Rumor: Celtic's to offer 2011 first round pick for Fernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Rumor: Celtic's to offer 2011 first round pick for Fernandez

I mentioned this in my report yesterday on the feud/pending divorce between Rudy Fernandez and the Portland Trail Blazers, but it belongs in the lead paragraph for this site: The Knicks are among the teams trying to acquire the Spanish shooting guard, and they have offered Wilson Chandler. Other offers on the table include the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls each offering a No. 1 draft pick in 2011, a league source told ESPN.com. ESPN.com

It seems that they still try to get fernandez. I just don't know how we can match the offer from the knicks or the Bulls' pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Rumor: Celtic's to offer 2011 first round pick for Fernandez

If I were Ainge I would throw in Quis and the 2011 #1 pick. The Bulls offer isn't that much better because they will be in the playoffs as well.

We could afford to give up Quis because they both essentially play the same position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: Rumor: Celtic's to offer 2011 first round pick for Fernandez:
    [QUOTE]If I were Ainge I would throw in Quis and the 2011 #1 pick. The Bulls offer isn't that much better because they will be in the playoffs as well. We could afford to give up Quis because they both essentially play the same position.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Nobody wanted Quis as a FA, so I doubt he has any trade value

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Where did you get the idea Rudy is this good?  I want a SG but not by overpaying to a player who is hardly a sure thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

Celtics ain't gonna get this guy!
    Knicks & bulls has plenty to offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The way this team is structured I'm not sure a #1 pick is worth anything. If you figure most of the team will be here for 2 years and DOc doesn't play rookies, the 2011 pick has little value. Rudy may be able to help right now.

He's not the greatest but when you include him with the sum of the parts, he'd do very well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Ainge should do it. He doesn't know what to do with 1st round picks anyway. great pic Super77

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Rumor: Celtic's to offer 2011 first round pick for Fernandez:
    [QUOTE]The way this team is structured I'm not sure a #1 pick is worth anything. If you figure most of the team will be here for 2 years and DOc doesn't play rookies, the 2011 pick has little value. Rudy may be able to help right now. He's not the greatest but when you include him with the sum of the parts, he'd do very well.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Great point.  We didnt get much value for Bill Walker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumor: Celtic's to offer 2011 first round pick for Fernandez : Great point.  We didnt get much value for Bill Walker.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    Who knows how important nate will be for the c's this year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Who's this wing? Michael Finley? There is no available wing who's worth it.

The realistic choices are Fernandez, Hughes or West.  Fernadez is BY FAR the one with the most ability and potential. Hughes is a mixed bag of question marks, and always has been.  West has ability and character issues.

They'll be lucky to get Rudy.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Harangody will be PP's back up! He has the body to play both the SF/PF and that will leave Wafer and Quis too play RA's back up. They don't need Fernandez. Good luck to both the Bulls and the Knicks...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Harangody might see action IF he shows he can play D.  Let's not be fooled by the Summer League. 

The Knicks are pretty much out of it, they have no picks to offer.  Portland is said to wants picks. It all depends on what the C's and Bulls are willing to give up besides next years #1. I think it will be Chi.

The guy the C's should not have gone after is Wafer. Rudy is far and away better, Delonte is better, and most nights even Hughes is better.  As is, they might as well change his name to DNP.  They do have an open roster spot and there is a very good chance that player will see more action than Von.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Good point about summer league. I'm not high on Goody solely because of Orlando,he has produced being doubled,tripled and dual zoned. He is not your typical create his own shot player. If memory serves me right the reason PP wasn't drafted higher was because some scouts didn't think he could keep up with atheletic sfs. He reminds me of a taller stronger nastier Alex English,he has a sneaky double double game. Fernandez would be great addition,though I've never been a fan of trading future picks. MD was doing ok before he got hurt. I think was overwhelmed by the multiple roles he was expected to cover. I like Fernandez,but I would like to see GFoody and Q get shots at filling the role the first half of the season and if it doesn't seem to be working then trade at the deadline for a backup.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Wafer can't be traded until midyear.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Yupper

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

seriously guys I think that Boston would be better served if Ainge were to somehow make a trade for Iguodala!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfan18. Show celticsfan18's posts

if we get rudy....we are going to the finals smoking them laker butts and heat and we goin to be 18 time champions againnn

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Wafer is not an issue, keep him. Harangody is too slow to stay with SFs'. West is too small to play SF.They need to go after someone like a Jarvis Hayes, Tayshaun Prince or Shane Battier. People with alot of defense and some offense off the bench.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I wish we can get Iguadola, that is a huge long shot, he is the face of the Sixers and he would want to start.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nba-favours-the-lakers. Show nba-favours-the-lakers's posts

danny has to do what ever it takes to get rudy desprate times call for desprate mesures and if danny does not get rudy fernadez he will destroy the celtics for ever and it will be a heat lakers nba finals just like david stern wants

Sections
Shortcuts