Same old dance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Same old dance

C's appear to be same team as last yr.   We fans will continue to scratch our heads w/ all the close games and all the subpar performances in the 2nd of back-to-backs.   Shaking our heads.   Foruming.   But, in the long run, we'll have to remember that it's the same team as last yr.   Minimal if any change.   In basketball, you can only have 5 players on the court.   Therfore, regardless of who is on the bench you are only gonna get so many combinations of players.   W/ the C's it's the same combinations as last yr.   Examples:  Last yr there was no shooting off the bench, this yr no shooting off the bench.   (Will DW make a difference?   We better hope so.).   No post play last yr (tho shoulda kept feeding KG in gm 7 down low, but C's weren't use to it).   Shaq will help but, we'll be on edge in last 2 min of games w/ his ft shooting.   
        What I'm trying to say is that if you watch the C's play it is like watching last yrs team.   Nobody can shoot from outside except RA and PP (I don't know what NR does.   He sure can't shoot).   If Shaq isn't in the game, then everybody (that includes JON) is away from the basket.   Everybody is doing the same thing.   NR, RR, MD (tho he is playing better than last yr), AB (and he hasn't even played) (damaged goods-"cough", "cough"), TA (oops.  everybody is a clone of each other.   can't tell their games apart).

What is the dance?   Same thing.   C's are never built upon.   Other than the yr of the championship, their is no improvement.   Take one step foreward, and one step back.  One step back and one step foreward.  Only one yr w/ DA and Papile were there ever 3 steps foreward.   Their tinkering never improves the team, just makes it the same or worse.    2 seasons ago, C's had a potent (tho older) offense.   There has been no building, improving of this.   Still no post players.   Still seems like PP and RA are gonna burn themselves out.   Good thing is the playoffs.   Where there are no back to backs and the games are half court...the C's strengths.   But, other teams have improved.   Where the C's basically have stayed stagnant (? or older).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Re: Same old dance

Danny overnight transformed a horrible team mired in two decades of mediocrity and worse and gave us a win-now contender.

The original three year window has been stretched to four.  Enjoy it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Same song different verse. Agree.

Unless and until we can get more potent (and consistent) offensive scoring punch and leadership from the PG position, it will continue to be same same.

Lets hope that Delonte can supply it.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Doesn't matter. The Celtics are fun to watch. 

If we dwell on the negative, Celtics are old or will get burned out, then there's no hope. You might as well stop following the Celtics and jump on the Heat bandwagon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

You can make this argument for nearly all NBA teams.  

But this team isn't at full-strength yet.  Perk will make a difference, and Shaq is Shaq.  Expect him to miss about 25-30 games. He hasn't missed fewer than this number in the past several seasons.

Celts beat a tough Bucks team the other night down the stretch without a true big man.  That's impressive enough, and is completely unlike any of the past few iterations of this team.

They are very good, they are playoff bound, and right now they're no longer burdened by the albatross of being the team to beat.  Miami gets to deal with that now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

DA/Papile didn't overnight transform a horrible team.   He did it after 6 of his yrs of horrible.   And, that is what I mean.   It is like what have you done for me lately.   But, it has been one championship.   And, with the still mediocre talent evaluations.   Looks like only one.   He had much chance of building last yrs team; the defending team.   Instead, he tore it down talking about salary cap.  (Then signs RW for ridiculous $).   This yr again, clones of the same players.   While other teams are improving, better players.   The C's just get older cause DA can't evaluate players, therefore he goes for players that use to be good and calls it doing something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Signing Theo Ratliff is really doing something!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

P.S.   I thought this is the 3rd year!?!   Anyway, they beat a "tough Bucks team" ???   Come on!   Tough Bucks team if for the middle of pack type teams.   Not if you are a so called elite team.   If they have to go down to the wire against a Bucks type team every night, then what I say is true.   While they're winning on the last play, the Lakers and Heat are winning by 10 or more on the road.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

The choice was blow up the aging core  or add to it and a talented young PG for one more run

Danny chose the latter course.  Would you be happier if DA blew it up?

I don't have super high expectations for the regular season.  I'd be real happy if they get to the playoffs physically intact.  Too bad the regular season isn't 40 games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

come on docc. it was more like 5 years of horrible, plus didn't success come within the time frame danny originally laid out? we've got a premium - and very entertaining - contender to root for for the forth consecutive season. try to enjoy the journey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think they'll be better in the long run. How could anyone expect drastic changes with the core back.

The big thing is Rondo and BBD are MUCH better, more aware and consistent. They know what they need to do on a daily basis. KG has his spring back and can get 20 pts a night again.

The bench has to get more consistent to provide rest for the starters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

When I saw the title of the OP I thought this was going to be about Doc's refusal to play the bench, which imo is a mistake he makes time and time again.  Glen Davis was thrown into the fray right off the bat and he has produced.  Doc should give the likes of Erden (who has played well in limited minutes) and Harangody (who hustles like the second coming of Hondo) a chance to contribute, especially with Perk and Shaq out.  Look at what happened to Garnett in the second game of the back to back.  He couldn't throw a pea in the ocean.  And RA is already looking like he's played a full season of forty minutes a game, clanking shot after shot.  Use the bench, Doc!  Keep the legs fresh.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How can you dance for 5 games and not score a single point?

