Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man

In Response to Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man:
    [QUOTE]OKC lost even when Westbrook had 30 points, 4 assists, 7 turnovers, and 20 FG attempts. Is there such a thing as a NO PASS PG? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Good point !  He definitely needs to get his teammates more involved.  Not sure what happens to him, but he needs to change for his team to have a chance of winning this series. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Also, he had 14 free throw attempts, only 4 less than dallas had as a team, which included 6 garbage free throws by at the end of the game . He earned some of them, but there were others where he flung himself wildly into defenders and got bailed out. The game was lost for okc when they were unable to get the ball to durant at the end of the game,  because russ just didn't look to pass it. I'd honestly consider moving the kid to shooting guard. He just doesn't look to initiate offense for anyone but himself.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man:
    [QUOTE]Also, he had 14 free throw attempts, only 4 less than dallas had as a team, which included 6 garbage free throws by at the end of the game . He earned some of them, but there were others where he flung himself wildly into defenders and got bailed out. The game was lost for okc when they were unable to get the ball to durant at the end of the game,  because russ just didn't look to pass it. I'd honestly consider moving the kid to shooting guard. He just doesn't look to initiate offense for anyone but himself.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about him not being a good choice for point guard, but who takes his place.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Maynor can run the show pretty effectively. He has good pace to his game and is a decent shooter. I just don't think you can have two guys on the team who wan't to be the closers with one that doesn't pass willingly. Durant is too nice a kid, which hurts him because he would never say anything to a friend like Russell about the lack of ball movement. The comparison has been made to kg and marbury early in their careers,  which from an attitude standpoint isn't quite apparent, but as closers it definitely rings true. If durant and cp3 played together, it would be a dynasty, but I doubt Presti would make a move like that based on one postseason. We'll see how long this lasts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Maynor can run the show pretty effectively. He has good pace to his game and is a decent shooter. I just don't think you can have two guys on the team who wan't to be the closers with one that doesn't pass willingly. Durant is too nice a kid, which hurts him because he would never say anything to a friend like Russell about the lack of ball movement. The comparison has been made to kg and marbury early in their careers,  which from an attitude standpoint isn't quite apparent, but as closers it definitely rings true. If durant and cp3 played together, it would be a dynasty, but I doubt Presti would make a move like that based on one postseason. We'll see how long this lasts.

Agree that Chris Paul would be a much better fit for OKC and if he did replace Westbrook, they would be an even better team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dudder is a hateful racist best put on ignore.

He hates the Celtics and is not a fan.

why engage such a despicable loser with a thread bearing his name when he is not even a fan of this team??

He is a lonely bitter sad man who hates on others and tries to cause fights. Ignore and pity him fierce, don't engage him. He is 100% wrong on Celtic topics and his shameful act is best left alone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Fierce, 

Funny you posted this because I was just thinking tonight about this very topic. OKC clearly has an Alpha Dog problem and Westbrook is not helping his team. I think this may be a Kobe-Shaq situation - but without the rings before they breakup. 

OKC could use Rondo as a matter of fact. I was stunned that Westbrook went one on one in the final minutes instead of getting the ball to Hardin and especially Durant. 

I am loathe to respond to something pertaining to Dudder as he is a troll not a real fan but clearly Westbrook is not (yet) the great point guard Dudder thinks he is. While he shoots better than Rondo, that makes him more dangerous as he tries to shoot it more, taking the rest of his team out of the game with his heroball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Westbrook has to score, which is a code word for incomplete point guard.  Can not get his team mates involved at all.  Its all "me ball" 

How would you like to have a PG get the ball across half court, dribble nearly the whole shot clock, and then force a shot up?  Time and time again, when you have Durant on the court?  Did Russell create anything for anyone?  Maiybe 2 pts.

