Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again:
    i love this move; delonte is young; he's not afraid to take the big shot; his turnovers are few; and he plays tough d.  what a great addition to our bench.  with all the depth at guard, perhaps ray can play a little small forward while delonte plays the 2.  also, i see many are ready to write off wafer.  did you see the clip of him shooting "around the world" the other day?  it was pretty impressive.  even ray allen would be impressed i dare say.  have a look:  http://www.twitvid.com/E2UXL
    Posted by rabbit-angstrom

I wish Rondo could shoot like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

i hope we're classier than to chant "whose your daddy" or even "who's your daddy". that said, i'm not that excited about this signing. i'd rather we addressed our need at the 3, but maybe there's nothing out there to be had. this team can line up very big or very small, but i would still like a legit backup to PP.
    Posted by kaktug

Yeah, because Lebron is all about class. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Danny Ainge couldn't get Lebron James to come to Boston so he settled for the next best thing, sign Lebron's stepfather.

HAHAHA!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

we have made some great acquisitions, Shaq, West, Wafer, and Jermaine Oneal. We are going to destroy Miami and the Fakers!!! It is our championship 2011!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

we have made some great acquisitions, Shaq, West, Wafer, and Jermaine Oneal. We are going to destroy Miami and the Fakers!!! It is our championship 2011!!!
    Posted by bramrok

Too bad the Lakers and their bench, led by Theo Ratliff, will not make it to the Finals in 2011. 

Such is life. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : My money is on Wafer going home if someone does.  
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I wouldn't be so sure.  Two years ago Wafer made a huge impact with Houston, remember they won 22 games in a row?  Wafer was a big part of that.  I don't think Delonte ever had a year like Wafer had two years ago.  That stats may look similar, but Wafer made a much bigger impact.  My money is on Wafer.I hope he beats West out for a spot.  Don't like this signing at all.

First, it didn't even address the need for a backup 3, because you know Daniels will get injured or he just won't be effective like last year.  Second, we didn't need Delonte, so now we have a logjam at one position, while not addressing a need at another position.  Thirdly, Delonte West is not a good enough player to be worth the risk.  He is mediocre at best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Seems like a good riskless acquisition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EvilTemptation. Show EvilTemptation's posts

I think this is a bad deal.....Delonte is a head case. I cant see him fitting in with our seasones veteran team. Delonts is a clown. Bad move Ainge! See link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA00Fngvmg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : I wouldn't be so sure.  Two years ago Wafer made a huge impact with Houston, remember they won 22 games in a row?  Wafer was a big part of that.  I don't think Delonte ever had a year like Wafer had two years ago.  That stats may look similar, but Wafer made a much bigger impact.  My money is on Wafer.I hope he beats West out for a spot.  Don't like this signing at all.  First, it didn't even address the need for a backup 3, because you know Daniels will get injured or he just won't be effective like last year.  Second, we didn't need Delonte, so now we have a logjam at one position, while not addressing a need at another position.  Thirdly, Delonte West is not a good enough player to be worth the risk.  He is mediocre at best.
    Posted by cpjohn1

CP

Wafer has one decent year of NBA productivity.  Where did he play last year?  Delonte has a more convincing resume as an NBA player and more playoff experience.  He played pretty well against the Celtics.  Wafer is a shooter, West is an all-around player who can play the 1-2 effectively. 

I'll grant you that the off court stuff makes me a little nervous with West, but as players, I think Delonte is hands down the better player and does more of what this team needs, including hitting some shots.      

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

as long as it isn't my mom...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : Too bad the Lakers and their bench, led by Theo Ratliff, will not make it to the Finals in 2011.  Such is life. 
    Posted by P34

:P

I think our starters may be playing back breaking minutes this season. Odom, Blake and Barnes can only give so much help for the starters. 

Ratliff? I don't even know why we have him on the roster. 

The Thunder already have me concerned along with Portland. But if we're good enough we'll win. Simple as that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Posted by bramrok

Be careful of Miami. Also be wary of the first round of the playoffs. Atlanta almost beat you guys in '08 which would have been catastrophic for the Celtics.
    Beware the Bulls and Magic, you just can never tell with those guys. 

Your bench is good, I think you may miss Tony Allen though. But as you said there have been some very good signings. You certainly now have help in the rebounding department. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : :P I think our starters may be playing back breaking minutes this season. Odom, Blake and Barnes can only give so much help for the starters.  Ratliff? I don't even know why we have him on the roster.  The Thunder already have me concerned along with Portland. But if we're good enough we'll win. Simple as that. 
    Posted by RUWorthy

There is no question that the Lakers are a great team. The biggest threat to the Lakers this coming season is the law of averages. I can't remember a team winning 3 straight championships without a formidable bench. Sooner or later Kobe, Gasol, or Odom is going to get hurt because of too much wear and tear. That's why I don't think the Lakers will win 3 straight. Such is life. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : There is no question that the Lakers are a great team. The biggest threat to the Lakers this coming season is the law of averages. I can't remember a team winning 3 straight championships without a formidable bench. Sooner or later Kobe, Gasol, or Odom is going to get hurt because of too much wear and tear. That's why I don't think the Lakers will win 3 straight. Such is life. 
    Posted by P34

Dude, now you sound like the lakers troll we have here as a guest... the "such is life" thing is his favorite phrase!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

It's insane move if it happens.
    Hope Ainge's wife not sleeping with Delonte.

This guy is a destructive in many ways. He operates quitely but can damage a big mess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I like the pick up

Boston will be a GR8 rehab for this troubled young man

IF personalities could win games then the Celts would be unbeatable.
    May their talents outshine their personalities!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : There is no question that the Lakers are a great team. The biggest threat to the Lakers this coming season is the law of averages. I can't remember a team winning 3 straight championships without a formidable bench. Sooner or later Kobe, Gasol, or Odom is going to get hurt because of too much wear and tear. That's why I don't think the Lakers will win 3 straight. Such is life. 
    Posted by P34

Thanks for using my line, of course I'm not surprised as wit and logic should be copied. The Lake Show will 3-peat barring injury as we have the most talented roster combined with championship swagger and understanding of how to defend an NBA title. No team since MJ's Bulls can make such a claim unless it's your current back to back World Champion Lakers.

Such is life!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : Dude, now you sound like the lakers troll we have here as a guest... the "such is life" thing is his favorite phrase!
    Posted by celticsfanmx

That's the reason why the Lakers will fail this season, because such is life. 

HAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts