Ryan Hollins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ryan Hollins

I think Ainge should go after Ryan Hollins and Turiaf. That should give us enough size to go into the playoffs. Hollins is a 7 footer waived by the Cavs.

It's probably time to say goodbye to Quis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Ryan Hollins

Hollins had 15 points and 7 rebounds just this past Saturday.  He's not injured and is 7 feet tall and athletic.  Sounds like a no-brainer to me.  Waive/buyout JON and sign him.

Same for the hard-working Wilcox, waive/buyout him and sign Turiaf.

We have no business reason NOT to buy out both Wilcox and JON.

After that, I'd honestly waive/buyout Quis and sign JJ Hickson if he'll come to Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

It's probably time to say goodbye to Quis.

If the Celtics only add two players, I'm not sure why Daniels needs to be waived. With or without a buy-out, the Celtics can waive both O'Neal and Wilcox, who won't be returning this season. That opens up two spots. Not that I'm a fan of Daniels, I just see no reason to needlessly reduce depth at any position. Imagine if Pierce, Allen, or Pietrus go down with an injury in the playoffs. The Celtics would need more than just Sasha Pavlovic and E'twaun Moore. Daniels is playoff-eligible because he's been on the roster the whole season. Any pickups after Thursday won't be able to play in the post-season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Hollins:
    It's probably time to say goodbye to Quis. If the Celtics only add two players, I'm not sure why Daniels needs to be waived. With or without a buy-out, the Celtics can waive both O'Neal and Wilcox, who won't be returning this season. That opens up two spots. Not that I'm a fan of Daniels, I just see no reason to needlessly reduce depth at any position. Imagine if Pierce, Allen, or Pietrus go down with an injury in the playoffs. The Celtics would need more than just Sasha Pavlovic and E'twaun Moore. Daniels is playoff-eligible because he's been on the roster the whole season. Any pickups after Thursday won't be able to play in the post-season.
    Posted by davidap

Right. Dropping two guys who literally can't play (I'd add Dooling to that description, and he's not hurt) doesn't mean that another player has to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I disagree.  I think Quis also should be bought out too.  We have five wing players for two positions (Sasha, Pierce, Ray, Pietrus, Quis) and you can add AB to that mix in a SG position.  I just don't think we need both Quis and Sasha if it means having another banger.

I believe if we had Turiaf, Rollins and Hickson, all of them would be utilized for the remainder of the season so much more than either Quis or Sasha (my bet would be Quis).

I don't think Quis will be getting much time for the rest of the seaon and playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

sounds good, may be our best shot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I take two of the three. Hickson wants to play big minutes and get a new contract.

If he wants to play however I would grab him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Hollins had 15 points and 7 rebounds just this past Saturday.  He's not injured and is 7 feet tall and athletic.  Sounds like a no-brainer to me.  Waive/buyout JON and sign him. Same for the hard-working Wilcox, waive/buyout him and sign Turiaf. We have no business reason NOT to buy out both Wilcox and JON. After that, I'd honestly waive/buyout Quis and sign JJ Hickson if he'll come to Boston.
    Posted by Petey62

I'm not thrilled about either. Our problem is rebounding and he and Turiuf are two of the worst rebounders in the league. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

jtkl, unfortunately they are just about the best available, active big men on the market right now.  A problem we have that is more important than rebounding is BIG BODIES (lack thereof).  We need capable bigs on the court to contribute in any way possible.

If we can bring in these guys and get them comfortable to where they can provide valuable minutes in our system, that provides some much-needed relief for KG, Stiemsma and Bass.  Stiemsma seemed to hurt himself last night (arm or hand) and on several trips down court, he was favoring that hand/arm.

When Bass hard-fouled Pachulia last night, he actually hurt himself by the contact.  You could see it after the play.  Bass and KG both have given their hearts out there and they are putting it all on the line.  These guys need some backup and they need it now.

The beating they are taking and the pounding their bodies are taking cannot go on for too much longer.  How ever many bigs we can bring in will help this team because we need them.

We need 3 solid veteran players like Hickson, Hollins and Turiaf.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Hollins has a similar skill set to Javale McGee just not nearly the athlete but he is a guy who simply tries to block everything. I would like Turiaf as much as anyone but I think he may end up in Miami. What's the latest on powe? Powe and Hollins wouldn't be too had with steamer in the mix

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Ryan Hollins:
    I think Ainge should go after Ryan Hollins and Turiaf. That should give us enough size to go into the playoffs. Hollins is a 7 footer waived by the Cavs. It's probably time to say goodbye to Quis.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Very talented Player since his days at college..Never given a true chance to prove himself as a pro. I really think he can be surprising specially if he signs with Boston. Very long and with a great vertical jump like Jajuan Johnson..Only needs a coach ready to give him a serious chance. Danny sign him and Nocioni too!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Don't know much about Hollins, but from what I have seen of him he is a good athlete with decent hands. If he came to the C's and bought in to the system, he could be much better than perk

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not sure who some expect to get in our situation. We'd be lucky to get Hollins and Turiaf...or even one of them at this point.

There is no need to keep Quis around. He's not really in the rotation and Doc is going to shorten it the closer it gets to playoff time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BiasLewis, I totally agree.  We would be fortunate to get either of them and extremely lucky to get both Hollins and Turiaf.

Honestly, I think Quis, Wilcox and JON need to be waived/bought out today to at least let Quis qualify if another team wants him.

As for who we bring in, I think DA needs to make a strong push for Diaw, Hickson, Hollins or Turiaf.  It would be a coup to get 3 of them and we'd be lucky to get two (preferably Hollins and Turiaf).