Now Dud is going to tell you Westbrook had a great game,  but some posters here do not know basketball.  They are going to look at pts and say "Rondo can't do that"  Bla Bla Bla

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

9. More Swishin' Than Dishin'

Westbrook

The Thunder were making a charge in the second half with Russell Westbrook leading the way, scoring 14 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter alone. To do it though, Westbrook had to leave his teammates out in the cold. In the first three quarters of the game, there were 12 possessions where Westbrook brought the ball up past half-court and didn't pass once. In the fourth quarter, Westbrook didn't pass on 10 possessions. On the game, Westbrook scored 24 points on 7 of 16 shooting (43.8 percent) when he didn't pass.

Kevin Durant may have suffered the most from this. Durant had an offensive touch on 47.3 percent of the possessions he was on court for in the first three quarters. In the fourth quarter, Durant had an offensive touch on just nine possessions, 33.3 percent of the ones he was on the floor.

22 possesions by Westbrook he didn't pass the ball to anyone.  Code word for "whats a point guard"     Some posters will never learn about basketball.  Sorry dud

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its a cryin' shame Rondo didn't take young Westbrook aside during their successful run w/TEAM USA (2010 FIBA Champions... no less!) and personally mentor him on how to be the complete PG.

Maybe Westbro should attend Camp Rondo later this summer to learn leadership skills.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I thought Westbrook tried to take over in the 4th qtr last night and really looked bad doing it. Some shots were real bricks and the TO's...

I think its up to the coach and KD to say something during the game. I think back to what Barkley said a week ago referring to when he was playing...

something like  ..  'Id tell him if a shot goes up before I touch the ball, Im gonna beat the h3ll out of you'

Hey, if Westbrook hit those shots, he'd be a hero (in Kobe fashion), but he didnt and deserves the criticism.. He forced alot of them too.

If the coach is ok with it, then you cant blame the kid... Will be interesting to see how Brooks deals with it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Westbrook looks around..."Hmm. KD showing his weak self, not fighting through physical defense.  My other options...Serge, Thabo...Naw...Perk?....You've got to be kidding....Nick...hmm, maybe....Hey Harden, move, will ya!" As Mark Jackson said last evening, most times it's he and Durant for offense.  Also it's come to light that the game 2 implosion was the result of players not running the designed play properly.  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213806/Botched_Play_Led_To_Westbrooks_Fourth_Quarter_Benching
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should create something for someone.  Are you actually putting stock in something Jackson say?  Ughhh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Its a cryin' shame Rondo didn't take young Westbrook aside during their successful run w/TEAM USA (2010 FIBA Champions... no less!) and personally mentor him on how to be the complete PG. Maybe Westbro should attend Camp Rondo later this summer to learn leadership skills. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I must have missed something,  did someone say Rondo was a "complete" point guard?   I was just pointing out they are two different type pt guards.  One is a me shoot first hold the ball pg, the other is not a great shooter (neither is Westbrook BTW) and the other doesn't create anything on a consistant basis.  Kind of like KOME,   shoots so much when he does pass it surprises everyone and he get a assist.   This is not so much a knock on Westbrook as I would consider trading Rondo for him, for the fact that it probably would be a good trade for both teams.  Westbrook would open things up (if he passed the ball) for the Big Three,  Rondo would get everyone involved.  Collison's points would go up 4 a game,  Perks would go up 4 a game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : I am taking stock in what he said.  I value the opinion of someone who actually played at that level (which I did not).

Barkley too?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I don't understand the hate on Westbrook. He is still raw as a PG (everyone admits that even his supporters) but kept the thunder alive in this ballgame with Durant beeing terrible. Also a lot of outta control shots in the 4th where from other guys not Westbrook.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The Mavericks were ready to give that game away last,but were saved by a horrible 3 by Westbrook with like 18 seconds on the shot clock. He wasn't even on balance ,when he shot it. He then drives it the next time and loses the ball off his leg.

