Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man

I agree with you Dudder.  Rondo is nowhere near as good as CP3, DWill, Derrick Rose, Westbrook, John Wall, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Does anyone else see the similarities between the Westbrook and Durrant relationship and the Marbury and KG relationship in Minnesota.

Something tells me the bright lights of LA keeps blinding Westbrook like the NY lights did for Marbury.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

Two things dudder

1) DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF TOMMY HEINSOHN IN VANE.  He is Celtic royalty and is untouchable, and does exactly what every home announcer should do and support his team.  Take a back handed stab at him again and PP34 and I will come get you.

2) Please stop rambling about how Rondo was the 5th best PG in the all-star game.  You've used this point before and you just keep saying the same BS over and over and over and over again and now I'm bored.

Coach K, Team USA, and the All-Star game are not NBA related topics. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

So, according to dudder, the only criteria a point guard should be judged upon are three pointers, free throws and field goal attempts? Handling, knowing plays, running plays, playing defense, rebounding, and setting up teammates apparently don't matter. Rondo does all of these things much more proficiently than westbrook. I'll take a flawed point guard that's gritty and is intelligent over a meat-headed shot chucker that doesn't know how to pass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

And anyone who cites mike d'antoni in their argument loses all basketball credibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man:
    So, according to dudder, the only criteria a point guard should be judged upon are three pointers, free throws and field goal attempts? Handling, knowing plays, running plays, playing defense, rebounding, and setting up teammates apparently don't matter. Rondo does all of these things much more proficiently than westbrook. I'll take a flawed point guard that's gritty and is intelligent over a meat-headed shot chucker that doesn't know how to pass.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

Take him, please, and go with him when he is traded away.

"The Traveling Soap Opera... Formerly Knows as Rondo" needs another venue.

Give Beantown a break.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Pud = Dud. Same dude. Your arguments are weak. Rondo isn't going anywhere. Go hop on the heat bandwagon, or wherever it is trolls go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

No those are not the only criteria but they are some key ones that Rondo does not even understand are on his job description - the other things you mention are things that all the best point guards in the league do as well.

For example, rebounding is a point guard's responsibility as well - guess what?  Rondo did not lead the league in rebounding for a point guard.

Another example, assists are also the responsibility for a point guard - guess what?  Rondo did not lead the league in assists.

On this board Rondo is so head and shoulders above everyone else in certain categories that his inability to shoot, cause double teams on his own team's begst players, cause teams to sag into the paint, his inability to get to the rim and make shots, make 3s, and make free throws are irrelevant.

However, when you look at the facts Rondo is not even the best at what some would like you to believe.

Posters would have you believe that Rondo averages around 25 assists per game while there are a bunch of guys around 10.

Posters would have you believe that Rondo averages around 17 boards per game while there are a bunch of guys around 4.

Posters would have you believe that Rondo averages 11 steals per game while there are a bunch of guys around 2.

The facts that Rondo is in the mix in those 3 categories but not even close to being in the mix in the other categories in terms of all things shooting.

So if he near the top in a few categories (not the undeniable nobody even close clear leader) but the absolute worst in the league in what I would call key areas then ummmm.... he is way overrated.

I could understand if he only averaged 10 ppg. if he was dishing out 18 assists but he does not even lead the league in assists, etc.

In the consecutive years where Stockton averaged 15 assists, he also scored 17 ppg. on over 50% from the field, shot 3s at over 40%, and shot over 80% from the line.  That is a point guard and that sounds like what you would expect from Nash, Kidd, Paul, Westbrook, Rose, and a whole bunch of others but certainly not Rondo.  Of course Stockton had lots of help in terms of assists, like Rondo does but Rondo is completely absent on thee other categories.

