SA Spurs slide means...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

SA Spurs slide means...

That the Lakers are still in the hunt for the best record in the NBA. That probably doesn't mean much to you C's fans cause you've got your own problems. And in all honesty, the Lakers don't NEED the home court advantage against the Spurs, but it would help.

While the C's, Spurs and Bulls have been sputtering lately, the Lakers are hitting on all 8 cylinders. Andrew Bynum is healthy, although some of you were hoping and praying for another Bynum injury (I'm looking at YOU P34!). And he's looking like a BEAST!! Ron Artest is finally getting it together and the Lakers bench is meshing well. All the pieces are coming together for the Lakers. It looks like Phil will add another ring to put some distance between himself and the 2nd greatest coach of all-time...Red Auerbach.

My advice to Danny Ainge...start your rebuilding project NOW!

Oh wait, he already has...by trading Perk and bringing in some questionable talent. HAH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: SA Spurs slide means...

In Response to SA Spurs slide means...:
    That the Lakers are still in the hunt for the best record in the NBA. That probably doesn't mean much to you C's fans cause you've got your own problems. And in all honesty, the Lakers don't NEED the home court advantage against the Spurs, but it would help. While the C's, Spurs and Bulls have been sputtering lately, the Lakers are hitting on all 8 cylinders. Andrew Bynum is healthy, although some of you were hoping and praying for another Bynum injury (I'm looking at YOU P34!). And he's looking like a BEAST!! Ron Artest is finally getting it together and the Lakers bench is meshing well. All the pieces are coming together for the Lakers. It looks like Phil will add another ring to put some distance between himself and the 2nd greatest coach of all-time...Red Auerbach. My advice to Danny Ainge...start your rebuilding project NOW! Oh wait, he already has...by trading Perk and bringing in some questionable talent. HAH!
    Posted by Qdaddy

I suppose if you're lucky, you'll get 20 free throws in a quarter and 40 in a game so you can no longer be the team with the second most championships :-D

But if I had to guess, Mavs-Bulls in a matchup of new guard teams

And since when are the Bulls, winners of, like, 10 of their last 12, NOT firing on all cylinders?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

That the Lakers are still in the hunt for the best record in the NBA. That probably doesn't mean much to you C's fans cause you've got your own problems. And in all honesty, the Lakers don't NEED the home court advantage against the Spurs, but it would help. While the C's, Spurs and Bulls have been sputtering lately, the Lakers are hitting on all 8 cylinders. Andrew Bynum is healthy, although some of you were hoping and praying for another Bynum injury (I'm looking at YOU P34!). And he's looking like a BEAST!! Ron Artest is finally getting it together and the Lakers bench is meshing well. All the pieces are coming together for the Lakers. It looks like Phil will add another ring to put some distance between himself and the 2nd greatest coach of all-time...Red Auerbach. My advice to Danny Ainge...start your rebuilding project NOW! Oh wait, he already has...by trading Perk and bringing in some questionable talent. HAH!
    Posted by Qdaddy

Even though I am new to this board, I am well aware of your reputation here.  Why do you get off on kicking other people when they're teams are down?  When the Lakers were struggling I privately enjoyed it but I never rubbed it in with any of their fans.  Just enjoy your team.  You were fortunate enough to get through this season relatively injury-free.  Just be grateful for what you have.  No need to gloat about it here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

FROM THE WESTSIDE TO THE EASTSIDE
    EVERYBODY VERY HAPPY
    CAUSE THE SUN IS SHINING ALL THE TIME
    ITS LIKE ANOTHER PERFECT DAY
    I LOVE L.A. (WE LOVE IT)
    CHORUS

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I don't believe the Bulls are slumping?  And hold a lead over the Lakers for HCA.  If the Spurs continue to slide, I'd bet the Bulls will have the best record.

Thibodeau is a shoe in for coach of the year. 