Right now, all four could come in and contribute.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Celtics might attract Diaw because of Pietrus and the French connection.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

jtkl, unfortunately they are just about the best available, active big men on the market right now.  A problem we have that is more important than rebounding is BIG BODIES (lack thereof).  We need capable bigs on the court to contribute in any way possible. If we can bring in these guys and get them comfortable to where they can provide valuable minutes in our system, that provides some much-needed relief for KG, Stiemsma and Bass.  Stiemsma seemed to hurt himself last night (arm or hand) and on several trips down court, he was favoring that hand/arm. When Bass hard-fouled Pachulia last night, he actually hurt himself by the contact.  You could see it after the play.  Bass and KG both have given their hearts out there and they are putting it all on the line.  These guys need some backup and they need it now. The beating they are taking and the pounding their bodies are taking cannot go on for too much longer.  How ever many bigs we can bring in will help this team because we need them. We need 3 solid veteran players like Hickson, Hollins and Turiaf.
    Posted by Petey62

Our biggest need is rebounding we are worst in the league. Without it teams like Chicago will eat us alive come playoff time. When you say we need skilled bigs I Agree but skilled bigs don't make Gregg Stiemsa look like and all star. 

we are pulling form the scrap heap but so far these guys are last on the bench guys and I personally would rather take a shot on a d leaguer than get a player whose Plus minus and  player efficiency ratings are so bad that getting a D- league plaer isn't going to be any worse and might be slighlty better if we are lucky. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The Celtics might attract Diaw because of Pietrus and the French connection.
    Posted by davidap

I feel like dudder I am being so negative, but the guy is FAT. I mean seriously he is FAT. Not much out there so maybe he is worth the chance but I'm feeling more pessimistic by the day. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Diaw's averaging decent numbers despite his weight. Fat Diaw is still better than Daniels. The Celtics have to deal with present realities and pick among available candidates for upgrades.

The Diaw story exemplifies a point I made in another thread yesterday about the importance of qualifying for post-season play. Talented players who get stuck on bad teams lose their edge. They struggle to find motivation. They get out of shape and stop trying hard. The Boris Diaw of the good Phoenix Suns teams of a few years ago was a James Posey circa 2008 style energizer who could do a little bit of everything to help a team win. He was a solid championship-caliber sixth man. Then he wound up in Charlotte and look what happened. He got fat and lazy. Insert him back into a playoff atmosphere, and he could easily revert to his former self. He's not old.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Hollins is Lionel's son, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Hollins : Our biggest need is rebounding we are worst in the league. Without it teams like Chicago will eat us alive come playoff time. When you say we need skilled bigs I Agree but skilled bigs don't make Gregg Stiemsa look like and all star.  we are pulling form the scrap heap but so far these guys are last on the bench guys and I personally would rather take a shot on a d leaguer than get a player whose Plus minus and  player efficiency ratings are so bad that getting a D- league plaer isn't going to be any worse and might be slighlty better if we are lucky. 
    Posted by jtkl

jtkl, Stiemsma is 2 hours removed from being a D-League player.  Just because he's been forced into duty right now doesn't all of a sudden remove that label from him.

You don't get veteran presence from a D-leaguer.  Hollins and Diaw are experience veterans who are much better than any D-leaguer that can be brought up.  Besides, we have enough D-league level players on our team now in Stiemsma.

We have two centers sitting out for the duration.  They won't be playing.  If Hollins and Diaw are all we can bring in, that beats having Wilcox and JON in sick bay.

Honestly, I really question DA right about now as to why exactly he hasn't waived JON and Wilcox.  We have 15 players and therefore cannot sign anyone.  Seems to me we'd get the first part out of the way.

It would not surprise me in the least if the Celtics did not pick up any players.  It seems that every time we expect DA to do one thing, he does the opposite (or nothing).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

It would not surprise me in the least if the Celtics did not pick up any players.  It seems that every time we expect DA to do one thing, he does the opposite (or nothing).

Posted by Petey62

wouldnt be surprised either!! I think DA wants C's lottery bound!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Ryan Hollins would not make a difference for the Celtics. He'd just keep the end of the bench warm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Flobus, I'm sorry but you are greatly mistaken.  Since the Celtics need bodies Hollins will get minutes and plenty of them.

Under normal circumstance with a full roster and Wilcox and JON healthy, you are right.  But that isn't the case.  The end of the bench is the last place we'll see Hollins.

If he comes in and provides 5 rebounds and 2 blocked shots, that's more than we'll get from Wilcox and JON for the remainder of the season.  If he comes in and provides 15 minutes per game of rest for KG, that's more than we'll get from Wilcox and JON for the remainder of the season.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.  I don't think DA is trying to bring in someone who can score, rebound and defend as much as he's trying to bring in a BIG BODY.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Flobus, I'm sorry but you are greatly mistaken.  Since the Celtics need bodies Hollins will get minutes and plenty of them. Under normal circumstance with a full roster and Wilcox and JON healthy, you are right.  But that isn't the case.  The end of the bench is the last place we'll see Hollins. If he comes in and provides 5 rebounds and 2 blocked shots, that's more than we'll get from Wilcox and JON for the remainder of the season.  If he comes in and provides 15 minutes per game of rest for KG, that's more than we'll get from Wilcox and JON for the remainder of the season. I think you're looking at this the wrong way.  I don't think DA is trying to bring in someone who can score, rebound and defend as much as he's trying to bring in a BIG BODY.....
    Posted by Petey62

I was thinking more in terms of his level of talent, I guess. But in regards to the Celtics' desperation for big men right now, perhaps they'll be able to squeeze something out of him.

Sections
Shortcuts