Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now.

This dog can't hunt.  Even a minor (Rondo only trade) is futile.  We need to move old players now while there is still high value for competitive championship teams this year...then work the new younger players for a bit of experience this year. and if that means we don't make the playoffs, then we will be in position for a lower first round pick.

Here is what I would do:

Trade Rondo
    Trade Allen
    Trade Pierce

Keep Garnett and his expiring contract for a stud FA next year.  
    Keep Bass
    Keep and Play JJ much more (key backup next year)
    Keep and Play Bradley much more (key backup next year)
    Keep Bass
    Keep Wilcox (big men seem to go down more frequently)

Resign Green

Daniels, Dooling, Moore, Pavlovic, Pietrus, Stiemsma and JON are all dispensible as part of package trades for Rondo, Allen and Pierce.

We should be able to get 3 high quality starters and a couple good bench players with the above trades. Garnett Cap allows us to sign a 4th high quality starter. and Green steps into 5th starting role next year with JJ, Bass and Bradley coming off the bench...and we're back in Championship contention in half a year.

Pull the Trigger Danny!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now.

'Tis better to sukk hard for a year or two than to kinda sukk for many.

-Confucius

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

So elDunker2.  Just so I no where you're coming from, what's your real handle?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i wouldn't call trading rondo a minor trade....  we just need some additional post presence. danny should be able to find that somewhere for cheap. add in some decent fortune regarding health and the Cs can very reasonably become a team no one wants to play come playoff time. this is not a far fetched notion, in fact i anticipate such a scenerio. besides, pieces are already in place to retool nicely after the season without jumping the gun with a premature blowup.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now.:
    i wouldn't call trading rondo a minor trade....  we just need some additional post presence. danny should be able to find that somewhere for cheap. add in some decent fortune regarding health and the Cs can very reasonably become a team no one wants to play come playoff time. this is not a far fetched notion, in fact i anticipate such a scenerio. besides, pieces are already in place to retool nicely after the season without jumping the gun with a premature blowup.  
    Posted by BaileyPowe

Who will they put fear in the hearts of?  Miami? Chicago?  So they are a team Philly may not want to play?  Indiana?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now. : Who will they put fear in the hearts of?  Miami? Chicago?  So they are a team Philly may not want to play?  Indiana?  
    Posted by jdm894g

i'm looking to get as far as the second round this year, jdm, and don't anticipate beating miami or chicago though i'd relish the opportunity to try. yes, i think the potential sum of our parts can serve us very well against any eastern team aside from heat or the bulls. for me, that's more than enough reason not to throw in the towell at this early juncture.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

So elDunker2.  Just so I no where you're coming from, what's your real handle?
    Posted by breaktime

We all know who he really is....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Sacrifice this season? What season? Boston is 7th seed in an inferior conference with no chance of advancing past the first round (provided they get there) and little to trade with. Sacrifice this season.....Boston's season has already gone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now.":
    In Response to Re: Sacrifice this Season. Rebuild Now. : Look in the mirror, son.  Your team is in the same boat, and you are a clown!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    The difference is that L.A. WILL pull the trigger in a few days on a major trade to keep competitive pace. Danny either wrongly thinks this team may possibly be competiive this year before rebuilding with far less flexibility or he wants too much in trade exchange for Rondo, Pierce and Allen. We all know that draft choices, even first round picks, are occational hits but mostly misses. We Can't expect immediate help from the draft next year. We need to get our talent through trades now and a FA or two with more cap space.

Sections
Shortcuts