Signing Ratliff is really doing something compared to signing 2 O'Neals, huh?

Even our rookie from Turkey got 2 points in his first game in the NBA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Same old dance:
    [QUOTE The big thing is Rondo and BBD are MUCH better, more aware and consistent.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Suuuuure they are lmao!  Yell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]   P.S.   I thought this is the 3rd year!?!   Anyway, they beat a "tough Bucks team" ???   Come on!   Tough Bucks team if for the middle of pack type teams.   Not if you are a so called elite team.   If they have to go down to the wire against a Bucks type team every night, then what I say is true.   While they're winning on the last play, the Lakers and Heat are winning by 10 or more on the road.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Yep, they played the C's tough that night.  Bogut is the real deal; if you didn't see his injury last year, then it's easy not to call him tough.

But he toughed it out that night.  Bucks aren't going anywhere, but honestly it's harrd to deny that they played the C's tough that night. 

LA has had a ridiculously easy schedule to start.  And the Celtics beat the Heat to start the season with poor play from their big men. 

The thing I'm seeing is the TO ratio...not good that game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Same old dance : [QUOTE The big thing is Rondo and BBD are MUCH bette r, more aware and consistent. Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE] Suuuuure they are lmao! 
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]
    Dont forget to disappear for a while when the Lakers go on a 3 game skid, RumMchale.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It is also a Friday night home game.  I will not forget how many home games were lost on Friday.  I hope this season is not going to be a repeat of last year,
    (losing on Friday night). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodRunsGreen. Show BloodRunsGreen's posts

[QUOTE]When I saw the title of the OP I thought this was going to be about Doc's refusal to play the bench, which imo is a mistake he makes time and time again.  Glen Davis was thrown into the fray right off the bat and he has produced.  Doc should give the likes of Erden (who has played well in limited minutes) and Harangody (who hustles like the second coming of Hondo) a chance to contribute, especially with Perk and Shaq out.  Look at what happened to Garnett in the second game of the back to back.  He couldn't throw a pea in the ocean.  And RA is already looking like he's played a full season of forty minutes a game, clanking shot after shot.  Use the bench, Doc!  Keep the legs fresh.  
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen against Chicago:  9-12 from the field, 3-5 from 3-point land, 4-4 from the line, 25 points.  I'll take that kind of "clanking" any day.  Ya gotta look at the big picture.  Ray's a keeper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Of course he's a keeper, BRG.  I would never intimate that he isn't.  He definitely had it going tonight, but you can't deny that he can't be playing 82 games of 35-40 minutes a game because he won't have his legs come playoff time.  I know he's famous for being in shape, but the legs are the first thing to go.  Just look at what happened in last season's playoffs.  He started hot but went ice cold.  It's particularly the back to backs in which Doc has to be careful not to run the starters into the ground.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The C's are off to a 5-1 start and some people here are complaining.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Well, of course, mem, we complain.  Isn't that what being a Boston sports fan is all about?  Seriously though, the criticisms are mostly from a position of feeling that our team can be even better (and of course we all know better than Doc how to make that happen). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsAZ. Show CeltsAZ's posts

Not nearly as impressive as dominating the Raptors by 3 eh? Go away troll!!

[QUOTE]   P.S.   I thought this is the 3rd year!?!   Anyway, they beat a "tough Bucks team" ???   Come on!   Tough Bucks team if for the middle of pack type teams.   Not if you are a so called elite team.   If they have to go down to the wire against a Bucks type team every night, then what I say is true.   While they're winning on the last play, the Lakers and Heat are winning by 10 or more on the road.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]The C's are off to a 5-1 start and some people here are complaining.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I find that amusing as well.

Celtics fans should make the very most of this season. Because I think there will be a lot for them to complain about once this current 'window' shuts.

Just strap yourselves in, enjoy the trip and make the VERY most of this season. You could very well win a championship!

I think some folks just like to complain for the sake of complaining, or complain to push their own agendas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude12000. Show okdude12000's posts

Re: DON'T YOU THINK MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO GET BIG BABY SIGNED?

i think they better get him signed and quick ,or someone will steal him away and celtics will get nothing!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id agree with same old dance if we're talking about blowing dbl digit leads late in the game. This team has perfected that.

Sooner or later we're gonna lose our fair share of 4th qtr nail biters.  We must be letting up and Doc needs to figure it out. Also, two very important observations Ive been making since last year.

1. Pierce has to drop iso's and picknrolls at the line. IT aint workin, hasnt for a long time. How many times we have to get burned? Not only have teams figured how to smother it, theyre stealing the ball from PP and when PP flails his arms for calls, the refs are smirking and not giving to him. They've seen the light and so should Doc

2. Ray Allen cannot dribble or handle the ball PERIOD! His passes are usually soft, he always gets in trouble in a crowd and for some reason likes to dribble to the corner or baseline and get trapped with nowhere to go. Why is he handling the ball?

Sections
Shortcuts