Rubio wants to play for Celtics!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics!

In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Of all people you want to talk about verbiage used?? Please! Why do I care about the Heat or Knicks? I posted it because Boston was mentioned.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY! You posted it because you liked the idea of Rubio coming to the Celtics, not because Rubio really said he wanted to come to Boston. This is another one of your dream scenarios. 

This is a perfect example of what you said about Carlos Delfino. You said you don't want Delfino to come to the Celtics because he's a Euro. But Delfino is from South America. HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : EXACTLY! You posted it because you liked the idea of Rubio coming to the Celtics, not because Rubio really said he wanted to come to Boston. This is another one of your dream scenarios.  This is a perfect example of what you said about Carlos Delfino. You said you don't want Delfino to come to the Celtics because he's a Euro. But Delfino is from South America. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Again, misquote me and try to make yourself look smart. You are truly an idiot. It's confirmed that your thought process and intelligence is very limited. You think in a box and any thoughts outside that box, you bring the conversation back to the subjects in that box. Broaden your horizons P34!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : You could be right, it's just unfortunate that you only wrote "Rubio wants to play for the Celtics!" If you wrote "Rubio wants to play for the Celtics, Knicks, or Heat!" I would have believed you. Is it because you're an engineer and not an expert on writing proper English?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I once worked for a company whose entire operations were based in Denver and had been for over 100 years.  They had operations around the globe but was a Denver based company.  They hired a new CEO who was from France and he wanted to maintain and office in Paris and London and felt that if he had to go to the US he did not want to fly all the way to Denver so they moved the entire operations to just outside of Boston.  The employees were told if you don't want to relocate to Boston you no longer have a job.  There were employees that had been with the company for 30 and in some cases 40 years - almost none of them moved.  About 2 years after becoming CEO the guy was fired.

The absolute epitome of arrogance.

But I digress....

If the BIG 3 were closer to the end, I would trade just about anyone on the roster for Rubio.

The Heat have the best point guard in the league and I am sure the Knicks feel the future is bright with Felton running the team.

Atlanta is the busiest airport in the country so I would think Hotlanta would be an option for Rubio as well.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned re. Rubio is the GM that drafted should lose his job.  He took point guards with consecutive picks thinking that someday Rubio would be the point guard of the future and obtw we also have Jonny Flynn.

The price of gold has done nothing but go up for the last several years and is generally a good inflation hedge but there is nothing more valuable than a top 10 pick in the NBA and using one on Rubio should have a been a job-ending decision for the GM.

There are zero foreign guards that should ever ever ever warrant a top ten pick and only a handful of BIGS - Pau, Dirk, Bargnani.  Foreign picks should be late picks where you don't expect to get much and are lucky when you do (Parker, Manu, Varejao, and hopefully maybe someday Semih). 

The Cs have nothing to offer and nothing to gain by attempting to get Rubio - the only benefit (if you want to call it that) would be that they could become the first team in history to have back to back point guards with the same initials and that with a buck and a half you could get a diet coke..............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Again, misquote me and try to make yourself look smart. You are truly an idiot. It's confirmed that your thought process and intelligence is very limited. You think in a box and any thoughts outside that box, you bring the conversation back to the subjects in that box. Broaden your horizons P34!!

Really? I'm an idiot? In case you didn't notice, Rubio's family never said Ricky wants to be a Boston Celtic. The family said they want to be in the East Coast. That means it's NY, Miami, or Boston. 

An idiot is someone who saw the word Boston in an article regarding Ricky Rubio and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Rubio "wants to play for the Celtics!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think some are underestimating how GMs feel about Rubio. I already said what his weaknesses are...quickness, defense and shooting. That has never stopped a GM from drafting/trading for a guy that has weaknesses. All players have some weaknesses.

Rubio has been playing pro ball for a long time. People once said the same things about Pau Gasol and now look at him. Minn knows if they dangled him teams would come calling because he's a draw and reminds people of Nash. He makes players around him better.

Down him if you want too but when I look at college players these days, I can spot a lot of players that are worse. Ask Philly if they would've taken Turner over Rubio at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

HERE, BIAS!

Re: Carlos Delfino

posted at 12/22/2010 9:32 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 1/24/2011
    He's a Euro. Plays no defense...next!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Really? I'm an idiot? In case you didn't notice, Rubio's family never said Ricky wants to be a Boston Celtic. The family said they want to be in the East Coast. That means it's NY, Miami, or Boston.  An idiot is someone who saw the word Boston in an article regarding Ricky Rubio and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Rubio "wants to play for the Celtics!"
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Idiot!

You are officially the board idiot! That's how I will address you from now on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Idiot! You are officially the board idiot! That's how I will address you from now on.

