Same old dance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Same old dance

Well, it's a team that has been in 2 of the last 3 Finals and won once. It's a players league, Pao Gasol had an MVP Finals (yeah, Kobe got it, but Pao won that series for the Lakers), and Artest had a great game 7. I will say, the one player the Celtics have not replaced well is Posey; last year Sheed came close, especially in the playoffs when he started playing hard. But this year, they decided to go big (JON and Shaq) and Delonte fell in thier lap for a shooter off the bench.  I hope Harangody can crack the rotation because I think he is going to be a scorer in this league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Same old dance?  If it means another year of being a title contender, I can live with that.

I agree that the C's have never replaced what Posey gave them.  Posey had a real hard edge that is hard to quantify with stats.

Looking foward to Delonte West playing.  I think he's going to be a major contributor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Watching last night's game it became apparent that many of players were forcing their shots and not setting up many of their floor schemes adequately.  We all could see this and it doesn't help that Pierce had only 10 points for the game.  The bench continues to improve and that is so important for the older guys getting into this season.  They are going to be a competitive team no matter and I just hope that injuries don't affect the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

i am amazed at this crap. come on. seriously. the celtics are real contenders this year. kg scored his first six points on dunks. the starters are all getting more rest than in the past, and that will only get better with guys coming back.. perk, delonte. as far as forcing shots... were you watching the ball movement. have you noticed rondo having an all nba assist bonanza. this is real. this is the best team ince the champ squad, maybe better, more balanced, deeper.s

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Same old dance:
    Id agree with same old dance if we're talking about blowing dbl digit leads late in the game. This team has perfected that. Sooner or later we're gonna lose our fair share of 4th qtr nail biters.  We must be letting up and Doc needs to figure it out. Also, two very important observations Ive been making since last year. 1. Pierce has to drop iso's and picknrolls at the line. IT aint workin, hasnt for a long time. How many times we have to get burned? Not only have teams figured how to smother it, theyre stealing the ball from PP and when PP flails his arms for calls, the refs are smirking and not giving to him. They've seen the light and so should Doc 2. Ray Allen cannot dribble or handle the ball PERIOD! His passes are usually soft, he always gets in trouble in a crowd and for some reason likes to dribble to the corner or baseline and get trapped with nowhere to go. Why is he handling the ball?
    Posted by Karllost

Please dial 1-800- Help Doc Out and let him know your observations.  I am sure he could use the help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

In Response to Same old dance:
        C's appear to be same team as last yr.   We fans will continue to scratch our heads w/ all the close games and all the subpar performances in the 2nd of back-to-backs.   Shaking our heads.   Foruming.   But, in the long run, we'll have to remember that it's the same team as last yr.   Minimal if any change.   In basketball, you can only have 5 players on the court.   Therfore, regardless of who is on the bench you are only gonna get so many combinations of players.   W/ the C's it's the same combinations as last yr.   Examples:  Last yr there was no shooting off the bench, this yr no shooting off the bench.   (Will DW make a difference?   We better hope so.).   No post play last yr (tho shoulda kept feeding KG in gm 7 down low, but C's weren't use to it).   Shaq will help but, we'll be on edge in last 2 min of games w/ his ft shooting.        What I'm trying to say is that if you watch the C's play it is like watching last yrs team.   Nobody can shoot from outside except RA and PP (I don't know what NR does.   He sure can't shoot).   If Shaq isn't in the game, then everybody (that includes JON) is away from the basket.   Everybody is doing the same thing.   NR, RR, MD (tho he is playing better than last yr), AB (and he hasn't even played) (damaged goods-"cough", "cough"), TA (oops.  everybody is a clone of each other.   can't tell their games apart).     What is the dance?   Same thing.   C's are never built upon.   Other than the yr of the championship, their is no improvement.   Take one step foreward, and one step back.  One step back and one step foreward.  Only one yr w/ DA and Papile were there ever 3 steps foreward.   Their tinkering never improves the team, just makes it the same or worse.    2 seasons ago, C's had a potent (tho older) offense.   There has been no building, improving of this.   Still no post players.   Still seems like PP and RA are gonna burn themselves out.   Good thing is the playoffs.   Where there are no back to backs and the games are half court...the C's strengths.   But, other teams have improved.   Where the C's basically have stayed stagnant (? or older).
    Posted by docc
    37 points off the bench is not good scoring from the backup players? What the hell do you want? Tell me how many teams last night had 1/3 of their points from the bench!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

C'mon guys... It's DOCC!!!! You expected anything less than the same 'ol drivel?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Same old dance:
    The C's are off to a 5-1 start and some people here are complaining.
    Posted by mem17

The trolls are complaining.  Real fans are happy and believe that it will only get better and special.  The Lakers trolls appear most worried.

Sections
Shortcuts