Rumor on Dennis & Callahn: Detroit wants Rondon't for their #1 next year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Rumor on Dennis & Callahn: Detroit wants Rondon't for their #1 next year

NWIH

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

You can't allow them to hold onto the loads of good young prospects, give them Rondo, and get nothing but a pick, and prob another garbage exp contract!!!!

They have Monroe, Drummond, Knight, Caldwell-Pope, Tony Mitchell (if you haven't heard, this kid is a FREAK of nature!  Basically he looks like an in-his-prime 6'9" Larry Johnson with Mutumbo's arms attached).  We NEED to get one or two of these guys for a decent return on our All-Star point guard. Especially because it will prob facilitate the signing of who they really want...Josh Smith.

God these future picks and terrible short term contracts are starting to REALLY tick me off!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Detroit will be bad this year, so their 2014 pick is worth much more than the Nets picks.  Get rid of Bass, Lee or Wallace in the process.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I would do this in a hearbeat.

This team needs a complete makeover, Rondo is just good enough to help this team win 35 games which is the worst place to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Detroit will be bad this year, so their 2014 pick is worth much more than the Nets picks.  Get rid of Bass, Lee or Wallace in the process.

I don't know how bad Detroit will be.  If they get Rondo, and in turn get Smith, and right now they are trying to get Rudy Gay...thats not a championship team, but it's def a top 5 team in the east.  Add Drummond, Monroe, Knight, and Caldwell Pope in to that equation and you have a solid, solid team.  

They would have defense, passing, they would be aggressive driving to the hoop, they are rediculously athletic and fast.  They lack shooters, and have 3 guys that kinda dominate the ball, but in the east they'd be good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I like

BOS: Stucky 8.5M, Villanueva 8.5M, 2014 pick (unprotected), 2016 pick (top10 protected), Kyle Singler 1M

DET: Rondo 12M, Bass 6.5M, Crawford 2M

Allows detroit to shed dead weight and go sign Josh Smith. Rondo, KCP, Smith, Drummond, Monroe with Knight, Crawford, Jerebco, Bass off the bench. I think Detroit would salivate at the idea of being able to keep both bigs and get an allstar PG, AND be able to sign Smith. Definitely worth two future 1st round picks IMO.

For Boston, we get two more expiring contracts, an asset in Singler and two coveted picks.

I want all the pickssss alll of themmmm!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't know how bad Detroit will be.  If they get Rondo, and in turn get Smith, and right now they are trying to get Rudy Gay...thats not a championship team, but it's def a top 5 team in the east.  Add Drummond, Monroe, Knight, and Caldwell Pope in to that equation and you have a solid, solid team.  

They would have defense, passing, they would be aggressive driving to the hoop, they are rediculously athletic and fast.  They lack shooters, and have 3 guys that kinda dominate the ball, but in the east they'd be good.

[/QUOTE]

Thats the other part of this deal. By giving them Rondo and allowing them to sign Smith, Toronto is out a trade partner for R. Gay. If they keep Gay, Toronto definitely has a playoff team considering how weak our conference is. That is one less team in competition for Wiggins!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

And you cant just trade Rondo for a #1 pick.  You need to either take back another short term bad contact or a combo of players.  So what did D and C suggest is the other part of this??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Like I said, if you can get rid of the bad contracts and get one of their young SG's I do it.

The pick can even be top 3 protected. Detroit will be somewhere between 10-18 in the draft if they get a healthy Rondo by Christmas with that young core all being slightly better.

Rondo, Wallace, Lee and Crawford for Stuckey/Villanueva expiring contracts, Knight OR Caldwell-Pope, a top 3 protected pick and if need be the Jebreko contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Detroit is lucky enough to land top 3 then the C's would get TWO unprotected #1's in '15 and '17

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If Detroit is lucky enough to land top 3 then the C's would get TWO unprotected #1's in '15 and '17

New Orlenas just gave up Noel (the #5 pick), and a future 1st for holliday (an allstar pg with an expiring contract). Rondo has a team friendly 2 years left. The market for allstar pg has been set, and if Ainge moved Rondo, he should ask for more because of the second year on the contract and the contract not being at max money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Rondo as the penetrator dishing to solid shooters in Sully, Kelly, Green, or Bass makes sense.  Rondo running the break with Green, and Bradley makes sense.  Keep Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

just one pick?? that should not do it!! a pick and?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Do it...even if you have to trip over yourself and break a leg to do it....

Do it NOW!!!! Do they think mr ego is going to want to rebuild. Only trouble !!! Dump Rondo now !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

New Orlenas just gave up Noel (the #5 pick), and a future 1st for holliday (an allstar pg with an expiring contract). Rondo has a team friendly 2 years left. The market for allstar pg has been set, and if Ainge moved Rondo, he should ask for more because of the second year on the contract and the contract not being at max money.

[/QUOTE]

but wouldn't you rather pay the healthy 23-24 year old Holiday 44 million over 4 years than pay the 27-28 year old Rondo 25 over 2, where he will not be 100% for the first few months of that first year and then at age 29 he will ask for max money while the 26 year old Holiday has 2/22 left.

I agree it needs to be more than one '14 pick though, they need cap relief AND one of Knight or Caldwell-Pope

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

You can't allow them to hold onto the loads of good young prospects, give them Rondo, and get nothing but a pick, and prob another garbage exp contract!!!!

They have Monroe, Drummond, Knight, Caldwell-Pope, Tony Mitchell (if you haven't heard, this kid is a FREAK of nature!  Basically he looks like an in-his-prime 6'9" Larry Johnson with Mutumbo's arms attached).  We NEED to get one or two of these guys for a decent return on our All-Star point guard. Especially because it will prob facilitate the signing of who they really want...Josh Smith.

God these future picks and terrible short term contracts are starting to REALLY tick me off!

Gotta love a guy that played for the "Mean Green"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every ACL surgery is different.  Some players come back after 6 months and struggle for a year.  Others like D Rose come back after one year and may be better off with a stronger body at that point.

Rondo is crazy enough to come back too soon and re-injure his knee.  That is what scares me.  Trade him asap.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I like

BOS: Stucky 8.5M, Villanueva 8.5M, 2014 pick (unprotected), 2016 pick (top10 protected), Kyle Singler 1M

DET: Rondo 12M, Bass 6.5M, Crawford 2M

Allows detroit to shed dead weight and go sign Josh Smith. Rondo, KCP, Smith, Drummond, Monroe with Knight, Crawford, Jerebco, Bass off the bench. I think Detroit would salivate at the idea of being able to keep both bigs and get an allstar PG, AND be able to sign Smith. Definitely worth two future 1st round picks IMO.

For Boston, we get two more expiring contracts, an asset in Singler and two coveted picks.

I want all the pickssss alll of themmmm!

I chuckled at this...  funny stuff!!  I want'em all also.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

DO IT! The Pistons are going to be a lottery team next year for sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needs to bring a point guard back in trade.  Danny is going to surprise everyone by dealing almost all of these picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Rondo needs to bring a point guard back in trade.  Danny is going to surprise everyone by dealing almost all of these picks.

Thats an interesting thought I hadnt considered. That could definitely speed up the rebuilding if done right.  Also, Rondo for one first round pick, no way that is enough.

Sections
Shortcuts