Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden

A bit bored (Heat versus Mavericks Ho-Hum), so thought I would stir it up with a speculative trade, pick-up, and draft pick: trade Rondo to the Wolves for newly signed Rubio and pick up Oden for 2011-2012. Draft DeAndre Liggins (UK) with 2nd round pick (defensive stopper).

Thoughts or better speculative trades, pick-ups, and or draft picks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden

Ricky Rubio will only average 8 points and 6 assists a game, if hes a starter. so no thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

To trade a terrifc point guard for a guard who might not even come to the NBAseems a bit reckless to me. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BCSP,
    You stirred things up because you might be the worst armchair general manager in history. What a nutty trade!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Are you high?  Rubio is Rondo without the penetration ability.  If you rate Rondo a 7 out of 10.. Rubio is no better than a 5 at PG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Truly bad/horrible idea.  Rubio is (a) unproven while Rondo is an allstar (even if he's not perfect) and (b) Rubio is known not to be able to play defense well in Euro leagues - guess how that will work out for him in the NBA??? 

Why in the world would we EVER do something like that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Hey! I said i was bored.

Excerpt from NY Times article about R. Rubio: 

"The best boon to his development might be to play in the N.B.A., where the best point guards are not only great passers but are also able to carry a team with their scoring. In the more-wide-open N.B.A. style, Rubio could flourish."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I don't think the T-Wolves would be interested in such a trade.

While Rubio at this point is an unknown, Rondo is very much a known.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden:
    [QUOTE]A bit bored (Heat versus Mavericks Ho-Hum), so thought I would stir it up with a speculative trade, pick-up, and draft pick: trade Rondo to the Wolves for newly signed Rubio and pick up Oden for 2011-2012. Draft DeAndre Liggins (UK) with 2nd round pick (defensive stopper). Thoughts or better speculative trades, pick-ups, and or draft picks?
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Rubio was a bust in Europe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the T-Wolves would be interested in such a trade. While Rubio at this point is an unknown, Rondo is very much a known. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    More idiocy from pud.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

here's a better trade with Min and G St
    Min gets Rondo the playmaker they have wanted
    Bos gets Love (restricted FA next year and will refuse to resign in Min) and #20 pick and Rubio to make money work

G St gets - J Green and 2011 #25 pick, cash and #55 pick
    Bos gets - S Curry and #11 pick and #43 pick

Darft #11 Markieff Morris, #20 C. Singleton and #43 Trey Thompkins or K Benson or next best big.

Result
    PG , Curry, D West, Vet Min
    SG Allen, FA- R Williams (split MLE), V Wafer
    SF Pierce, C. Singleton, FA Al Thornton (split MLE)
    PF K. Love, KG, Mrkf Morris
    C JON, T. Thompkins, V. Macklin (undrafed signing) or this is where you sign G. Oden/Kristic to a 1 yr deal or another VMin player

With expiring contracts in 2012 we would still reserve the dream of the DH crowd.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Why would Minny make that trade? That makes no sense...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Trade Rondo, a 2 time NBA allstar with one NBA championship already who is in his mid-twenties for a point guard who has never played in the NBA. Hey, why not? Sounds like a great idea to me. While Danny Ainge is at it, he should trade Paul Pierce and K.G for a future second round draft pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I have to agree with all of the others that this would be a bad trade. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I'm really glad that some of the posters on these forums are not real GM's.  Horrible trade ideas. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden : More idiocy from pud.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Wait until Rondo gets news that he has been traded and refuses to report... or "fails" the medical with his myriad of lingering injuries.

This headcase may be untradeable... and why would Minnie want to take that chance?

A few elite teams with plenty of shooters who can hope to hide his weaknesses may be interested. 

But not Minnie and not any other lottery team. 

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wow, seems like someone found the only PG in the league who is as bad in shooting as Rondo. Ah wait, he is not even in the league and played terrible in europe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This is a joke right?

I like the Liggens pick though.  That is the direction the Celts need to be going in the draft, meaning long and athletic, worry about their "game" later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rubio weighs about 150 with a fresh dump in his pants and can't shoot worse than rondo.  the trade makes no sense unless we are guaranteed to get rubio and minny's unconditional first round pick the following year.  and maybe something else.

i think there are better trades out there to be had.  arguably, a slap in the face and kick in the nuts is better than that trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Not tooo interesting of a trade.  It would return us to the middle of the  pack.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rubio for Rondo and pick-up Oden:
    [QUOTE]A bit bored (Heat versus Mavericks Ho-Hum), so thought I would stir it up with a speculative trade, pick-up, and draft pick: trade Rondo to the Wolves for newly signed Rubio and pick up Oden for 2011-2012. Draft DeAndre Liggins (UK) with 2nd round pick (defensive stopper). Thoughts or better speculative trades, pick-ups, and or draft picks?
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not.... I love how posters on BDC wax poetic about how players are perfect for the team, etc. and one of my favorites is how posters place huge qualifiers on players and then use those qualifiers to place players in the company of the actual elite players while ignoring qualifiers.... so if you say Perk is the best post defender that can't read or write and has no offensive skills and is a turnover waiting to happen who happens to be a living breathing moving screen whose defense is overrated and cannot shoot free throws and has no back to the basket and no facing the basket game he is one of the best young centers in the league who has not had surgery on both knees....... if you put enough qualifiers on it, the player becomes the best on the planet.......

So I do not want to trade one point guard who cannot shoot, cannot shoot 3s, cannot finish, cannot make free throws, etc. whose initials are RR for a point guard who can do all of those things whose initials are also RR.... imagine Rubio going to Minnesota but then reading on BDC how if you exclude Ricky Rubio (RR) then Rondo is the best point guard in the league with the initials RR....... just one little qualifier........  Rondo is perfect for the Cs, how on earth anyone would want to trade Rondo for Rubio is just silly, I like to be able to use the qualifiers to make all of my points...... 

Sections
Shortcuts