And please do not reply that Rondo is a 50% shooter, if he took the shots that most even average point guards take he would shoot at abbout 25%.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : No those are not the only criteria but they are some key ones that Rondo does not even understand are on his job description - the other things you mention are things that all the best point guards in the league do as well. For example, rebounding is a point guard's responsibility as well - guess what?  Rondo did not lead the league in rebounding for a point guard. Another example, assists are also the responsibility for a point guard - guess what?  Rondo did not lead the league in assists. On this board Rondo is so head and shoulders above everyone else in certain categories that his inability to shoot, cause double teams on his own team's begst players, cause teams to sag into the paint, his inability to get to the rim and make shots, make 3s, and make free throws are irrelevant. However, when you look at the facts Rondo is not even the best at what some would like you to believe. Posters would have you believe that Rondo averages around 25 assists per game while there are a bunch of guys around 10. Posters would have you believe that Rondo averages around 17 boards per game while there are a bunch of guys around 4. Posters would have you believe that Rondo averages 11 steals per game while there are a bunch of guys around 2. The facts that Rondo is in the mix in those 3 categories but not even close to being in the mix in the other categories in terms of all things shooting. So if he near the top in a few categories (not the undeniable nobody even close clear leader) but the absolute worst in the league in what I would call key areas then ummmm.... he is way overrated. I could understand if he only averaged 10 ppg. if he was dishing out 18 assists but he does not even lead the league in assists, etc. In the consecutive years where Stockton averaged 15 assists, he also scored 17 ppg. on over 50% from the field, shot 3s at over 40%, and shot over 80% from the line.  That is a point guard and that sounds like what you would expect from Nash, Kidd, Paul, Westbrook, Rose, and a whole bunch of others but certainly not Rondo.  Of course Stockton had lots of help in terms of assists, like Rondo does but Rondo is completely absent on thee other categories. And please do not reply that Rondo is a 50% shooter, if he took the shots that most even average point guards take he would shoot at abbout 25%.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You're being rediculous!  Ok so Rondo didn't lead the league in assists (he was 2nd) after leading in this stat for 95% of the season  (by 2-3 assists per game over the 2nd best in this category) before relinquishing the lead during the final month of the regular season.

Rondo doesn't lead in rebounding either, but grabs an equal number when compared to the other top PG's.  In fact Amongst the top PG's rebounding is a wash as most average about 4-4.5 rpg.

I wouldn't go singing the praises of Westbrook as a PG seeing how there's a 75% chance that this guy switches over to SG a la D-Wade since his playing style/tendencies suggest that he wants to be the one shooting the ball rather than distibuting.  Also at 6'6", SG seems to be more of a natural fit for him anyways. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : You're being rediculous!  Ok so Rondo didn't lead the league in assists (he was 2nd) after leading in this stat for 95% of the season  (by 2-3 assists per game over the 2nd best in this category) before relinquishing the lead during the final month of the regular season. Rondo doesn't lead in rebounding either, but grabs an equal number when compared to the other top PG's.  In fact Amongst the top PG's rebounding is a wash as most average about 4-4.5 rpg. I wouldn't go singing the praises of Westbrook as a PG seeing how there's a 75% chance that this guy switches over to SG a la D-Wade since his playing style/tendencies suggest that he wants to be the one shooting the ball rather than distibuting.  Also at 6'6", SG seems to be more of a natural fit for him anyways. 
    Posted by angel3781

So Rondo being at or near the top of some categories and being the ABSOLUTE WORST in several others makes him good or as some on this board would have you believe the best in the league?  That is simply as sinine.

I am not singing the praises of Westbrook and I think it is kind of funny that he has been name as Dudder's Man in the thread title.  Westbrook was in the all-star game in a conference that has the two best point guards in the league - so I can hardly see why he is my man.... I had nothing to do with him going to the all-star game.

Westbrook is 6 feet 3 inches tall..... but of course like many things in life if someone says something and you repeat it and then they told two friends and they told two friends then all of a sudden IT BECOMES TRUE.... Westbrook is 6 feet 3 inches tall.  Magic was 6 feet 9 inches tall, when did he switch to powerforward?  Stop the nonsense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

You just use logical fallacies and point to these magical posters who would have me believing this or that. I know the numbers, I wouldn't post if I didn't. I don't base my opinion of these two pointguards, or any players for that matter, on what random yahoos on this board tell me. I watch games. More than being a fan of boston, I'm a basketball guy first and foremost.

