Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.

-

All you GM Wanna B's, you Know Better's, you Negatives, the BigThree will be back next year with Rondo.

Get used to it. Have fun with your fantasies, but try to stay connected with reality.

If you ain't a fan, then don't pretend to be a fan.

LoL

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.

In Response to Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.:

In Response to Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it. : The only change I see is a new PF as I doubt they give Davis another contract.

Posted by Mployee8

-

BAM!  You just made a light bulb go off in my stupid head.

Is that why Baby is trying too hard, trying to play hero ball, because his contract is up and he knows his days as a Celtic are numbered?  He's playing for a contract.  Durn fool!

Dammm.  Dammnmn insight hurts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re-sign Davis for cheap.  It's extremely low-risk at this point because Davis has played his way out of any kind of substantial contract

They need a defensive stopper

Otherwise, a strike-shortened season would be perfect for this team as constituted for both of the reasons I listed on my own post: less games and a longer offseason to heal up and rest up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticinMadrid. Show CelticinMadrid's posts

Only change needed is Ainge.  He needs to go for breaking up the chemistry of a potential championship team.  Hey, Danny, didn't work did it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re-sign Davis for cheap.  It's extremely low-risk at this point because Davis has played his way out of any kind of substantial contract They need a defensive stopper Otherwise, a strike-shortened season would be perfect for this team as constituted for both of the reasons I listed on my own post: less games and a longer offseason to heal up and rest up
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I agree with you about the shortened season.  If they have a season next year, it is a good possibility that it could be a shortened season.  I will be very disappointed if their is no NBA next season, but it definitely could happen. 
    Not sure what has happened to Davis during the playoffs this year.   I would imagine that Danny doesn't intend on resigning him, but you can never be sure. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the big three are back next year, hopefully with a few roster additions like a defensive-minded swingman and another big man because Shaq looks done.  How Ainge can pull this off I don't know, but if he hopes to lure Doc Rivers back for another year he better improve this roster.   

But I wouldn't put it past Danny to try to take advantage of those expiring contracts to get some pieces to rebuild with.  If he's convinced that this team has peaked and some team sees Ray or KG as the missing piece to a championship, stranger things have happened (Perk for Green for example).  I can't imagine this happening, especially with Pierce and Rondo here for the long term.

If the C's lose the Miami series I think anything is possible in terms of changes for next year.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I don't know. I can see Doc leave. Why would he stick around? He seemed frustrated a lot late this season. And if Doc goes, what does KG do?
    I think its time for a new coach, a fresh approach. But who?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.:
    - All you GM Wanna B's , you Know Better's , you Negatives, the BigThree will be back next year with Rondo. Get used to it. Have fun with your fantasies, but try to stay connected with reality. If you ain't a fan, then don't pretend to be a fan. LoL
    Posted by RajonRondowski

There will likely not be a next year and if there is it will be an abbreviated one and yes the Cs will have the same team.  And with a new CBA and potentially a hard cap, etc. there will be almost no player movement.  Imagine starting the season January 1st with a trading deadline at Feb 25th... nobody will get traded.

Then the following year the Cs would have to do a sign and trade with several guys that are close to the end just to attempt to get some players in here to replace the BIG 3.

Then when all that is done we will have a point guard that will take up 20% of the cap.....  remember how that contract was team friendly and a steal?  A point guard that can't shoot and all of a sudden won't have any hall of famers to pass the ball to......  sounds like the Cavs to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it. : The Celtics only have Pierce, Rondo, and most probably Jeff Green under contract for the 2012-13 season. Don't be surprised if Ainge keeps it that way as Dwight, CP3, and D-Will are all free-agents at the end of the 2011-12 season. Expect the Celts to be the 7th or 8th seed next season. And don't expect Ainge to make moves to improve the team's roster next season. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

You're right, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same roster next year with a vet min swing man and/or big man.  I know it makes sense to keep those contracts and aim for the FA's you mention, but just maybe a deal presents itself where picks and players come this way for a vet.  It probably makes sense to ride it out and use those salary slots.  But then again, Ainge isn't gun shy either. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I don't understand why fans conjecturing about the future of the Celtics is in some way being "disloyal" or not being a fan. Perhaps they'd like to see a different make-up to the team? Debating strategy or debating future "moves" is inherent to being a "fan." Liking the make-up of a team regardless, is akin to being brain dead. People can have views and opinions and not be disloyal fans. If the Celtics come back with fundamentally the same group next year it is going to be a disappointing year. They'll make the play-offs but they won't go anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

- All you GM Wanna B's , you Know Better's , you Negatives, the BigThree will be back next year with Rondo. Get used to it. Have fun with your fantasies, but try to stay connected with reality. If you ain't a fan, then don't pretend to be a fan. LoL
    Posted by RajonRondowski
      TAKE A PHOTO TONIGHT, THIS IS LAST TIME YOU WILL SEE THIS GROUP TOGETHER  !!!   LOCKOUT ???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would think it over before turning it over to Lawrence Frank.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted by RajonRondowski

SKI...I agree that the BIG 3 will be back next year. I read in a sports journal somewhere---don't recall the source---that Kobe could become a Celtic...UGH !!!

