Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another rumor of a three team deal ....

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-Asik-trade-situation-coming-into-focus-5065660.php?t=72899466c4f992f472

As much as speculation has centered around Thad Young, if the Rockets are to do a deal with Philadelphia and former Rockets assistant GM Sam Hinkie, it is more likely to be a three-team deal in which the player the Sixers trade goes elsewhere.

The Rockets likely would want draft picks in a deal, and Hinkie is not expected to give those up. If the deal was for Young, the Rockets and Sixers would not have had to wait until Dec. 15. And if the Rockets were to try to get one of the Sixers players who don't fit in Hinkie's long-term plans, it would be more likely for Spencer Hawes, a range shooter who could play next to Dwight Howard or as his backup with Asik gone.

That would also open the door for a Bass trade to Houston with a pick thrown in as long as Hawes agrees to resign with the C's next season.

[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting Bass and a pick for Hawes? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

Hawes averages 9-pts and 6-rebs per game! What am I missing here? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why settle for Spencer Hawes when we can get a future hall of famer in the next Robert Parish - Larry Sanders!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

The same Larry Sanders who averages 6-pts and 5-rebs per game?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why settle for Spencer Hawes when we can get a future hall of famer in the next Robert Parish - Larry Sanders!

[/QUOTE]

This years numbers are meaningless ... he was benched for tanking purposes and then he got PO'd at his coach and got into a bar fight and broke his thumb ... those numbers are not indicative of what Sanders can do and did do the previous season ... Stop being some Fungus lemming and agreeing with him ad nauseum w/o checking the facts. I already posted his numbers at the start of this thread and I'm sure you saw it. So reciting a moot season's stats to gang up with your agreeable pal is school yard bullying. Grow a pair and do some research before diving over the cliff behind your pal even though that's your preferred location.

[/QUOTE]

Those numbers are his career averages! You always fall back on the school yard analogy! 

My guess is you were bullied as a young un-Mployee - AND - now use this forum in an attempt to reverse past roles! 

It is not our fault that someone beat you up and took your milk money Mployee! Grow-up and learn to accept the fact that 99% of the people that dont agree with you on BDC, have no interest in your MIlK MONEY!!! They simply have a different opinion!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This years numbers are meaningless ... he was benched for tanking purposes and then he got PO'd at his coach and got into a bar fight and broke his thumb ... those numbers are not indicative of what Sanders can do and did do the previous season ... Stop being some Fungus lemming and agreeing with him ad nauseum w/o checking the facts. I already posted his numbers at the start of this thread and I'm sure you saw it. So reciting a moot season's stats to gang up with your agreeable pal is school yard bullying. Grow a pair and do some research before diving over the cliff behind your pal even though that's your preferred location.

[/QUOTE]

Those numbers are his career averages! You always fall back on the school yard analogy! 

My guess is you were bullied as a young un-Mployee - AND - now use this forum in an attempt to reverse past roles! 

It is not our fault that someone beat you up and took your milk money Mployee! Grow-up and learn to accept the fact that 99% of the people that dont agree with you on BDC, have no interest in your MIlK MONEY!!! They simply have a different opinion!

[/QUOTE]

Ok ... you wanna play that way then I'll do a Fungus on you everytime you say something imbecile which is often ...

Remember your childish comparison of Wallace to a Spacejam and the Aliens movie?

Hahaha, how revealing ... A real indication of your mentality and/or age (10?) ... Another one Flushed Out!!!

[/QUOTE]

No worries Mployee - I dont want your milk money! This is a new play ground! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I don't get the Larry Sanders hate outside of the bonehead move he pulled this summer. Last year he was the most effiecient rim protector IN THE LEAGUE per Goldsberry.

See for yourself here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/the-rise-of-larry-sanders-in-milwaukee

Averaged 9 and 9 last year. Would be an upgrade for a team currently operating without a center (Celtics).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but not at 11m per year.

You really want to pay a player 11m per year and only get 9 ppg and 9 rpg?

Larry Sanders is not even a good FT shooter.

[/QUOTE]

He was up to 62% last year (up from 47% the year prior) and is only 25. It's not like he's attrocious. Him and Vitor shoot the same percentage so far, and both I believe will improve.

There are worse contracts. The Celtics will have some cap space after this trading season, and he's a guy I think Stevens will like. Since Brad likes to pressure the shooters on pick-and-roll and have the big guys drop back to protect the paint and cover, having the best interior defender in 2012-2013 might be a solid idea. Could elevate a top-10 defense into a top 5.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

Rockets like Ilyasova as a Stretch 4 and can swap him for Asik straight up but what will the Bucks do with both Asik and Sanders (who happens to have a poison pill extension - $3MM this yr and $11MM the following four yrs for a net cap expense of $9.4MM/yr) after signing Sanders to an extension last year. Sanders is still out with a hand injury which has really PO'd the Bucks since he was suppose to be the face of the franchise and now he's nothing more than a thug to the owner and possibly their more conservative fans in the central part of the country.The Bucks have Pachulia another two years after this season as well as a backup.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/12/9/5192762/nba-trade-rumors-bucks-getting-active-on-trade-market-possibly

The C's can step in (perfect opportunity for Danny to benefit by helping two teams in need) and facilitate a trade to help both teams get what they want and need that can help the C's tremendously.

