Rubio wants to play for Celtics!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics!

Very weak point guard, lacks athleticism and speed, doesn't shoot very well and doesn't defend. Overrated!!!!

I don't know how people can compare him to Pete Maravich! Just ridiculous!

On the other hand, he can shoot FT's very well lol

Undecided

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I read the article, there was nothing there that said Rubio wants to play for the Celtics. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Read it again. His family wants him on a East Coast team. NY, Boston or Miami.

That's enough for Ainge to see what Minn wants. If it's too much you walk away. Anytime a player this heralded calls out a specific city/team you don't turn your back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics!:
    [QUOTE]Read it again. His family wants him on a East Coast team. NY, Boston or Miami. That's enough for Ainge to see what Minn wants. If it's too much you walk away. Anytime a player this heralded calls out a specific city/team you don't turn your back.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

but the family's preference is to be on the East Coast, specifically New York, Miami or Boston.

Don't exaggerate, Bias. It says the FAMILY'S PREFERENCE, it didn't say Ricky Rubio himself wanted to be a Boston Celtic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Do you think most of these guys are going to go on record of saying where they'd like to play. They speak through their friends/families plus he's young.

You're smarter than that...well maybe not.

Has anyone ever heard Melo say he wants to play for NY? No but everyone around him has said it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Do you think most of these guys are going to go on record of saying where they'd like to play. They speak through their friends/families plus he's young. You're smarter than that...well maybe not. Has anyone ever heard Melo say he wants to play for NY? No but everyone around him has said it.

Once again, Bias, do research first before you post something you know little about. You're smarter than that... guess not.

Carmelo Anthony(notes) still hopes to persuade the Denver Nuggets to trade him, preferably to either the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks, an NBA source with knowledge of Anthony’s wishes told Yahoo! Sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.netspost.com/2010/12/espn-melo-wants-knicks/

The Nets may have to look elsewhere for a big time player, as espn.com is reporting that Carmelo Anthony reportedly told Denver higher ups that he will only sign an extension if he’s traded to the Knicks.

Research, Bias, research!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bias, I get your point

Fierce, I get yours, too - it's a technicality.

BUT, Melo has said he will only sign an extension with the Knicks or Nuggets, which is more or less saying he will only play in NY.  Again, technicalities can work for either side, depeding upon the argument you wish to make.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Bias, I get your point Fierce, I get yours, too - it's a technicality. BUT, Melo has said he will only sign an extension with the Knicks or Nuggets, which is more or less saying he will only play in NY.  Again, technicalities can work for either side, depeding upon the argument you wish to make.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you this, don't you think it's misleading to say that Rubio "wants to play for the Celtics" when the report just said Rubio's family prefers the East Coast?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Where is the quote from Melo??

If he told higher ups that he only wanted to play for the Knicks why are they only interested in NJ??

Those are reports from media outlets. Where is the quote from Melo?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Let me ask you this, don't you think it's misleading to say that Rubio "wants to play for the Celtics" when the report just said Rubio's family prefers the East Coast?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No, because I would take the families word over a media report any day. They are closer to the situation. Do you know how many teams are on the East coast and they "reportedly only named 3". What does that tell you?? He wants to go to a contender on the East coast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Where is the quote from Melo?? If he told higher ups that he only wanted to play for the Knicks why are they only interested in NJ?? Those are reports from media outlets. Where is the quote from Melo?

Where is the quote from Ricky Rubio that he "wants to play for the Celtics"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : No, because I would take the families word over a media report any day. They are closer to the situation. Do you know how many teams are on the East coast and they "reportedly only named 3". What does that tell you?? He wants to go to a contender on the East coast.

How about this, in the end do you, BiasLewis, think Ricky Rubio will end up playing for the Boston Celtics? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Where is the quote from Ricky Rubio that he "wants to play for the Celtics"?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You were the one that said "Rubio didn't say it". So I'm asking you where is the quote that Melo said he wanted to play only for the Knicks.

My point was that you won't find quotes from the player but from friends/family.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : You were the one that said "Rubio didn't say it". So I'm asking you where is the quote that Melo said he wanted to play only for the Knicks. My point was that you won't find quotes from the player but from friends/family.

Friends and family of Melo also said Melo wants to be in NY ONLY!

