Rumor: Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Discussing Blockbuster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: Rumor: Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Discussing Blockbuster?

In response to rameakap's comment:

I cannot see the Clippers giving up Griffin

However, I would do the deal without him.

Pierce (15.3m option) and KG (11.5m) make 26.8 million. The Clippers would need to come up with around 21 million in salary to take those two players on.

Jordan makes 11, Butler makes 8 and Bledsoe makes 2.6. That is pretty much close enough. If more cash is needed the Clippers can pick up the player option at 1.4m of Willie Green.

They should also give us their 2014 1st rd pick.

If Doc would prefer to coach his guys and CP3 in LA he can resign and sign with them, or the C's can work on a buyout.

I would do a Pierce for Jordan deal in a second and to make the contracts closer pull in Bledsoe and say bye bye to Doc.  Keep KG because he showed he can still play in this league by looking at his playoff numbers.  Sully would be his backup so you can keep KG's minutes down.  Then try to draw Sloan or Jackson as the coach or even Thibedeu from the Bulls back to the C's.

I like a starting 5 of PG Rondo, SG Bledsoe, SF Jeff Green, PF KG and C Jordan

Reserves Bradley, Williams, Sully, Bass, Terry, Lee

This would also change what your searching for in the draft from a specific player position to best player available.

But very unlikely

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Pierce (15.3m option) and KG (11.5m) make 26.8 million. The Clippers would need to come up with around 21 million in salary to take those two players on.

Jordan makes 11, Butler makes 8 and Bledsoe makes 2.6. That is pretty much close enough. If more cash is needed the Clippers can pick up the player option at 1.4m of Willie Green.

If Doc would prefer to coach his guys and CP3 in LA he can resign and sign with them, or the C's can work on a buyout.

I would do a Pierce for Jordan deal in a second and to make the contracts closer pull in Bledsoe and say bye bye to Doc.  Keep KG because he showed he can still play in this league by looking at his playoff numbers.  Sully would be his backup so you can keep KG's minutes down.  Then try to draw Sloan or Jackson as the coach or even Thibedeu from the Bulls back to the C's.

This would also change what your searching for in the draft from a specific player position to best player available.

But very unlikely

Plus KG's outside shot will open up the middle for Jordan.  This is something the Clippers have lacked because Griffin doesn't have that outside shot to stretch the interior of their opponents.  In this stage of the game Green has way more upside than PP and his outside shot is way more consistant than Pauls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I still think Rondo in a sign and trade for Big Al.....if we have Bledsoe?  UT needs a PG, and we have too many guards.

Rondo remains an all-star top 5 at his position who has more upside than Al, who is a borderline all-star top 10 at his position.

But I agree, if we had Bledsoe and not knowing 100% what RR will be like post injury AND Rondo likely wanting max money in 2 years, that a sign and trade for Al would be a decent move.

A rotation looking something like this:

C - Jordan (28 mins), Al (20m)

PF - Al (14m), Sully (26m), Green (8m)

SF - Green (26m), Butler (22m)

SG - Avery (28m), Lee or Terry (20m)

PG - Bledsoe (34m), Terry or T. Williams (14m)

Clearly we'd have Bass, Crawford and one of Lee or Terry to trade and a decent pick to work with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

But very unlikely

But then the Clippers have no Center

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pierce and Perkins to LAC

Butler to OKC

Jordan and Bledsoe to BOS

Rondo to eiter SAC or UTAH............can't make up my mind!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Butler to OKC

and KG?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Does anyone here actually believe the Clippers would give up a 23-year-old All-Star in Blake Griffin, a servicable (at least) 24-year-old big man in DeAndre Jordan, a decent backup point guard in 23-year-old Eric Bledsoe, and a quality shooter in Caron Butler for two players in the twilight of their careers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Butler to OKC

and KG?

KG to Malibu!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Does anyone here actually believe the Clippers would give up a 23-year-old All-Star in Blake Griffin, a servicable (at least) 24-year-old big man in DeAndre Jordan, a decent backup point guard in 23-year-old Eric Bledsoe, and a quality shooter in Caron Butler for two players in the twilight of their careers?

I don't believe the rumor.  But we have to remember, we're talking about the Clippers/Don Sterling here -- so nothing's too stupid to imagine them trying to do.  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

no way this happens...not even reading it anywhere else........poor reporting.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think Chris Paul will have a lot of influence in any moves the Clips make this off-season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I think Chris Paul will have a lot of influence in any moves the Clips make this off-season.

All these possibilities sound very unsatisfying.  Danny is going to deal and do much better than any of these underwhelming moves.  Rondo can't be traded unless we receive someone who can change a game the way he can.  For that reason he won't be moved.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Louisio's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow! I thought Steven A. was simply looking for some attention. Could this rumor be true? 

It can't be true because NBA coaches can't be traded.

S. Smith isn't reporting that Doc would actually be traded, but would sign with the Clippers in conjunction with the deal. Anyway, it's too good to be true, but one can always dream.

Doc can't sign a contract with the Clips either. He's still under contract with the Celts until 2015. That would be a breach of contract.

He could leave if the Celtic's allowed it. They would probably get a second round draft pick for compensation.