Asik, Bass, Lee & C's 1st Rd Pick 2015 to Bucks < Bucks get the Center they need and cover their loss of Ilyasova with Bass who is more playoff tested. While they are reluctant to deal Giannis for fear of a backlash from fans, Lee provides another capable SG. The owner is tired of losing and rebuilding and wants to be a playoff team now.

Ilyasova, Bucks 2nd Rd Pick 2014 & Faverini to Rockets < Rockets get the Stretch 4 they want and a backup center

Sanders, Ridnour & Antetokounmpo to Celtics < Celtics get a center for the future that can rebound and protect the rim as well as run with our wings for a net cost of $9.5MM/yr. Ridnour is an expiring contract needed to make the numbers work but if we are unable to keep Craw or a good trade opportunity comes along for Craw then we can resign Ridnour as a stop gap next season. The bonus is getting Giannis a 6'9" swingman still growing with plenty of upside. Danny will have to concede a 1st round draft pick (I've penciled in our 2015 but it could take one of our 2014) but it will be worth it to land both Sanders and Giannis. BTW, this deal also saves the C's $4.4MM off the cap this season. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kn2tzl3

The other possibility is to swap Wallace & Brooks for Bass & Lee but I think the Bucks would prefer to have Bass to replace Ilyasova.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k2a5oqt

Memo: Please note that I've used Olynyk for Fav on the ESPN Trade Machine since Fav isn't  available for trade yet on the trade machine but the numbers are the same.

[/QUOTE]

good one. i would do that as long as we dont trade our own 2014 1st rd pick.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I apologize for the length on this, but this is a good topic. Found it to be more interesting the more I dove into it. If you don't want to read a lot of numbers than skip this. If you're looking for a balanced argument for Asik vs Sanders.

Both players have had ONE good season in their respective careers

Asik (2012-2013): 10.1 points, 11.7 boards, 0.9 assists, 1.1 blocks, 54% FG, 56% FT, 30 MPG

Sanders (same year): 9.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 2.8 blocks, 51% FG, 61% FT, 27 MPG

But Asik played 500 more minutes last year than Sanders. Extrapolate those numbers at 36 min per game and you get:

Asik: 12.2 points, 14.0 boards, 1.1 assists, 1.3 blocks, 54% FG, 56% FT

Sanders: 12.9 points, 12.5 boards, 1.5 assists, 3.7 blocks, 51% FG, 61% FT

Pretty similar numbers. One's a better rebounder, the other is a better shot blocker. But how much better of a shot blocker is Sanders really?

Well last year he set the Bucks franchise record for blocks in a three-game stretch with 22. He beat Kareem's record, but the difference between the two is Kareem started while Sanders did that coming off the bench. As a starter Sanders averaged a double-double per game (10.3 points, 10 boards, 2.8 blocks in 28.5 minutes per). While Asik is second best in the NBA at rebound percentage, Sanders is still in the top-10. With Sanders on the floor the Bucks were the fourth best defensive team in the NBA. Players in the NBA average about 55-60% shooting when inside the circle. When Larry Sanders is playing, players shoot 35%. That is all in the link I provided earlier if you want to double check.

Here's what's not in that link.

Offensively things get a little dicey. At the rim Sanders shot 65% last year, while Asik shot a solid 60%. Now Asik has a higher percentage from 10-15 feet but it's on .1 attempts per game, meaning that Asik likes to play close to the basket on offense (it also suggests that Asik gets points on put backs from offensive rebounds).

From 3-9 feet from the basket:

Asik: 27% on 1.2 attempts/game

Sanders: 26% on 1.2 attempts/game

From 10-15 feet:

Asik: 54% on 0.1 attempts

Sanders: 30% on 0.6 attempts

From 16-23 feet:

Asik: 35% on 0.2 attempts

Sanders: 29% on 1.3 attempts

Asik had 14% of his shots blocked last year. Sanders' shot was blocked on only 5% of the time. This could either be explained by Asik being too close to the rim, which is more susceptible to blocks, or Asik has zero ups (which is partially true). What the data above suggests is even thought Asik's percentages were higher, defenses have to respect Sanders ability to stretch the floor more based on the amount of attempts. Asik RARELY shot further than 9 feet away from the basket. Would think Stevens would prefer a big that stretches the floor considering he has KO, Sully, and Fav all shooting 3's.

Also last year Asik had a 14.84 PER vs Sanders 18.92.

Sanders is due 11 million for the next four years. Asik is only on the books for 14 million next year. That seems to be the big issue here. But Sanders is two years younger than Asik and who knows what Omer will get once he's up for a new contract. To me, Sanders is the more valuable player when you look at everything together. His defense speaks for itself, his rebounding numbers are comparable, and he can stretch the floor.

Have at it folks.

Sections
Shortcuts