PA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means...:
    But if I had to guess, Mavs-Bulls in a matchup of new guard teams
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Too bad the rest of the world doesn't share your view.

http://sports.bodog.com/sports-betting/basketball-futures.jsp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to SA Spurs slide means... : I suppose if you're lucky, you'll get 20 free throws in a quarter and 40 in a game so you can no longer be the team with the second most championships :-D But if I had to guess, Mavs-Bulls in a matchup of new guard teams And since when are the Bulls, winners of, like, 10 of their last 12, NOT firing on all cylinders?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Luck had nothing to do with it. The fact that they were more aggressive assured them getting to the line. After this year, the Lakers will have the most NBA titles (tied with the team that once dominated the Finals, but no longer).

The Bulls are a good pick, but if you're going with the Mavs in the west, they'll disappoint you. Go with the smart pick...the Lakers.

BTW, the Bulls are playing well, but they'll just be happy to get to the finals, if it happens. The Lakers are a veteran team that knows how to win championships...something the Celtics were once good at. But their age is showing. Even one of the Globe's own writers (Dan Shaunnessy) doesn't believe this C's team has it. And he correctly predicted the C's run last year. But he can see the writing on the wall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Luck had nothing to do with it. The fact that they were more aggressive assured them getting to the line. After this year, the Lakers will have the most NBA titles (tied with the team that once dominated the Finals, but no longer). The Bulls are a good pick, but if you're going with the Mavs in the west, they'll disappoint you. Go with the smart pick...the Lakers. BTW, the Bulls are playing well, but they'll just be happy to get to the finals, if it happens. The Lakers are a veteran team that knows how to win championships...something the Celtics were once good at. But their age is showing. Even one of the Globe's own writers (Dan Shaunnessy) doesn't believe this C's team has it. And he correctly predicted the C's run last year. But he can see the writing on the wall.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Nice post! It's Phil's destiny to win his 4th 3-peat, unprecedented in the modern NBA and unlikely ever to be surpassed.

Phil is GOAT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to SA Spurs slide means... : Even though I am new to this board, I am well aware of your reputation here.  Why do you get off on kicking other people when they're teams are down?  When the Lakers were struggling I privately enjoyed it but I never rubbed it in with any of their fans.  Just enjoy your team.  You were fortunate enough to get through this season relatively injury-free.  Just be grateful for what you have.  No need to gloat about it here.
    Posted by MsLithium21

Great post and I definitely agree with you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

The Lakers may very well tie us with 17 titles.....but head to head all time....?

Celtics win the regular season match up

Celtics dominate in the playoffs.......9-3 speaks volumes Q....simply put, when  the title is on the line the Lakers have been no match for Boston...hell it took them 27 years to finally beat the Celtics....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The  Lakers  are  definitely  coming  out  of  the  West.  The  Spurs  are  the  Cavaliers  of  last  year.  The  Mavs  shouldn't  even  be  in  the  discusion,  given  their  playoff  history.  The  Thunder  are  dangerous  but  1-2  years  from  being  a  serious  contender.  My  hope  is  the  Lakers  are  peaking  too  soon.  And  I  expect  the  Celts  will  turn  on  the  switch  like  last  year  and  return  to  the  finals.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Excellent post Q!!

The LAKERS are without a doubt the team to beat. PJ wins championships in 3s.  The celtics are old news and won the majority of their titles back when there only 8 teams in the league and basketball was played with peach baskets. Laughing

By the way, when was the last time the celtics have EVEN REPEATED as champs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

The Lakers may very well tie us with 17 titles.....but head to head all time....? Celtics win the regular season match up Celtics dominate in the playoffs.......9-3 speaks volumes Q....simply put, when  the title is on the line the Lakers have been no match for Boston...hell it took them 27 years to finally beat the Celtics....
    Posted by Duke4

When the title was on the line the Lakers won 16 times. It's 16 successes and 46 failures, vs the Celtics' 17 successes and 47 failures.