"And please do not reply that Rondo is a 50% shooter, if he took the shots that most even average point guards take he would shoot at abbout 25%." -dud

That argument lacks everything. How do you know that someone would hypothetically average much worse, when you don't know that for a fact. You have nothing to base that on other than your opinion. That's a conjecture based on consistently watching someone that you want to fail, all to just prove a point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

You just use logical fallacies and point to these magical posters who would have me believing this or that. I know the numbers, I wouldn't post if I didn't. I don't base my opinion of these two pointguards, or any players for that matter, on what random yahoos on this board tell me. I watch games. More than being a fan of boston, I'm a basketball guy first and foremost. "And please do not reply that Rondo is a 50% shooter, if he took the shots that most even average point guards take he would shoot at abbout 25%." -dud That argument lacks everything. How do you know that someone would hypothetically average much worse, when you don't know that for a fact. You have nothing to base that on other than your opinion. That's a conjecture based on consistently watching someone that you want to fail, all to just prove a point.

Well let's see - how can someone make that hypothetical leap?  Well let's see Rondo is a terrible shooter now and most shots he takes (and when I say shots - I mean jump shots) most of them are uncontested and they often time don't even catch iron.  Now just imagine that someone was guarding him?  That argument makes no sense? 

The same way one could easily say that if one were to give the shots that Rondo is gifted everynight that say for example Gilbert Arenas would shoot 80%.

Conjecture?  Yes but what else do we have.

What I don't see is Rondo making a very high percentage of wide open uncontested jumpers - what I do see is clang after clang after clang.

If it is conjecture and hypothetical hhmmmm... why don't people guard him?  why do the announcers say "if Rondo could ever start to make that shot blah blah blah", why do announcers say "they don't bother guarding Rondo because he can't consistently make that shot"..... are these things that people just make up to make people on BDC upset.... NO they are facts.  That is why I dismiss Rondo's 50% shooting percentage, what it implies is that he should be shooting a much higher percentage because many of his shots are layups.... why is his shooting percentage only 50%? because he gets lots of shots blocked, he flips the ball off the glass and periodically it goes in and then some idiot like Tommy Heinsohn talks about how much touch Rondo has, etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : So Rondo being at or near the top of some categories and being the ABSOLUTE WORST in several others makes him good or as some on this board would have you believe the best in the league?  That is simply as sinine. I am not singing the praises of Westbrook and I think it is kind of funny that he has been name as Dudder's Man in the thread title.  Westbrook was in the all-star game in a conference that has the two best point guards in the league - so I can hardly see why he is my man.... I had nothing to do with him going to the all-star game. Westbrook is 6 feet 3 inches tall..... but of course like many things in life if someone says something and you repeat it and then they told two friends and they told two friends then all of a sudden IT BECOMES TRUE.... Westbrook is 6 feet 3 inches tall.  Magic was 6 feet 9 inches tall, when did he switch to powerforward?  Stop the nonsense.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

The title "Dudder's Man" is an attempt to diminish Westbrook by linking him with a thoroughly vilified and demonized  but often provocative  poster.... named Dudder.

I get the same treatment.

Save your breath, dudder.

The nonsense will continue as long as Rondo wears green.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with you.  Westbrook would be a much better point guard if he involved his teammates when it is necessary.  He definitely has that me first, "Kobe" attitude many times during crucial points during the game.  Not sure if he will change, but he definitely needs to for his team to have a chance of advancing to the finals this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : So Rondo being at or near the top of some categories and being the ABSOLUTE WORST in several others makes him good or as some on this board would have you believe the best in the league?  That is simply as sinine. I am not singing the praises of Westbrook and I think it is kind of funny that he has been name as Dudder's Man in the thread title.  Westbrook was in the all-star game in a conference that has the two best point guards in the league - so I can hardly see why he is my man.... I had nothing to do with him going to the all-star game. Westbrook is 6 feet 3 inches tall..... but of course like many things in life if someone says something and you repeat it and then they told two friends and they told two friends then all of a sudden IT BECOMES TRUE.... Westbrook is 6 feet 3 inches tall.  Magic was 6 feet 9 inches tall, when did he switch to powerforward?  Stop the nonsense.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I never said that Rondo is the best PG, in fact I have him tanked #6.  As far as how I'd rank the top 10 PG's, here's how I see it:

