meanwhile he is EMBLAZONED with tattoos- anxiety disorder but doesn't mind buzzing needles coming at you?  m'k.  needles galore but hotel rooms bad.  right.  soon he'll be staying in homelesss shelters or JAIL.  the idiot has FOUR KIDS already- apparently can't put a piece of gum on it or do anything to keep from spreading his baby mamma empire.  four kids, four different tramps. 

He's GOOD at racking up the babies- that takes some intense interpersonal contact.  but he can't stay in a hotel?  can't practice and stay in shape?  the guy is a complete flake.  too many people have over-catered to him in his life.  he also LEAKED a letter that daryl morey, houston GM sent to him regarding not going to any of the psychiatrist appointments that the rockets made for him and to please define what it is he needs- which he constantly changes his song over.  the leaked letter made white look like a MORON.  so why did he leak it?  he thought that there was something juicy in it to enhance his victimhood.  only narcissists think like this.

and narcissism is a son of a B, but it's only a "disability" when others enable it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I watched him have his best game in the D-league.  With all the baggage he is just not worth any of trouble in bringing him along.  He is not that good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You can't predict this ish. This happens once every ten years. Kwame Brown was the last high draft mental case.

Its too bad. Loaded with talent. But its a rifle in the hands of a blind man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Sounds like another spoiled athlete who is entitled.  Houston should cut him if he can't play.  He signed a contract to play basketball.  If he can't play then he shouldn't get paid.  Simple and effective.  Perhaps then he could get a job in the real world like the rest of us and we wouldn't have to listen to his crap.  Sorry just venting...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

I completely agree with ACIEMVP , Anxiety Disorder has become a catch-all label and I believe Mr White's real problem is his malignant narcissism......

Rickey Williams of the NFL had  real anxiety disorder and it almost ended his career prematurely.....he stepped away from the game, got himself together and came back to have a nice productive career with the Miami Dolphins. I believe Rickey Williams marijuana use was the result of his anxiety disorder, but when he discovered yoga and had the discipline to stick with it, it gave him enough relief from his anxiety that he was able to come back to the NFL , perform on the field and be a good teammate in the locker room.

Anyone with 4 out of wedlock kids by the age of 22, completely covered with tattoos, sorry folks, that guy is someone I wouldn't hire to shine my shoes.....(wouldn't trust him to do it right)

THANK GOD Royce White was not on the board when the Celtics pick came up......

Now can someone tell me when MOE HARKLESS WAS DRAFTED ? WOW ! THAT GUY IS GOING TO BE A SUPERSTAR AND HE's ONLY 19 YEARS OLD ? ORLANDO STRUCK GOLD ! NOTICE THERE"S NO TALK OF GIVING HARKLESS A YEAR TO PLAY IN THE D LEAGUE ?

19 AND HE'S ALREADY A MONSTER, I SAY HE PLAYS IN AT LEAST 10 ALL STAR GAMES BEFORE HE IS DONE.....

PS: FAB MELO WAS PICKED #22 IN THE FIRST ROUND....

but royce white GOT ON A PLANE to go cut a whine for CNN!!

this guy does not have anxiety disorder, he has narcissistic personality disorder.

anyone watch his "interview" with donny lemontaster on CNN the other day?  white was UNABLE to answer the simple question of WHAT DID THE HOUSTON ROCKETS NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THAT YOU NEEDED?

white looked like a lyin fool in his empty framed glasses with his no answers- kept mumbling about how "mental illness is a dynamic human resources issue" and "well, recognition and respect are very important"

this bozo has been given TOO MUCH recognition and respect.  he's now fat, slow, no hops (if you ever think glen davis could not get "up", watch white get stuffed in the lane habitually in his 2 1/2 week D League cameo), no quickness, goes limp and stops playing when he does not get a foul call to his liking.  he's just a complete fraud.

the kid has changed from the summer league to someone who was able to practice and travel into a blithering narcissist- ALL he can talk about is himself.  he doesn't even talk about being passionate about the game, because he isn't.  his BIGGEST COMPLAINT i could glean from the preposterous CNN interview that you know he did behind the Rockets' back was that he did not like "staying in hotels" and that's why he left the Red River Rapscallions or whatever they are called.  REALLY?  i mean when does someone in this kid's inner circle advise him to SHUT UP, you look FOOLISH- if you can't eat and sleep in a hotel then this is NOT THE BUSINESS FOR YOU- they are not going to rent luxury houses for you for one night in each city- that would technically be more chaotic than a series of milk-toast to very nice hotel rooms.

soon he won't have to worry about it- he's done enough to have his contract voided already, meanwhile he is EMBLAZONED with tattoos- anxiety disorder but doesn't mind buzzing needles coming at you?  m'k.  needles galore but hotel rooms bad.  right.  soon he'll be staying in homelesss shelters or JAIL.  the idiot has FOUR KIDS already- apparently can't put a piece of gum on it or do anything to keep from spreading his baby mamma empire.  four kids, four different tramps. 

He's GOOD at racking up the babies- that takes some intense interpersonal contact.  but he can't stay in a hotel?  can't practice and stay in shape?  the guy is a complete flake.  too many people have over-catered to him in his life.  he also LEAKED a letter that daryl morey, houston GM sent to him regarding not going to any of the psychiatrist appointments that the rockets made for him and to please define what it is he needs- which he constantly changes his song over.  the leaked letter made white look like a MORON.  so why did he leak it?  he thought that there was something juicy in it to enhance his victimhood.  only narcissists think like this.

and narcissism is a son of a B, but it's only a "disability" when others enable it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Royce seems intent on not curing his psychosis but behaving his illness treated the same as a physical injury getting time off whenever he feels stressed about flying just as an ankle injury gets a few days off to rehab. What he fails to understand is, the ankle heals with treatment, while psychosis doesn't heal without treatment ... and maybe not even with treatment.