Remember when Jeter was not immediately gobbled up by the Yankees and there was talk the Red Sox would love him & quickly thereafter he was resigned. I do not believe the Lakers would ever let Kobe go to the Celtics. 

As a spetuagenarian I like older guys still able to compete in sports and I believe, irrespective how far the Celtics continue in the playoffs, the Big 3 have another year in them perhaps all playing 1/2 minutes. And you know, although Kobe is a DIVA, but far fetched as it is, if he did come to Boston, Garnett & group would not let him have his way as he has done with LA. With Rondo healthy next year, Jeff Green & Delonte West now more experienced working with this team, we should consider getting rid of BBD & somehow get a young powerful center. Don't know if we can get Howard, maybe need to offer Rondo with BBD and some $ & draft picks.

Any thoughts ???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Posted by RajonRondowski

I am a fan and I am not pretending.  I believe that there is a real chance that Danny will trade Rondo this off season.  He traded Perkins in a package including a draft pick.  He has publicly said that Red made a mistake by not trading Bird/McHale.  I think that Rondo is his best chip right now and Danny will put it in play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it. : I am a fan and I am not pretending.  I believe that there is a real chance that Danny will trade Rondo this off season.  He traded Perkins in a package including a draft pick.  He has publicly said that Red made a mistake by not trading Bird/McHale.  I think that Rondo is his best chip right now and Danny will put it in play.
    Posted by prakash

Just wondering?  What percentage of a hard salary cap should a point guard that can't shoot take up?  Should he take up 15% of the salary cap, 20% of the salary cap?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't understand why fans conjecturing about the future of the Celtics is in some way being "disloyal" or not being a fan. Perhaps they'd like to see a different make-up to the team? Debating strategy or debating future "moves" is inherent to being a "fan." Liking the make-up of a team regardless, is akin to being brain dead. People can have views and opinions and not be disloyal fans. If the Celtics come back with fundamentally the same group next year it is going to be a disappointing year. They'll make the play-offs but they won't go anywhere.
    Posted by walton

I agree, I get tired of the "disloyal" talk around here.  How loyal are professional athletes when they leave town for more dollars?  Talking about your team's supposed strengths and weaknesses and looking at other NBA rosters and studying their potential FAs and draft picks is done for fun.  People need to get a clue.  I'm loyal to my country, my family, my friends, etc.  I can have fun throwing trade ideas and still support my team.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

The only value the C's have to trade is Rondo + other parts, other parts being Ray or Green basically.  Baby isn't under contract next year and he could be gone but isn't the Celtics property to trade unless he is resigned.  I don't see KG or Pierce being dealt.

Best chance for next year is to return this group with a new plan in the middle, one not named Oneal and a 2 guard that allows for Ray to play less minutes and maybe come off the bench. 

After next year, when all that salary comes off the books is when the next big move will come.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Posted by walton

Right on Big Bill!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I too believe the Big 3 plus Rondo will return next year.  I also believe Jeff Green, Baby and Delonte will return.  Not so with Doc.  I think he is done.

However, I DO NOT believe each of the Big 3 plus Rondo will FINISH next season as Celtics.  They all will return but I doubt they will all be on the roster at season's end.

Although I can see the Celtics involved in a huge trade sending an expiring contract of either Ray or KG (or both) somewhere at the deadline, I honestly believe they will respect the contributions of both and let them play the season out and retire gracefully, thus opening up at least $31 million of cap space.

Depending on the CBA, that may or may not be worth much considering our salary cap figure.  That is why, from a business standpoint, the Celtics "may" have to move them if only to get back a serviceable player(s) or better who they can mold as a long-time Celtic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it. : I am a fan and I am not pretending.  I believe that there is a real chance that Danny will trade Rondo this off season.  He traded Perkins in a package including a draft pick.  He has publicly said that Red made a mistake by not trading Bird/McHale.  I think that Rondo is his best chip right now and Danny will put it in play.
    Posted by prakash

I agree & with the current hoopla (no pun intended) about Westbrook's hoisting too many shots, perhaps we could get him straight up for Rondo..Just stating

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it. : I agree & with the current hoopla (no pun intended) about Westbrook's hoisting too many shots, perhaps we could get him straight up for Rondo..Just stating
    Posted by tomobo

Click..... that is the sound on the other end when Danny proposes Rondo for Westbrook.......

Sections
Shortcuts