1.) Chris Paul 2.)Deron Williams 3.) Steve Nash(will be a free agent after the season, and thus could potentially find himself in a platoon-type situation which could drop him down my list) 4.) Derrick Rose 5.) John Wall 6.) Rajon Rondo 7.) Russell Westbrook (I have a feeling that he could/will ultimately move to SG, but for now he's slotted here). 8.) Jason Kidd 9.) Chauncey Billups 10.) Tony Parker.

Keep in mind that these rankings are pretty fluid from year to year.  For example, if I was doing these rankings last year Rondo would've ranked #4 as Wall was still in college, and Rose was still barely averaging 6 apg.

As far as Rondo himself is concerned, he doesn't need a jump shot because in my opinion, I'd rather see him continue to aggressively take it to the hole with the mindset of drawing fouls.  Therefore, where Rondo really needs to improve is with his free throw shooting.  The C's suffered from scoring droughts at several points during the season/playoffs yet the "Big 3" all averaged over 82% at the free throw line.  Imagine if Rondo was attacking more ang putting opposing teams in early foul trouble?  This team could've been racking up easy points at the line instead of struggling to find open shots.  There's no rule that says every player needs to shoot/score in a certain fashion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Imagine if Rondo was attacking more ang putting opposing teams in early foul trouble?  This team could've been racking up easy points at the line instead of struggling to find open shots.  There's no rule that says every player needs to shoot/score in a certain fashion.
    Posted by angel3781

Unfortunately after game 7 last year, opponent defenders give Rondo so much space and clog the paint that there is no room for Rondo to drive. And without Shaq (who was the reason for Rondos assist numbers in the early season) there is no one in the paint to pass the ball for easy buckets.

Westbrook is not a perfect PG yet (he was a 2 in college) but even beeing in his 2nd year he improved a lot already. And he is doing what his team needs -- /> scoring. He sometimes is too selfish but he singelhandly kept the thunder in game 3, with Durant shooting worse than Rondo. With Seafalosha as well as Perk (who is beyond terrible in this series) not being scorers, the thunder need Westbrook beeing aggresive. And after seeing the Cs fails to score in 4th quarters game after game, I would say that we need some offense as well. But it might help a little already if Rondo woud be guarded in the half court to open up driving lanes for Pierce.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : Agree with you.  Westbrook would be a much better point guard if he involved his teammates when it is necessary.  He definitely has that me first, "Kobe" attitude many times during crucial points during the game.  Not sure if he will change, but he definitely needs to for his team to have a chance of advancing to the finals this year. 
    Posted by susan250

The other way around is what would make Rondo a much better point guard but of course he is incapable of it so why bother talking about it.  If Rondo did not score only 10 points per game, avoid going to the line, force someone to play defense against him, make a 3 once in a while, etc. then Rondo may be as valuable as Westbrook but of course since Westbrook's team is still playing, largely as a result of him, and Rondo is roller skating while his teammates are spending time with their families and working on their golf games, then the fans can only suggest / believe that Rondo is better.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that if Westbrook was the Cs point guard, they would still be playing and if Rondo played in OKC and only Durant to pass the ball to OKC would be at home as well.

If Westbrook played for the Cs and Wade took Ray out of the game, and Bosh took KG out the game, and LeBron took Pierce out of the game they would all be doing their post game press conferences and praising Westbrook's ability to take over the game and get to the line and make free throws at almost 90% and take the pressure off the offense and create matchup problems for the Heat.  But instead Rondo was supposed to be the huge advantage the Cs had but very quickly proved that he was just as much of a liability as I have been saying all along...... the difference....... none of you can accept it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The facts just don't backup up dudder's positions. Sorry but they don't.

