Salary Cap Situation Update

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtaddict. Show celtaddict's posts

Re: Salary Cap Situation Update

What about sign and trades. I believe the Lakers can sign and trade their own free agent  which is outgoing. They can not receive a sign and trade incoming free agent. So, it is possible to get Howard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

GabrielXL is claiming that the Celtics can just get rid of the contracts of Wallace and Humphries so that the Celtics will be able to sign Dwight.

Not true.

Right now the Celtics have 68.3m in salaries that are guaranteed. That doesn't include Olynyk, Shavlik, Kris Joseph, and DJ White.

Dwight Howard's max contract is 88m for 4 years.

Even if, by some miracle, the Celtics get rid of the contracts of Wallace and Humphries, the Celtics will still not be able to afford Dwight.

Here:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/boston-celtics-team-salary

68.3m - 12m - 10.1m = 46.2m

The salary cap for 2013-14 is 58.5m.

So if the salary cap is 58.5m and the Celtics reduce their payroll to 46.2m, that means the Celts will only have 12.3m in cap space. And remember, that still doesn't include the contracts of Olynyk, Shavlik, DJ White, and Kris Joseph.

Clearly there's no way the Celtics can sign Dwight.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Mployee is saying the Celtics can get down to 48-50m in total salaries.

Again, another far-fetched scenario.

It's a strong possibility that the Celts can get a TPE for Gerald Wallace. But it's very unlikely the Celts can get rid of Humphries' contract without taking back contract/s in return.

The Celtics may have gotten rid of the contracts of KG and Pierce, but it doesn't mean the Celtics are better off.

Pierce is an expiring contract.

KG has 1 more year left for 12m.

But Gerald Wallace still has 20.2m left after this season.

If you think about it, the Celtics' salary cap situation has gotten worse.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Howard isn't coming here...we all know that.

thanks for the update on the Celtics cap situation, I figured we are about in the same boat this year....at this point.

I still like the idea of trying to get Asik from Houston if they get Howard signed.

I understand his contract may ( or may not) have a $15M salary in the year after next.

But he only has two years left and $20M total owed. with Humphries off the books after next season, the Celtics can take on that $15M the following year.

even if it costs us Rondo (though we might be able to talk McHale into Bass and Crawford instead).

Rondo might be the "third Star" that howard reportedly wants.

we need a Center on next years team one way or another. Sullinger and Bass playing there makes no sense to me and I can't think Olynyk and Melo are going to be options as starters either.

if we DO trade Rondo (anywhere) we will need a new Starting PG as well. Even IF Rondo stays we'll need to bring some type of Vet PG to cover in case Rondo is slow coming back and to BU ROndo when fully healhty.

we still have extra 2 guards with Lee, Bradley, Brooks, Crawford on the roster now

we also  have extra PF's with Bass, Sullinger,Humphries, Randolph and White around right now.

I beleive we also still have the full MLE to use ( if the owners are willing to spend it, which I doubt for this year).

it will be interesting to see what "trader Danny" can come up with this off-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

The only free agent I'd be willing to pursue is Oden - and that's for very short money and very short years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

The only free agent I'd be willing to pursue is Oden - and that's for very short money and very short years.

I can't see Oden coming here either (unless he has NO other options).

no FA's will see the Celtics next year as a "winning" team. (new Coach, Complete makeover of the roster).

so to get any FA's Ainge will need to outspend anyone else. Since we have no cap space, that seems unlikely to happen.

any vet players Ainge gets will need to be through trades or Vet Minimum deals, IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you factor in Terry, we actually had a net increase of only like 15M over the next three years. Not insignificant, but for those draft picks? Yes please. I take that deal every time.

And Fierce, there still is the situation with Bass and Lee. They could be traded for 80% of the salary coming back, or for a TPE (unlikely). 

Its hard to read Danny. The obvious choice is to tank for Wiggins, and he will never admit that. But he's already talking about the goal of bringing Rondo back for the beginning of the season. I really hope thats smoke. Rondo should be told to sit until January.

