Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.

I didn't realize that the thunder's gm was versed in african languages..Worldly in not only basketball but african culture as well..I'm impressed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it.:
                I don't understand why fans conjecturing about the future of the Celtics is in some way being "disloyal" or not being a fan. Perhaps they'd like to see a different make-up to the team? Debating strategy or debating future "moves" is inherent to being a "fan." Liking the make-up of a team regardless, is akin to being brain dead. People can have views and opinions and not be disloyal fans. If the Celtics come back with fundamentally the same group next year it is going to be a disappointing year. They'll make the play-offs but they won't go anywhere.
    Posted by walton

Agreed, we are all die hard Celtic fans in here (most of us) so people should not be judging others on their opinions!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re-sign Davis for cheap.  It's extremely low-risk at this point because Davis has played his way out of any kind of substantial contract They need a defensive stopper Otherwise, a strike-shortened season would be perfect for this team as constituted for both of the reasons I listed on my own post: less games and a longer offseason to heal up and rest up
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

here we have a man who is THINKING!!!  i would bet that davis, after a lockout and nobody wanting to roll out a tray of money for him given his lousy playoff performance, would gladly sign for 3m or 2m for a one year deal.  and we'd be fools not to do that.

people think davis is a moron, mainly because they think he is "fat" and fat people are therefore morons.  let us not forget that he was down with the patellar tendon strain, NOT an insignificant injury and then GOT NOT ENOUGH TIME OFF thanks to doc blithers, who decided to run davis his regular minutes and never integrate jeff green properly.  sheer COACHING IDIOCY.

maybe it's not the reason why we lost, or maybe it is.  if jeff green could have come in to spell pierce and kg and davis focus more on filling the gaps in at 5, FRESHLY RESTED, then maybe this team does a lot better.

folks, you just watched the fruit of running the living dogsh*t out of an aging veteran core.  ray allen celtic career high minutes this year, pierce, way too many minutes as well.  the only one who was anywhere near properly preserved was KG.  marquis, when he was here should have played 30 minutes a game every game splitting the 2 and 3 and then we had wafer.  kg should have gotten a LOT MORE TIME OFF down the stretch as green was worked into the system, and obviously that never happened.

who knows if the above would have worked, but it would have given pierce, allen, kg and davis time to eithe rest or recuperate from injuries.  it's not like we were going to get home court, we didn't even get #2  who cares if we would have gotten number 4 if we could have rested our guys.  DUMB DUMB DUMB coaching

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I didn't realize that the thunder's gm was versed in african languages..Worldly in not only basketball but african culture as well..I'm impressed

Posted by tomobo

-

Nice.  Laughing out Loud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I don't understand why fans conjecturing about the future of the Celtics is in some way being "disloyal" or not being a fan. Perhaps they'd like to see a different make-up to the team? Debating strategy or debating future "moves" is inherent to being a "fan." Liking the make-up of a team regardless, is akin to being brain dead. People can have views and opinions and not be disloyal fans. If the Celtics come back with fundamentally the same group next year it is going to be a disappointing year. They'll make the play-offs but they won't go anywhere.

Posted by walton

-

You're right.  Conjecture about future moves does not equal dis-loyalty.

I'm not opposed to that.  I react to the crazies who come up with absolutely crazy notions like Paul or Ray coming off the bench next season. Trade KG. fire Doc and Danny.

It appears that some people think that all a GM has to do is pick up the phone and, BAM, a trade is made for the player we need.  To be understated, that's just not the way it is.

Crazy notions like trading Rondo.  The Celtics will never trade Rondo, take my word for it.  He remains the most valuable piece of the puzzle.  If they traded Rondo they would be starting over from scratch.

I label these crazies GM-Wanna B's, Know-Better's, and Negatives for a reason:  that reason is that most of the time they don't know what they are talking about.

As for dis-loyalty, I believe in supporting the team we have, not the team we had, or the team we might have. Any other type of qualified support is being less than a loyal fan in my opinion.  I believe in reality.

Go ahead postulate all the crazy trade scenarios you want, it's just irritating to me when they are not based in reality. 

Danny will make some serious changes this off-season. They will most likely not involve Paul, Ray, KG, or Rondo, but rather filling in a better supporting roster around them, a bigger deeper bench:  that makes sense and is based in reality.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Same Team Next Year - Get Used to it. : Just wondering?  What percentage of a hard salary cap should a point guard that can't shoot take up?  Should he take up 15% of the salary cap, 20% of the salary cap?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Point being?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

"Me wanting Pierce traded for Rudy Gay makes me a traitor?"

No. It just marks you as one of the crazies.

Sections
Shortcuts