Dallas would have blew that game,if he had played team basketball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : I must have missed something,  did someone say Rondo was a "complete" point guard?   I was just pointing out they are two different type pt guards.  One is a me shoot first hold the ball pg, the other is not a great shooter (neither is Westbrook BTW) and the other doesn't create anything on a consistant basis.  Kind of like KOME,   shoots so much when he does pass it surprises everyone and he get a assist.   This is not so much a knock on Westbrook as I would consider trading Rondo for him, for the fact that it probably would be a good trade for both teams.  Westbrook would open things up (if he passed the ball) for the Big Three,  Rondo would get everyone involved.  Collison's points would go up 4 a game,  Perks would go up 4 a game.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

There are only two different types of point guards in Boston - one is one who cannot shoot, avoids shooting, cannot take over a game, cannot get to the line, cannot make free throws, cannot shoot 3s.... and the other is a complete point guard.

Rondo is the former - the term pass first point guard only exists in Boston, around the rest of the league it is referred to as a point guard.

With Westbrook the Cs are still playing, with Rondo OKC is working on Tornado Management and of course rollerskating.

How this is even debatable points to a level of ignorance which I simply cannot even comprehend.

Coach K sent Rondo how after saying "we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot", Westbrook led the USA team to a gold medal.  After losing to the Lakers in game 7 last year Doc said "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs".... game after game we have to hear national announcers laughing about how nobody guards Rondo but somehow, Westbrook, who nobody can guard is a problem. 

This mindset absolutely defies logic - maybe in 3 years when Westbrook is Rondo's age and Westbrook is adding rings to his trophy case and Rondo is hoping somehow someway that Danny will get a KG or a PP or a Ray in the lottery we will actually see what happens.  The difference is, I can already see it, the rest of you are wearing green glasses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : You mean Barkley, also?

excuse me, yes "also"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Dudder, have you ever seen Rondo play, or are you just working off of the period after the trade? He still had explosive games against san antonio where he did something called making shots. You only look at Rondo's bad days and Westbrook's good days. At this point your basing all of your opinion on looking at statistics and not watching how the game is played. You sir are a jabronie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, have you ever seen Rondo play, or are you just working off of the period after the trade? He still had explosive games against san antonio where he did something called making shots. You only look at Rondo's bad days and Westbrook's good days. At this point your basing all of your opinion on looking at statistics and not watching how the game is played. You sir are a jabronie.

No I look at Rondo being the guy that most teams don't even guard during the playoffs and I look at Westbrook as the guy that takes over games that nobody can guard.

I look at Rondo as the guy that avoids shooting (on the 20th scoring offense in the league), avoids going to the line, avoids taking and making 3s.

Rondo's bad days include games where nobody is within 15 feet of him, I look at Westbrooks good days as someone that nobody can guard.

I very distinctly remember the game in Boston 2 years ago when Westbrook was a rookie and it went something like this and take it from none other than Tommy the Buffoon Heinsohn - on about 5 straight possessions to start the game Westbrook took Rondo off the bounce went into the lane, pulled up and make little jumpers......  eventually Rondo got into the lane and missed a similar jumper and Tommy (separated at birth Fred Flintstone and Tommy H) said "if Rondo could ever start making that shot he will be in the hall of fame in his 7th year..... ok Tommy, So Rondo cannot make that shot but is a hall of fame candidate if he can eventually start making it but the guy that he is supposed to be trying to guard make the same shot about 5 straight possessions......  Westbrook was a rookie, Rondo is going into year 6 and is barely any better than he was 3 years ago.  Westbrook is 3 years younger and is leaps and bounds better than Rondo but nobody can accept it.  If Rondo was in Milwaukee and averaging 14 points, 30% from the floor, 60% from the line, and ZERO % from 3, and averaging 8 assists because he has nobody to pass the ball to he would be considered a laughingstock (just ask Mike D'Antoni what he thinks of Rondo) and if Westbrook were wearing a green uniform, the Cs would still be playing.

We have an iron or a clothessteamer or whatever is behind door number 3..... take your pick and thank you for playing.

p.s. Westbrook is not my man, he was an all-star (and he was not the all-star that missed an uncontested layup as Rondo did) and of the 5 point guard all-stars, Rondo was by far the worst......... please just put the bias aside and wake up.  Coach K said we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot.  Doc said after the 2009 playoffs Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us.  National broadcasters "he if Rondo could start making that wide open shot blah blah blah"... "there is a reason he is that wide open".....

Sections
Shortcuts