Rumor: Celtics interested in Kendall Marshall!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Rumor: Celtics interested in Kendall Marshall!

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of all the contracts we have, it's not Bass, or even Lee that is the albatross.....it's Bogans!!

This contract is killing us.  He has to go, there is no room for him, and it prevents us from signing kids like this.

We have to make a trade.............

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody is going to take Bogans in trade.  We'll have to eat his $5M this year and then its done.  Same with Hump, but at least he has value both as a player and his expiring contract in a trade.  

More important, its the multi-year deals with players who are not part of the rebuild that we need to move this year - Wallace, Bass and Lee.   I can't see anyone taking those bad contracts without giving up value (a player(s) or draft pick(s) that we would prefer not to trade) in order to move them. 

[/QUOTE]

I would agree, but I thought Bogans has 3 years left.  If I'm incorrect, I agre that we will eat it....

[/QUOTE]

Technically he has a 3 year and $15M contract, but its Not guaranteed after this year. So we can cut him this summer without further damage after eating his $5M

[/QUOTE]

Thanks - then we are stuck with him, I guess!

[/QUOTE]

Bogans has an expiring contract! 5-mil this season, with two additional years non-guarenteed! 

Expiring deals are always sought after before the trade deadline! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's basketball smart, can control a game, and loves to pass.

Yeah, but he's slow, not athletic, and he can't shoot - 37 FG%.

So what?     Slow + unathletic + 37.5 FG% = Bob Cousy  

And don't get your knickers in a twist. I mention it only to cite that there can be little correlation between description and performance.

What's for sure is that this team is crying out for any kind of game manager, so a pure PG would really help.

If you can't get a go-to SF and/or a reliable shooter at SG, you might as well get a competent PG to try and maximize what it is you do have. 

I can see the logic of it, but a 2 million dollar price tag isn't at all doable without subtraction somewhere else. Maybe a D-league guy for the rookie minimum?

[/QUOTE]

I agree - KM was a pretty good game manager at UNC! If a roster spot opens up, via trade, he most certainly would be worth a "look see." 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some here said Bogans would bring a nice draft pick at the trade deadline by a team looking for an expiring contract. But why carry a useless body and pay him nearly $4MM till then to take up a roster spot that can be used for a young player with upside and trade value like Marshall?

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I'm not waiting till Feb hoping to get a draft pick for Bogan's expiring contract. I'd negotiate a buyout now and since he's only got a one year guaranteed deal the buyout can be stretched over the contract plus one year meaning that if the C's agreed to a buyout now for $4MM they would take a cap hit of only $2MM per year for this year and next instead of $5MM this year and open up another roster spot with cap room now!

[/QUOTE]

Why would Bogans agree to a 4M buyout when he is assured at least $5M?  then FA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of all the contracts we have, it's not Bass, or even Lee that is the albatross.....it's Bogans!!

This contract is killing us.  He has to go, there is no room for him, and it prevents us from signing kids like this.

We have to make a trade.............

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody is going to take Bogans in trade.  We'll have to eat his $5M this year and then its done.  Same with Hump, but at least he has value both as a player and his expiring contract in a trade.  

More important, its the multi-year deals with players who are not part of the rebuild that we need to move this year - Wallace, Bass and Lee.   I can't see anyone taking those bad contracts without giving up value (a player(s) or draft pick(s) that we would prefer not to trade) in order to move them. 

[/QUOTE]

I would agree, but I thought Bogans has 3 years left.  If I'm incorrect, I agre that we will eat it....

[/QUOTE]

Technically he has a 3 year and $15M contract, but its Not guaranteed after this year. So we can cut him this summer without further damage after eating his $5M

[/QUOTE]

Thanks - then we are stuck with him, I guess!

[/QUOTE]

Bogans has an expiring contract! 5-mil this season, with two additional years non-guarenteed! 

Expiring deals are always sought after before the trade deadline! 

[/QUOTE]

and what will the C's get for this low level expiring contract ... a 2nd round pick in 2015?

And for that he must sit on the end of the bench and take up a roster spot and $5MM in cap space!?!?

Heck, he already brought us a $10-12MM TPE ... what more do you need to squeeze out of his trade ... Now you're getting greedy ... At this point he's just handcuffing Danny's ability to improve the roster .... Just waive him and move on.

[/QUOTE]

We actually agree - Bogans would be a nice chip in a much larger deal! AND / OR be dealt to a team looking to dump salary! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Some here said Bogans would bring a nice draft pick at the trade deadline by a team looking for an expiring contract. But why carry a useless body and pay him nearly $4MM till then to take up a roster spot that can be used for a young player with upside and trade value like Marshall?

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I'm not waiting till Feb hoping to get a draft pick for Bogan's expiring contract. I'd negotiate a buyout now and since he's only got a one year guaranteed deal the buyout can be stretched over the contract plus one year meaning that if the C's agreed to a buyout now for $4MM they would take a cap hit of only $2MM per year for this year and next instead of $5MM this year and open up another roster spot with cap room now!

[/QUOTE]

Why would Bogans agree to a 4M buyout when he is assured at least $5M?  then FA.

[/QUOTE]

Because in a few weeks Bogans will have received approximately 20% of his annual salary! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cuz he can resign with another team for remainder of year for vet minimum or more and obviously get more playing time on a better team. He already got a huge bump in the trade and he can still become a free agent next year. Why's he want to stay here?

[/QUOTE]

Because he can collect $5M here !!!!  Why would he accept a vet minimum with another team???  What don't you understand about that?  

Also, he's turning 34.  He doesn't have an expiring contract (two years left) and his game left him in NJ.   The dude will end his career after he collects his last Celtics paycheck after this season.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to toot my own horn ...

but this pickup would work GREAT with a (Lee, Bass for Asik) trade! The trade would open up an additional roster spot, clear out a guard, and open up some more salary while staying under the tax line.

[/QUOTE]

It would be a no brainer trading Bass and Lee for Asik... for the Celtics.  But again, as so many trade proposals floated here, Houston would have no interest in taking 2 mediocre players with bad contracts.  and Remeber Houston traded Lee to us to begin with.  So that trade won't happen.  Houston will be looking to improve their PG position in a trade for Asik, if they have any intention of trading him to begin with. 

[/QUOTE]

It might be possible if you throw in a first rounder pick. Bass could provide spacing for the rockets. He's a good stretch 4. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

all we need is to compile picks and expiring contracts.

maybe bass for asik at trade deadline if our record is enough to ensure top 3-4 pick

get rid of gw first, looks like he doesnt want to be here

gw and bogans for granger

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts