s&t humphries to washington- anyone know what we are getting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

s&t humphries to washington- anyone know what we are getting?

future picks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: s&t humphries to washington- anyone know what we are getting?

No news yet, but we are all waiting......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge wants part of the TPE they got from Houston for Ariza. ($4.5M)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

As I said on another thread, Washington is going to be tough, perfect place for Hump, with he and Pierce that is going to be my second favorite east coast team. A distant second, but still.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

We're getting pierce back.... 

Jk pipe dream

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

$4.3MM TPE and a heavily protected 2nd rd pick that should expire worthless per Bulpett @ BH

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Humphries 3 years for 13M?  That's the free agent bargain of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

With Hump gone who's going to help Sully rebound?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

With Hump gone who's going to help Sully rebound?

[object HTMLDivElement]

OLY and Zeller have to step it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Humphries 3 years for 13M?  That's the free agent bargain of the season.

Hump per 36 minutes 15.1 points and 10.7 rebounds 1.6 blocks

Like I said, Gortat, Nene and Hump is a really nice rotation of bigs. If they weren't trying to develop oly last year Hump would have played way more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

That is what we got for a guy who was one of our best last year?  What will we get for the turkeys we still want to get rid of ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Steve Bulpett: Second round pick Celts are getting from Washington is one of those that's so heavily protected it'll never happen. Twitter @SteveBHoop - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.bVXGh9TE.dpuf

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to billge's comment:

That is what we got for a guy who was one of our best last year?  What will we get for the turkeys we still want to get rid of ?

True.

Basically the Celts got nothing.

The MLE is bigger than the TPE we got from Hump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Danny blew this one ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Danny blew this one ?

Yup!

The moment he didn't trade Hump at the trade deadline.

Hump was one of the best players of the Celtics last season.

Like you said, this is what we get, nothing!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Danny blew this one ?

Yup!

The moment he didn't trade Hump at the trade deadline.

Hump was one of the best players of the Celtics last season.

Like you said, this is what we get, nothing!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Can't say that yet.  We got a TPE out of it - let's see what he does with it.

GSW may have to cut a player or two if they get Love.......

I'm the eternal optimist, I know!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Danny blew this one ?

No he didn't. He did Hump, and the Wiz a solid. It's what a good businessman does. You don't, and can't always get what you want when you want it. This is a case of good faith to a good soldier who didn't bi;$h n moan all year and got rewarded for it, and good faith to another GM whom hopefully in the future will return it when the C's are knocking at the door again. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Can't say that yet.  We got a TPE out of it - let's see what he does with it.

GSW may have to cut a player or two if they get Love.......

I'm the eternal optimist, I know!

A TPE disappears if the Celts fall below the cap.

Larry Coon @LarryCoon
    Yes. RT @joeryanurusko did the Cavaliers lose their exception from the Jarret Jack trade when they dipped under the cap?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

No he didn't. He did Hump, and the Wiz a solid. It's what a good businessman does. You don't, and can't always get what you want when you want it. This is a case of good faith to a good soldier who didn't bi;$h n moan all year and got rewarded for it, and good faith to another GM whom hopefully in the future will return it when the C's are knocking at the door again. 

Ainge is trying to make up for what he did in 2012.

Here:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/15/2874254/nba-trade-deadline-mid-day-updates

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
    Follow
    NBA GM No. 1: "I'm through done dealing with (Celtics') Danny Ainge. Bleep him."
    12:03 AM - 16 Mar 2012

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I know what I'm getting. An apology thread from Fiercy saying he was wrong.

I said there were sign and trade possibilities this summer for Hump back in February when Fierce was adamant that the new CBA did not help players like Hump via S&T's like the old one did (despite Bogans being a prime example) and then Fiercy rambled on about how Hump would just walk, no sign and trade was ever going to take place, on and on.

I'm waiting for him to start his apology 'I was wrong" thread. It was his idea of course to bet on this and act childish and dumb... but hey, he still needs to prove to this board he is not a welcher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I know what I'm getting. An apology thread from Fiercy saying he was wrong.

I said there were sign and trade possibilities this summer for Hump back in February when Fierce was adamant that the new CBA did not help players like Hump via S&T's like the old one did (despite Bogans being a prime example) and then Fiercy rambled on about how Hump would just walk, no sign and trade was ever going to take place, on and on.

I'm waiting for him to start his apology 'I was wrong" thread. It was his idea of course to bet on this and act childish and dumb... but hey, he still needs to prove to this board he is not a welcher.

+1

$4.3MM TPE is nothing to sneeze at and certainly beats a stick in the eye on the way out the door as the Fungal one predicted. But is anyone really surprised as he downplays the value of the TPE as being less than the MLE which he also claimed Hump would never accept from the C's. Seems to me he predicted $8-10MM. Wrong as usual.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Celts have to use the 4.3m TPE first in order for you to say the Celts got something for Hump.

If that 4.3m TPE remains unused, Celts got nothing for Hump, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

+1

$4.3MM TPE is nothing to sneeze at and certainly beats a stick in the eye on the way out the door as the Fungal one predicted. But is anyone really surprised as he downplays the value of the TPE as being less than the MLE which he also claimed Hump would never accept from the C's. Seems to me he predicted $8-10MM. Wrong as usual.

The TPE being 'less than the MLE' is neither here nor there and a pointless apples and oranges comment.

It is like that SNL skit with Will Ferrell where he loses an argument/his dignity in front of his family and blurts out "I drive a Dodge Stratus!"

The TPE can obviously be used to either acquire an overpaid and unwanted player making up to 4.3 million. Many examples of under the MLE guys like this. Scal was around 3.5 and we wanted him dumped for years. Or the TPE can be used in a sign and trade for a guy who is still useful but makes below the MLE. Baby, Tony Allen, Marquis Daniels and Eddie House are ALL recent Celtic examples of guys making in the 2-3.5m range. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

+1

The TPE being 'less than the MLE' is neither here nor there and a pointless apples and oranges comment.

It is like that SNL skit with Will Ferrell where he loses an argument/his dignity in front of his family and blurts out "I drive a Dodge Stratus!"

The TPE can obviously be used to either acquire an overpaid and unwanted player making up to 4.3 million. Many examples of under the MLE guys like this. Scal was around 3.5 and we wanted him dumped for years. Or the TPE can be used in a sign and trade for a guy who is still useful but makes below the MLE. Baby, Tony Allen, Marquis Daniels and Eddie House are ALL recent Celtic examples of guys making in the 2-3.5m range. 

Not that I want Boozer (amnestied today) but just wondering (as I've never checked) if the TPE can be used for that auction process should the winning bid for an amnestied player fit within any team's TPE ... Any idea?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Not that I want Boozer (amnestied today) but just wondering (as I've never checked) if the TPE can be used for that auction process should the winning bid for an amnestied player fit within any team's TPE ... Any idea?

Of course not!

Basic rule of the auction process is only teams under the cap can bid.

Sections
Shortcuts