Do research first before you post about something you know little about. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No, where is the quote from Melo that he wanted to play in NY? You asked me where the quote from Rubio was? Don't try to use my point of evidence against me! LOL!

Nevermind you're talking in circles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]No, where is the quote from Melo that he wanted to play in NY? You asked me where the quote from Rubio was? Don't try to use my point of evidence against me! LOL! Nevermind you're talking in circles.

You're the one talking in circles. I was not the one who said you're never going to get any quotes from the players themselves. 

The point is the title of your thread is misleading. There are no actual reports of Ricky Rubio of wanting to play for the Boston Celtics. Rubio's family preferred the East Coast, NY, Miami, or Boston. It DID NOT say Ricky Rubio wants to become a Boston Celtic. 

I thought you are an engineer, are you a conman as well? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias and Fierce,
    You have got be kidding in the first place, Rubio for Rondo with Love thrown in?  First off it would never happen. Second Ainge would insane if he got rid of Rondo.  Rubio is no lock for the NBA, let alone a player of Rondo's status.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Bias and Fierce, You have got be kidding in the first place, Rubio for Rondo with Love thrown in?  First off it would never happen. Second Ainge would insane if he got rid of Rondo.  Rubio is no lock for the NBA, let alone a player of Rondo's status.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Why are you surprised? BiasLewis is the one that said that the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore. He's also the one that said Ainge should trade Big Baby if Baby doesn't sign an extension by the trade deadline. 

I almost forgot, Bias also said the Celtics should trade for Marcus Camby.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : You're the one talking in circles. I was not the one who said you're never going to get any quotes from the players themselves.  The point is the title of your thread is misleading. There are no actual reports of Ricky Rubio of wanting to play for the Boston Celtics. Rubio's family preferred the East Coast, NY, Miami, or Boston. It DID NOT say Ricky Rubio wants to become a Boston Celtic.  I thought you are an engineer, are you a conman as well? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

If you heard that Melo wanted to only play in NY, Boston, or Miami what would you think? Do you think it would be so far-fetched to say "Melo wants to play in Boston".

I don't think so. You're trying to make more out of it than it is. Rarely do any players friends/family state they want to play in Boston. LOL! Just look at our FA record over the years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : If you heard that Melo wanted to only play in NY, Boston, or Miami what would you think? Do you think it would be so far-fetched to say "Melo wants to play in Boston". I don't think so. You're trying to make more out of it than it is. Rarely do any players friends/family state they want to play in Boston. LOL! Just look at our FA record over the years.

You could be right, it's just unfortunate that you only wrote "Rubio wants to play for the Celtics!" If you wrote "Rubio wants to play for the Celtics, Knicks, or Heat!" I would have believed you.

Is it because you're an engineer and not an expert on writing proper English?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

look at it like this, p34: you got eleven more posts as you ascend into the stratosphere. you should be thanking biasLewis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Bias and Fierce, You have got be kidding in the first place, Rubio for Rondo with Love thrown in?  First off it would never happen. Second Ainge would insane if he got rid of Rondo.  Rubio is no lock for the NBA, let alone a player of Rondo's status.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

It's funny that there is such a disparity of thoughts on Rondo, RA and our bench.

Some think Rondo is untradable. Others think he's totally overrated.
    Some think our bench is the greatest. Others think our bench isn't that great
    Some think RA is the reason why we win. Some think he's a great shooter but does have slumps.

There are just so many extremes on this board. Are we all watching the same team??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : You could be right, it's just unfortunate that you only wrote "Rubio wants to play for the Celtics!" If you wrote "Rubio wants to play for the Celtics, Knicks, or Heat!" I would have believed you. Is it because you're an engineer and not an expert on writing proper English?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Of all people you want to talk about verbiage used?? Please!

Why do I care about the Heat or Knicks? I posted it because Boston was mentioned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : It's funny that there is such a disparity of thoughts on Rondo, RA and our bench. Some think Rondo is untradable. Others think he's totally overrated. Some think our bench is the greatest. Others think our bench isn't that great Some think RA is the reason why we win. Some think he's a great shooter but does have slumps. There are just so many extremes on this board. Are we all watching the same team??

That's because not all the people on this board believe that Mikki Moore, Marcus Camby, James Posey, or Ricky Rubio is the solution to the Celtics' needs.