Same "key problem" as last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Same "key problem" as last year

The Cavs game highlighted something that really hurt the Celtics last year during the season. It was the reason they had such a poor 2nd half of the season and it relates to hustle and committment.

The Cavs played an inspired game last night and deserved the win. They wanted it bad. What I noticed was the Celtic defense not rotating fast enough to the weak side to get to the open 3ball shooter. The Cavs had many wide open 3 point shots last night.

This is what KILLED the Celtics last year and a main reason they lost so many large leads. Its all about hustle!  When we got to the playoffs, the hustle was there. Im afraid this bad habit may haunt us again especially if the Vets think they can turn it on again come playoff time. If they do think, then we're gonna have a tough regular season than we hoped for. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Same "key problem" as last year

The Cavs only made 6 out of 20 attempts from the 3pt arc. I think it was more of what the Celtics couldn't do than what the Cavs did. In the last 2 minutes of the game Ray missed 2 3s and KG missed a baseline jumper that would have cut the Cavs lead down to 1. 

I think it's just a case of the Celtics running out of gas because they played so hard the previous night.

Too early to tell if the Celtics are suffering from the same problem from last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

I missed last night but was wondering if they had the 6-8 minute stretches again where no one can score.  They did that in Game 1 and I find that as troubling as anything with this team that remained from last year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Karl, are we jumping the gun just a little? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Same "key problem" as last year:
    Karl, are we jumping the gun just a little? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Probably lol

But when the hustle on defense isnt there it takes me back to last years regular season.. remembering all the open 3's teams got against us cause we didnt rotate fast enough. Was this just early season stuff or is the same probelm resurfacing because the vets dont wanna do it every night til it counts.

Perhaps the latter, which maybe how they need to play to be fresh come playoff time. After last year, who can argue?  Just pointing it out is all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Two games fellas.  They're missing Perk and trying to integrate Shaq and JON into the rotation.  JON missed most of camp and will look better in a month I'm venturing.  There are enough personnel changes this year so it's gonna take some time.  And let's not forget that Robinson, Daniels, Erden, BBD and others on the second unit will take time to mesh.   Once D. West gets back I think it will help with Rondo, because he's not going to have to go as many minutes and he probably won't hve to pace himself as much. 

I really think we're looking at another year of frustrating lapses when this team gets bored waiting for the playoffs.  What I'm hoping is that BBD, D. West, Robinson, Daniels, Erden and other bench guys form a cohesive unit capable of taking more minutes.  They'll probably keep games more competitive at times because they're younger, they have to prove themselves and they're not taking their playing time for granted. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Those back to back games will hurt the Celtics this season. Particually if they play against a team that they see as being a divisional rival in the first game.

Celtics play the Heat in game one and then Washington in game two, expect a drop off in game two. Reverse it and have Washington in game one, they may leave a lot in the tank for when they play Miami the following night.

I don't really think the regular season matters much to this group. They're a veteran team who's only concern is to make the playoffs in a reasonable position without injuries.

Sections
Shortcuts