sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up

In Response to sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up:
    [QUOTE]there's 2 players i'd want to keep and try to rebuild around: rondo and green. and even rondo is moveable if the compensation is right. everyone else is available for the taking.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Build around Green?  A guy with very little situation recognition?  Where was he on Bosh's tip in of LeBron's shot in OT?

Sorry! Neither Rondo nor Green are players to build around.  The Celts will need to find the players to build around and then re-build.  Rondo is a great player but a point guard needs a team to run.  I see Rondo getting traded.  Hello TWolves!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Hats off to the Celts!  Too bad we lost the game because could not make enough accurate passes leading to turnovers or missed shots.  And that missed layup towrads the end of regulation?  Dang!!!

But I also appreciate that he played and did what he could.  That was a devastating injury.  The guy is a tough dude.

Now, I am rooting that DWade develop a migraine before the next game and the Celts steal one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

neither rondo nor green are perfect, but they will be our best 2 players next year. green is restricted, meaning we'll likely resign him. i don't see how you can possibly let your best young player walk away. no way that happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : Build around Green?  A guy with very little situation recognition?  Where was he on Bosh's tip in of LeBron's shot in OT? Sorry! Neither Rondo nor Green are players to build around.  The Celts will need to find the players to build around and then re-build.  Rondo is a great player but a point guard needs a team to run.  I see Rondo getting traded.  Hello TWolves!!
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

What? This post makes no sense. Hes a great player but a point guard needs a team to run? If your saying that Rondo is bad at running this team your a clown.

Rondo has done nothing try to improve on his game from last year in the finals. The only thing I can see truely benefical to Rondo is that he will likely get tons of time during the offseason now to get healthy and learn to shoot. 

Rondo gets too much flack on here.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If Ray Allen was the 6th man on this team - he would be just as awesome as ever.  He just shouldn't be asked to play 40 minutes against Wade.

Jeff Green should not be back.  I would package him in a trade and hopefully get something good in return.  All I need to know about Jeff Green is that he posted up 3 times, ask for the ball and then couldn't catch a bounce pass.  Pitiful.

Big Baby is gone.  Guaranteed.

The end of the bench is a mess - if you are going to have scrubs - at least have young scrubs who might at LEAST play with energy.

They desperately need a scorer.  Green ain't it.  He pipes.  Stop with the green talk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : Build around Green?  A guy with very little situation recognition?  Where was he on Bosh's tip in of LeBron's shot in OT? Sorry! Neither Rondo nor Green are players to build around.  The Celts will need to find the players to build around and then re-build.  Rondo is a great player but a point guard needs a team to run.  I see Rondo getting traded.  Hello TWolves!!
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Rondo's value will never be higher than it is right now as far a trade is considered. And you definitely don't want his attitude rubbing off on younger players.

As for Jeff Green, there are a lot of reasons why the Celtics shouldn't re-sign him. For me it all comes down to attitude. Green looks miserable. It really doesn't look like he enjoys playing basketball. You never want those kind of guys on your team. But especially if you are in rebuiilding mode.

I don't know what the answer is. Things are not looking good for the future.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : At this point no one is untouchable.  The big three are best suited to play less minutes, but how do you get any young talent around here without considering all trades for players and/or cap space? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Really a little early for this discussion, since no one knows what will happen with the CBA and what the salary cap will be and what the Celtics will be able to spend.  They may not even play next season if they don't reach an agreement. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : i started saying this in '09.  something had to be done to mix things up for this team.  instead we just ran ray allen into the dirt like a dodge omni. oh well, maybe the next coach will have some b@lls to do the right thing.  they could have gotten away with it theoretically if they started doing it this year, but with porcelain delonte it would not have worked.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I really want to be around to listen to your posts when Doc is gone and your hating self has to accept some other coach when the C's are losing.  your lack of objectivity about Doc is second only next to Dudder's posts about Rondo.

please get over that hate, my man, and try to look at what happened:

Doc got them in a position to have great shots - and they missed them.  Rondo gets a layup.  Ray get an open 3.  Paul gets an open 3.  KG gets an open jumper.  KG gets the ball low against a guard and can't jump over him - falls away.  Ray and KG run into each other on the last possession so that KG can't go set the pick on Lebron that would have created a mismatch/open shot. 

Lebron hits a fallaway shot against Paul when Paul is RIGHT ON HIS SHOOTING HAND.  Wade hits a fall away from three point land when he can't even see the basket and the shot clock runs out.  Bosh gets a rebound over Green.   And through all of that - your comment is that Doc has no balls and is the cause of the C's problems.    

You think West's being hurt all year, Shaq being hurt all year and now giving us NOTHING, JON being out 3/4 of the year, 'Quis getting almost paralyzed, Perk being hurt with a bad knee, Rondo getting hurt in the playoffs, etc, etc, etc.....had anything to do with anything else????

Come on man, this real game was lost by poor execution and us having no real center.