An idiot is someone who saw the word Boston in an article regarding Ricky Rubio and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Rubio "wants to play for the Celtics!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Of all people you want to talk about verbiage used?? Please! Why do I care about the Heat or Knicks? I posted it because Boston was mentioned.

IDIOT!

HAHAHA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

[QUOTE]Read it again. His family wants him on a East Coast team. NY, Boston or Miami. That's enough for Ainge to see what Minn wants. If it's too much you walk away. Anytime a player this heralded calls out a specific city/team you don't turn your back.
    this means the pats, bruins, and redsox are an option too.. ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    That decision in Minnesota was one of the worst I have ever seen.  Could it have been drafting the two point guards was some kind of trade agreement gone wrong?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Minn knew Rubio wouldn't come but wanted to have his rights for a bargaining/trading chip. That's why they then drafted Flynn.

Didn't Minn draft 3 PGs?? Rubio, Flynn and Lawson and then traded Lawson? I could be wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : An idiot is someone who saw the word Boston in an article regarding Ricky Rubio and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Rubio "wants to play for the Celtics!"
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Idiot,

See this is from a column on CNNSI from the NY Times. Doesn't it say he's angling for the Heat?? Why didn't he mention the Knicks or Celtics?? I posted it on a message board, this guy is a columnist.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/262651-rubio-may-spurn-minnesota

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/morning-jolt/01/24/monday-jolt/index.html?eref=sihp

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Hmmmmmm, eastcoast huh?
    therefore can be....
         Celtics - Knicks - Nets - 76 - Wizard - Charlotte - Hawks - Magic - Heat
    oh....add Toronto too.

So, Rubio will play for Toronto and Wizard? I doubt it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Translation: I want to go to a East Coast contender. Why go to a bad East Coast team when I could just play for the TWolves.

I doubt the C's could get him but I think Ainge would inquire about it. He'd be stupid not too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]Translation: I want to go to a East Coast contender. Why go to a bad East Coast team when I could just play for the TWolves. I doubt the C's could get him but I think Ainge would inquire about it. He'd be stupid not too.

You might as well be Rubio's spokeperson, 'cause there was no "contender"
    word mentioned in the link. Could it be in Italian that I missed it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

HAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

consistent with the sheer 20 watt intelligence of someone who would have a boston sports tragedy as their avatar, and two tragic boston sports deaths in their username, bias has stumbled upon the ricky rubyo quagmire and declared him the next great celtic....

1. ricky has stunk the last two years in spanish league, more than ever this year.

2. ricky shot 18.2% on 3's last year- 4-22

3. ricky is physically jacked up less than your average 13 year old girl- look at those arms

4. ricky cannot shoot

5. we already have a PG who struggles with shooting

so what's the point or ricky rubio coming to the celtics?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]consistent with the sheer 20 watt intelligence of someone who would have a boston sports tragedy as their avatar, and two tragic boston sports deaths in their username, bias has stumbled upon the ricky rubyo quagmire and declared him the next great celtic.... 1. ricky has stunk the last two years in spanish league, more than ever this year. 2. ricky shot 18.2% on 3's last year- 4-22 3. ricky is physically jacked up less than your average 13 year old girl- look at those arms 4. ricky cannot shoot 5. we already have a PG who struggles with shooting so what's the point or ricky rubio coming to the celtics?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Poor Bias.

HAHAHA!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]why would we want another PG who can't shoot, and this one with little athleticism and no defense........he was exposed during the summer.........all he is is a lot of flash with no substance to speak of
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Actually the Celtics don't want Rubio. It's BiasLewis that wants Rubio.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]consistent with the sheer 20 watt intelligence of someone who would have a boston sports tragedy as their avatar, and two tragic boston sports deaths in their username, bias has stumbled upon the ricky rubyo quagmire and declared him the next great celtic.... 1. ricky has stunk the last two years in spanish league, more than ever this year. 2. ricky shot 18.2% on 3's last year- 4-22 3. ricky is physically jacked up less than your average 13 year old girl- look at those arms 4. ricky cannot shoot 5. we already have a PG who struggles with shooting so what's the point or ricky rubio coming to the celtics?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Say what you want but GMs will take Rubio. I'm already aware of his weaknesses but again watch teams scramble for him when he decides to come over to the NBA.

Sure I'd take him, does it mean we give up Rondo? Well that's another story.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rubio wants to play for Celtics! : Say what you want but GMs will take Rubio. I'm already aware of his weaknesses but again watch teams scramble for him when he decides to come over to the NBA. Sure I'd take him, does it mean we give up Rondo? Well that's another story.

You'd take him for your fantasy team?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rubio has played badly the last year. Now is hardly the time to seek him out. Rondo for Kevin Love is a very stupid trade. Why don't you suggest trading Big Baby for Kevin Love? That trade would be just as lopsided and then we don't have to give up a very good point guard for an unproven international stiff.

Sections
Shortcuts