Salary Cap Situation for 2013-14

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Salary Cap Situation for 2013-14

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kdp59's comment:

kdp59

If the Celts don't have KG and Pierce for next season, that means the Celts are a team under the salary cap. Teams under the salary cap don't have the MLE.

so signing Pekovic or Jefferson couldn't put us over the cap and then we'd get the MLE?

Once you're a team under the cap, you can't go over it.

are you sure that is correct?

If so the NBA has made itself a league that only the teams OVER the cap when the CBA was signed, can really be contenders in the future as only they can go OVER the salary cap

I don't know either way myself, but it just doesn't sound correct.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

are you sure that is correct?

If so the NBA has made itself a league that only the teams OVER the cap when the CBA was signed, can really be contenders in the future as only they can go OVER the salary cap

I don't know either way myself, but it just doesn't sound correct.

Yes, that's why the new salary cap rules has a repeater tax. Instead of just the dollar per dollar luxury tax, a team in repeater tax territory will pay 2.50 dollars for every dollar they are over the luxury tax. This is to prevent what you are saying, that teams over the cap have the advantage.

That's what the Lakers did the past few years.

OKC was afraid of that repeater tax, that's why they traded Harden.

Memphis also traded Gay for that reason.

If you're a team over the luxury tax for 3 straight seasons, you'll be penalized with the repeater tax. That's how it works.

so you are saying that no team can sign a Free agent is it takes them OVER the cap once they  are under the cap?

I am sorry, that makes no sense...even is you could only re-sign your won FA's to go over, that is a constraint that NO team owenr would ever agree to.

IF  your understanding of the CBA is true, you would really never need to have a Luxuary tax at all.

you just wait until the teams over the cap at the CBA signing have their players retire, then they HAVE to be belwo the cap.

something isn't right with that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

the celtics may get lucky..

they may not be charlotte bobcats bad....they may be able to rebuild at a 41-41--42-40 clip...

keeping rondo,green,sullinger (if healthy),mello if something, keeping terry cause his deal is tough to move, same for lee...but letting go paul and kg....maybe boston can get a star with rondo...develop green and sullinger or a pick...

and maybe skip a step..we all have to hope..we didnt see 2007 coming..

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.