In baseball standing you get

W L GB
    17 47 -
    16 46 -

Dominate? Not in anyone's book when looking at standings. If the Celtics were so dominant, they should be leading by 6 titles. Why don't they?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Excellent post Q!! The LAKERS are without a doubt the team to beat. PJ wins championships in 3s.  The celtics are old news and won the majority of their titles back when there only 8 teams in the league and basketball was played with peach baskets. By the way, when was the last time the celtics have EVEN REPEATED as champs?
    Posted by Tayshawn

What a loser!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

hedleylamarr... Are you referring to KG, Paula, Ray, Rondo, or Shaq? 

Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Lakers trolls never cease to amaze me. Let's spend our days on another team's board bragging about regular season wins. Come back in June when Spurs Celts is going on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : 1.  It's 9-3 head to head.  That's what he meant. 2.  Your math is WAY off. The Celtics were founded in 1946 - that's 55 years.  They have won 17 titles, that means their OVERALL record is 17-38. The MINNEAPOLIS lakers (since you insist on stealing their titles) were founded in 1947.  That's 54 years.  The franchise has won 16.  That means OVERALL record is 16-38. Questions??
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Your  math  is  way  off !!  The  Celtice  franchise  has  been  around  for  65  years, not  55.  And  the  Lakers  have  been  in  existence  for  64, not  54.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

It looks like Phil will add another ring to put some distance between himself and the 2nd greatest coach of all-time...Red Auerbach. My advice to Danny Ainge...start your rebuilding project NOW! Oh wait, he already has...by trading Perk and bringing in some questionable talent. HAH!
    Posted by Qdaddy

Don't count your rings just yet. If the Celtics can get Shaq back...an "iffy" if, I agree...LAL won't win. They can't. Not with JO and Krstic coming off the bench. LAL just cannot match up, size-wise.

If Shaq cannot return, all bets are off. Simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to SA Spurs slide means... : Don't count your rings just yet. If the Celtics can get Shaq back...an "iffy" if, I agree...LAL won't win. They can't. Not with JO and Krstic coming off the bench. LAL just cannot match up, size-wise. If Shaq cannot return, all bets are off. Simple.
    Posted by cshashaty

Another believer in the miracle working Shaq. He worked out very well in Phoenix and Cleveland, huh?

BTW, how long has it been since Shaq last played? Even if he came back yesterday, it would not be until the 2014 season before he was in game shape. Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from justlikeitis. Show justlikeitis's posts

In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Since the merge of the NBA/ABA in 1977 the record is: Lakers 10-34 Boston 4-34 The Lakers have gone back to back in 1987/88 & 2009/10. They also got a 3-peat in  2000-02. They stand at the door of another 3-peat this season. Boston have gone back to back........(still waiting) Boston have 3-peated....(still waiting) Any questions?
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

The Laker "fans" still can't get over the Celtics EIGHT PEAT in the 60's.An eight peat is something Laker nation will never see,they can only dream.
    If not for the deaths of Reggie Lewis and Len Bias the 9-3 record the Celtics hold over the Lakers in NBA playoff finals series would be much larger. Buss and his bankroll make the salary cap a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Zeitgeist,
    I think Ms. Lithium said it so well and a lot nicer what a bunch of losers coming on another team's board trashing them with silly aliases in the most inane gotcha style behaving like a bunch of post adolescent pranksters.  I say it again look at yourselves what a bunch of losers you are.  Have you ever done anything in your lives.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Excellent post Q!! The LAKERS are without a doubt the team to beat. PJ wins championships in 3s.  The celtics are old news and won the majority of their titles back when there only 8 teams in the league and basketball was played with peach baskets. By the way, when was the last time the celtics have EVEN REPEATED as champs?
    Posted by Tayshawn

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

The first 5 Laker titles are the oldest of news.......won before the advent of the shot clock...commonly referred to as the advent of the modern NBA....you know...the days when they jumped center after baskets...the days where the Minny Lakers lost a game by the score of 18-17.....do you really want to claim the titles won in those days.....?

Sections
Shortcuts