Rondo is second in the league in assists, on a team that plays a much slower pace than the league leader, Nash (who is in the 7 seconds or less offense) So if you look at assists per possession then Rondo is clearly ahead of Nash, he is a solid rebounder, He is a 2 time NBA all defensive team member and finished 5th in defensive player of the year voting.  He also shot 48% from the field.

Rondo is not as good as Westbrook (who is getting shutdown) or Rose (who is also getting shutdown) or 2-3 other guys. He is a top five point guard. 

Ray Allen btw, is a top five shooting guard and I don't see the Dudder screaming for a trade there (although he might be dumb enough to yell about it.) 

His posts are just illogical and fact free and are contrary to what people who actually understand basketball say. people like Larry, Bird, or Magic Johnson, or Bob Cousey all who think Rondo is a heck of a player. 

Of course the Dudder thinks he knows more than these guys, he thinks statistics don't mean anything because they only mathematically tell you the story ugghhh. my guess the guy failed a math class at some point in his life and decided that statistics were therefore useless.. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : The other way around is what would make Rondo a much better point guard but of course he is incapable of it so why bother talking about it.  If Rondo did not score only 10 points per game, avoid going to the line, force someone to play defense against him, make a 3 once in a while, etc. then Rondo may be as valuable as Westbrook but of course since Westbrook's team is still playing, largely as a result of him, and Rondo is roller skating while his teammates are spending time with their families and working on their golf games, then the fans can only suggest / believe that Rondo is better. There is ZERO doubt in my mind that if Westbrook was the Cs point guard, they would still be playing and if Rondo played in OKC and only Durant to pass the ball to OKC would be at home as well. If Westbrook played for the Cs and Wade took Ray out of the game, and Bosh took KG out the game, and LeBron took Pierce out of the game they would all be doing their post game press conferences and praising Westbrook's ability to take over the game and get to the line and make free throws at almost 90% and take the pressure off the offense and create matchup problems for the Heat.  But instead Rondo was supposed to be the huge advantage the Cs had but very quickly proved that he was just as much of a liability as I have been saying all along...... the difference....... none of you can accept it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

This is proof you don't understand basketball. The Bulls are supposed to have a huge matchup with Bibby guarding Ros and it isn't working out. Why? Their is this concept in basketball known as help defense. The heat play it as well as anyone. They did when Rondo beat Bibby off the dribbel and they are doing it when Rose beats Bibby off the dribble. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Dudder's man will be in action again tonight!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Westbrook is going to have to play better for his team to win tonight.  I would like to see OKC win tonight, but I still don't think they will win this series. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hucksawyer. Show hucksawyer's posts

demoted

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Magic said after their loss last night that Westbrook needs to be a better decision maker.  He is still very young and should improve in this area in the future.  I still believe he would be a better shooting guard. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Westbrook: Dudder's Man : The Bulls are supposed to have a huge matchup with Bibby guarding Ros and it isn't working out. Why? Their is this concept in basketball known as help defense. The heat play it as well as anyone. Posted by jtkl

Mmh, actually what I have seen the heat let their best perimeter defender (probably the best in the league) in James defend rose. And when he needs a breather they throw in Wade or chalmers.

And still, Westbrook is not a top NBA PG yet but this loss was on Durant not on him. Durant faded in the end. Westbrook has to be aggresive in this thunder team cause the have 2 guys in the starting 5 that can't score. Westbrook and Harden kept the thunder alive for most of the game, again.

Similiar to Westbrook Rondo isn't a top PG in the league. A top PG would be taken serious from the opponents defense. We could live with his flaws before
    the Lakers exposed him. The Big 3 getting older and Shaq going down didn't help either. Rondos defender causing double teams in 4th quarters for Allen, Pierce and KG killed us Big Time this year. But actually it is not even his pure shooting ability, it is his fear to make a play what kills us. One could see that he was afraid to go to the basket or take a shot against Miami cause he was afraid to be embarrased.

By the way: Magic Johnson was a great player but he flip flops his opinions more than anyone.

Sections
Shortcuts