Rumor: Gilbert Arenas For Vince Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rumor: Gilbert Arenas For Vince Carter

http://www.celticsblog.com/

Not sure if this is a good trade or not.  I really don't think it is though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rumor: Gilbert Arenas For Vince Carter

as desperate as the wizards are to have arenas GONE, they'd be foolish to get no more for him than vince carter. if i'm orlando with even the slightest opportunity to make that trade, i do it yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why Arenas offers so much? They are both undersized players, no longer young and incredibly overpaid.  The one you like so much is also insane.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think that would be huge for Orlando.  Whatever personal felings people have toward Arenas he is a flat out scorer, which is their missing piece. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lani234. Show lani234's posts

Magic close to 2 deals: Carter, Gortat, Pietrus & change for Hedo, J-Rich, Clark. Plus Rashard for Gilbert straight up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeatBoston4Ever. Show BeatBoston4Ever's posts

Deal done! Hedo, Arenas, J-Rich in Orlando.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rumor: Gilbert Arenas For Vince Carter:
    [QUOTE]Deal done! Hedo, Arenas, J-Rich in Orlando.
    Posted by BeatBoston4Ever[/QUOTE]

i think we're watching otis smith's last stand.  they just took back a guy who they didn't want to pay an extension to who they thought was fading.  (hedo).  now he's back again.......  :-O

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

meh still doesnt make them better the boston when healthy. makes them number 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

it leaves orlando with no back up center right? fine by me. richardson last year put on a 3 point clinic vs celtics didnt he?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speed3Bri. Show Speed3Bri's posts

I think its a stupid trade by the Magic.  They lose a ton of height in Lewis and Gortat their backup center who could start for half the teams in the NBA and get back Turk who is inconsistant and Arenas and J-Rich who are head cases and...  give up a nice player in Pietras.  Not to mention VCart who is older now,  but instant offense.  Dumb by the Magic,  but who cares...  I'm a Celtic fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If you said this dal is bad Orlando you're crazy....  They just got better.  Now it may not work out for whatever reason, but looking at this team on paper you have to be concerned.  They can now score at will, and have Dwight clog up the middle on defense.  Hedo was amazing for this team and now is back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Losing Lewis and Carter are addition by subtraction. 

Re-obtaining Hedo helps, big time.  Losing Gortat and Pietrus as back ups hurts a bit.

The bottom line is can Arenas fit in and help?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Well to me it seems like the rotation with jameer, j rich, arenas, howard, turkoglu, bass, jj redick, q-rich  could really work... But will it work right away ? Well they'll be better then before in the long run... 
    Don't underestimate the value of jason richardson. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Done deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

Makes the Magic a bit different, eh?
    Makes Dec 25 more interesting too.
    Maybe in a month, we'll know if they made a good trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

great deal for Orlando IMO. Jameer has been playing bad basketball and lets be real, Arenas is a great player. Hedo hurts from the outside. Gilbert and Richardson can create any shot they want plus they have the outside shooting. But who is backing up Dwight????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I guess the strategy is that Elbows Howard becomes not Superman but Ironman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Hedu Turkulu was better with Orlando than Wince Carter has been.

Orlando was tougher, smarter and a flat out better offensive and defensive team with Turkulu.

I still fear Orlando more than anyone in the East.

Gilbert Arenas is the forgotten man in the NBA , playing on a horrible team and then getting stupid with guns

Never forget Gilbert Arenas is a Natural Born Killer. It hurts me as a NBA fanatic that Agent Zero is stuck in basketball Siberia , the NBA equivilent of the Montreal Expos........BUT I hope like hell he doesn't get set loose in Whorlando.

Orlando is too dangerous already.....if Agent Zero gets sprung, I hope it's to the Western Conference. Unless Ainge can figure out a way to bring him to the Celtics !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

We'll see if Orlando is better after this trade. They gave up a lot of talent and got a lot in return. However I think defensively they got worse. Carter doesn't defend well and neither does Lewis. However Pietrus is a very good defender and Gortat is a very good back up to Howard.
        Arenas can score in bunches, but is a career 42% shooter and a poor defender. Hedo is also a good scorer but a below average defender. Richardson is a terrific scorer and also not known for his defense. I don't know who Earl Clark is.
        Therefore defensively, I think Orlando took a big step backwards. Offensively they  improved as they gave up 2 big scorers for 3 big scorers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This is a hard one to evaluate.

First off, the Magic get hurt by retooling their team 1/4 through the season.. They have no training camp or enough practices for everyone to understand what to do. The chemistry will also need to come together on the fly, if it ever does.

Talent wise my gut is telling me the Magic are slightly improved. Carter has been a good player for them, just not against the Celtics in the playoffs. Pietrus was a 3 pt machine a couple years ago but has faded. Lewis used to kill us but ever since he got caught juicin, his game has faded as well. Gortat has been a real good backup to DH.

Compare that to Arenas, who I believe the jury is still out on just how valuable he might be. Hes not the guy from a few years ago scoring 30's every game. Far from it. Hedo's game has dropped as expected, being shuffled from team to team. But hes got that size thats hard to compensate for and knows the Magic system (if they still have one)

I hate Richardson cause hes been a pain for the C's... hes the one guy I dont like seeing the Magic get. Then again, he wont have Steve Nash dishing to him so who knows how effective hes gonna be.

The Magic seem to me as a clone to the KNicks in some respects. Lots of outside shooters and a good post up player. If Howard has to be double teamed, one of the sharp shooters gonna be open. I think the Celts are one of the few teams that can deal with that effectively, assuming all our bigs are healthy.

Defensively, the Magic have to take a couple steps backwards, if for no other reason than trying to mesh all these new players on the run during the season. Gonna be tough. Plus individually, I think the players they got rid of are better defensive players than who they picked up.

Im much more concerned about the Heat and our ability to get everyone healthy for the playoffs