"I expect us to be a championship contender," Ainge said. "Absolutely."

Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dwight Howard why waste any breath on this discussion. Howard comes to Boston after Doc leaves.  Chances zero.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Why would anyone want Howard?

He is a head case that I wouldn't want on the team - where ever he goes he will probalby want to leave within a year

He has never devoled his offensive game and add to the fact he cannot be on the floor at the end of games -with his foul shooting -and he is a loser - For Championships he is Fool's
    Gold

DA did what he could for the long term - Celts were not going to win as they were and definitely be in a horrid position in 2 yrs without the draft picks -

The draft is always a crap shoot - Have the #1 pick this year ? or a year where there is a Labron? totally a fickle finger of fate.

Right now we have Rondo as elite and Green as potential top tier talent. Getting FA's to come here does not seem to be in the cards. At the least we can hope with the 1st round picks, we get some great athletic and long players at guard /wing, and some pure shooters - getting Wiggins or some one like him will require a little luck of the Irish.

DA did good to get the the draft picks- its our best chance - The Fakers are in much worse condition - KB isn't coming back as an elite- and they have nobody else - they are hoping for Labron - but then it will be Cleveland all over again - he will pcik another spot or another top player will take a lower salary to get a chance at a championship

DA probably will make another trade b4 the season - and it won't be Rondo this time- Getting  a Mchale/Parish in our lap probalby won't happen- Teams won't trade a lottery pick for what we have

Salary Caps in Baseball and Basketball are killers - the stars get alot and for long term - the contracts may be good in the begining but long term many suck ( ARod etc) And they make it impossible to make any moves- At least with the Draft picks we hav a chance - better than other teams ( I think GM's are crazy for paying what they do)

BTW -Bynum and Odin  are big players who get hurt, the top big guys in the draft had injury issues - and once a big has foot problems - it never gets better -

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Mployee is saying the Celtics can get down to 48-50m in total salaries.

Again, another far-fetched scenario.

It's a strong possibility that the Celts can get a TPE for Gerald Wallace. But it's very unlikely the Celts can get rid of Humphries' contract without taking back contract/s in return.

The Celtics may have gotten rid of the contracts of KG and Pierce, but it doesn't mean the Celtics are better off.

Pierce is an expiring contract.

KG has 1 more year left for 12m.

But Gerald Wallace still has 20.2m left after this season.

If you think about it, the Celtics' salary cap situation has gotten worse.

Humphries since he has an expiring contract you can pair him with the TPE and end up with a legit Free Agent in a sign and trade. No expiring contract is a bad contract, they are quiet useful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I would hate the idea of DH in C's uniform..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

GabrielXL is claiming that the Celtics can just get rid of the contracts of Wallace and Humphries so that the Celtics will be able to sign Dwight.

Not true.

Right now the Celtics have 68.3m in salaries that are guaranteed. That doesn't include Olynyk, Shavlik, Kris Joseph, and DJ White.

Even if, by some miracle, the Celtics get rid of the contracts of Wallace and Humphries, the Celtics will still not be able to afford Dwight.

Here:

So if the salary cap is 58.5m and the Celtics reduce their payroll to 46.2m, that means the Celts will only have 12.3m in cap space. And remember, that still doesn't include the contracts of Olynyk, Shavlik, DJ White, and Kris Joseph.

It really doesnt matter at all because even if the Cs could sign him, he is not interested.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VTcelts. Show VTcelts's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Not true.

Here:

May I ask a critical question>

WHO WANTS THAT TEAM KILLING LOSER HOWARD?????????

Anyone saying they do proves what little they  know about BBall...

You are right on. The man is not a winner and can't be trusted in the 4th Quarter with his free throws. Just not worth it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good point... listening to Fungus regurgitate things someone else says and pasting it here as his own (usually) is boring and a waste of time..

Thanks for thinking for yourself and coming up with interesting ideas... picking up Asik would be awesome... 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts