Sasha in the doghouse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Sasha in the doghouse?

Anybody surprised last night to NOT see sasha starting? (I have the game taped but haven't watched it yet.)  When I looked, I saw Quis out there.

Did you catch the pregame interview where they asked doc if sasha/quis would play.  He said "one of them will" then added "maybe both."  It seemed ackward.

Again, I didn't see the game, but is shasha in the doghouse?  Personally I think he's looked pretty good (offensively better than peitrus) when he's been in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Sasha in the doghouse?

In Response to Sasha in the doghouse?:
    Anybody surprised last night to NOT see sasha starting? (I have the game taped but haven't watched it yet.)  When I looked, I saw Quis out there. Did you catch the pregame interview where they asked doc if sasha/quis would play.  He said "one of them will" then added "maybe both."  It seemed ackward. Again, I didn't see the game, but is shasha in the doghouse?  Personally I think he's looked pretty good (offensively better than peitrus) when he's been in.
    Posted by cole-ely

if he was more than 0.00000068% of what their problems consist of I would be concerned......  it is amazing to me that nobody can address the 800 pound gorilla..... the starting 5 is not enough... kind of like the government.... we know what the problems are but admitting it and doing something about it would ensure that none of us would never be elected again......  the starting 5 is not nearly enough to compete at a high level, but if we dance around who the bench is and their contribution we will be able to justify some sort of blame for their woes........  why bother?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

The starting five has consistently outscored opposing starting fives.You`d think this would be obvious since the Celts are above .500 and the bench rarely scores.Nothing is sufficiently clear for some posters to" get."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Sasha in the doghouse?:
    The starting five has consistently outscored opposing starting fives.You`d think this would be obvious since the Celts are above .500 and the bench rarely scores.Nothing is sufficiently clear for some posters to" get."
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Above 500.... not against any teams that matter.......  in a normal season when you have a contender like in basketball there is a 90 game preseason, in baseball about 190 preseason games, in football 20 preseason games.... so I look for what I would call quality wins.... the Cs have ZERO quality wins as far as I am concerned... unless of course you include beating the Bulls without Rose, beating Orlando in the heat of the trade debates, etc.... the Cs very simply cannot beat any good teams... they played 2 preseason games and have a 66 game additional preseason season, so after 68 games they will not have beaten any good teams but we are somehow supposed to believe they are a good team.... not so much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

All this is great, but doesnt' answer the topic.  And I'm sorry, dudder, if you don't find the topic important.  But please don't hijack it and turn it into another thread where you discuss your own agenda ad nauseum.

I'm not claiming sasha is the cause of or answer to our problems.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

All this is great, but doesnt' answer the topic.  And I'm sorry, dudder, if you don't find the topic important.  But please don't hijack it and turn it into another thread where you discuss your own agenda ad nauseum. I'm not claiming sasha is the cause of or answer to our problems.
    Posted by cole-ely

Sorry, In that case, Sasha should be more of a contributing factor to their inability to beat good teams.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The true problem with Dudder is that he doesn't like the Celtics. He has a series of reason why the celtics suck and the rwason's always change. I liked when he didn't post for a year after the C's won it all. According to him you can only win through the draft when you solely draft big man in the first 3 picks. You can win another way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Sasha in the doghouse? : if he was more than 0.00000068% of what their problems consist of I would be concerned......  it is amazing to me that nobody can address the 800 pound gorilla..... the starting 5 is not enough... kind of like the government.... we know what the problems are but admitting it and doing something about it would ensure that none of us would never be elected again......  the starting 5 is not nearly enough to compete at a high level, but if we dance around who the bench is and their contribution we will be able to justify some sort of blame for their woes........  why bother?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

If you don't like talking basketball why talk basketball?  

I wasn't expecting for Sasha to start but to see the ghost of Marquis Daniels in there instead of him was a bit of a surprise for certain.  Daniels is so lost out there this year.  There is no doubt that Sasha offers more.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Six of one, half  a dozen of the other.  I'd rather see JJJ and Moore, to be honest.  Bradley has proven to be a good player (maybe DA does know what he's doing!)  Now, we need to see about the other rooks.  Sasha AND Daniels will both be gone at years end, so I'm not interested in them either way.  If nothing else, they can improve their trade value.............
    But, to keep cole-ely happy..:)....I'll say play Sasha!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

welcome to doc's talent management / inability to develop a rotation issues.  with the exception of the top down cart blanche given to rondo- start him and ya gotta play him and not say a word about the stinko free throws, doc has done nothing to develop consistent rotations.  it was what got him fired in orlando.  now he's a "player's coach" in boston with 3 HOF, but you do have to start getting creative when injuries mount and two legged horse o'neal goes down like a sack of potatos.  he's only recently started playing stiseesmmessma after o'neal got wore out again like an old shoe. 

and coaches can make lemonade in the nba with a bunch of turds.  you see it happen all the time.  pavlocic should be playing minutes this season even before petrius got hurt.  look at petrus's player history- in EIGHT years in the league, he's only played over seventy games TWICE in a year, 72 and 75.....

so who but a moron wouldn't keep pavlocic loose and ready to go?
      he showed late last year that he had something left.  but this is doc ribbers- he's a real savante when it comes to rotations...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Man, the negativity is just oozing in this board right now.  We've had a nice ride with this crew and I STILL enjoy watching this team play.  Even if we go 500 and lose in the first round, this is still the golden era to me.  Watching these old guys pass the ball and win with their brains.  I live 4hrs from okc and I love the thunder and they're winning...but I'd still rather watch the c's than the thunder's showtime style of individual offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Man, the negativity is just oozing in this board right now.  We've had a nice ride with this crew and I STILL enjoy watching this team play.  Even if we go 500 and lose in the first round, this is still the golden era to me.  Watching these old guys pass the ball and win with their brains.  I live 4hrs from okc and I love the thunder and they're winning...but I'd still rather watch the c's than the thunder's showtime style of individual offense.
    Posted by cole-ely

I don't get it either.  It's been a lot of fun watching this group play.  One can be realistic and still not be angry about things.  Some people think the Celtics should win a championship every year.  Like being the winningist franchise of all time isn't enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If you're not a starter for the Cs ...then at one time during the season you will wind up in Doc's doghouse. It keeps his non-starters motivated, I guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I've been wondering when Sasha would get a real chance with this team too....

Ray Allen out for at least a couple of games ? Pietrius too ?

And Sasha can't get 15 minutes ?

I agree with everyone who posted before me - Sasha HAS looked better than Marquis - and his shooting would seem to be something that gives him the edge over Marquis.

Dooling and Marquis have looked terrible all year.

And where is JuJuan Johnson ? HUGE mistake not getting that guy into the mix already.............but how bout for the last 18 games JuJuan Johnson starts with KG and Pierce and Bass comes off the bench ? Bass still gets the crunch time minutes, but JuJuan Johnson is there to bring energy for the first half......let him use his six fouls too........C's are LAST in the NBA in rebounding and offensive rebounding......Danny had Marshon Brooks in hand and gave him away because God doesn't make too many people 6' 10" who can play basketball.

SO WHERE IS THE ROOKIE BIG WE ALL KNOW WE SO DESPERTELY NEED ???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Sasha in the doghouse? : I don't get it either.  It's been a lot of fun watching this group play.  One can be realistic and still not be angry about things.  Some people think the Celtics should win a championship every year.  Like being the winningist franchise of all time isn't enough.
    Posted by snakeoil123

but why not have the audacity to still just try to make it as good as it can be.  i really can't say that has happened.  it was PAINFULLY obvious that developing stiesmsmsmsma was in the best interest of this team.  so doc delayed doing it until o'neal was gone.

petrus prone to injury, daniels nothing of what he used to be so why ice pavlocic?  doc really hasn't even settled on who exactly the back up PG is?  it's like ADD rotations- sessions had a great game early and then nothing.  bradley has had a couple of good games.  no consistency.

the theme is constant- no consistency from the bench, no consistent rotations, injuries notwithstanding.  the depth chart is always in flux.  you don't get the best out of bench guys like that.

this has always been doc's weakness.  i just don't understand why we need him four more years after this.  the guy who held this thing together, thibodeau, is gone, you can't just fake it any more....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Sasha in the doghouse? : but why not have the audacity to still just try to make it as good as it can be.  i really can't say that has happened.  it was PAINFULLY obvious that developing stiesmsmsmsma was in the best interest of this team.  so doc delayed doing it until o'neal was gone. petrus prone to injury, daniels nothing of what he used to be so why ice pavlocic?  doc really hasn't even settled on who exactly the back up PG is?  it's like ADD rotations- sessions had a great game early and then nothing.  bradley has had a couple of good games.  no consistency. the theme is constant- no consistency from the bench, no consistent rotations, injuries notwithstanding.  the depth chart is always in flux.  you don't get the best out of bench guys like that. this has always been doc's weakness.  i just don't understand why we need him four more years after this.  the guy who held this thing together, thibodeau, is gone, you can't just fake it any more....
    Posted by aciemvp

where you been man?  Lots of dim bulbs in here nowadays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i've been trying to become re-interested in this team.  very frustrated that rivers was signed long into a rebuilding period when he doesn't do that well.  also did not like the moves in the off season.  and like with sheed, we flushed our mid level down the can with jermaine being on the books one year too many.

i had high hopes for this shortened season being a possibility to slip in and grab one.  the opportunity could still present itself but it seems mgt and doc are just not really up for being serious about playing like it matters when it comes to rotations and even last ditch signings- hollins....................................................................................................

too bad.  it would have been best to still go all out for one last ring with this group.

does anyone know: was it too late when jermaine got hurt to claim retirement injury on his contract to free up space?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Doc has said Sasha has confidence issues, could be cultural none of the role player Euro guys have played well for this team and/or they left. Marquis can slash and create his own shot when he is right, my guess is Doc is trying to see if that Marquis still exists, not a bad gamble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't know what doc is seeing, but I think sasha has looked good in the brief moments I've seen him.  Every bit as good as peitrus to be honest. Certainly better than marquis.  It can't be trying to showcase quis...too late for that.  I think doc just has his favorites.

It's not like sasha doesn't go hard...play d.  His shooting has been in a slump I guess but certainly nothing like quis.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

straight up, on this single issue of marquis vs. sasha - the obvious answer is sasha.  he does not have a recent head injury- played several years as a competent player in CLE and then just slid off the map after he left the team.  i bet he's chomping at the bit to make some money again- AND he's healthy.

marquis on the other hand was a double digit scorer in IND who never materialized for the c's as the same player at first due to COMPLETE MISUSE by Doc and then has been constantly out with one injury or another and now the head seems to have taken a lot out of him.

I don't know how it can be any simpler than that.  Figure out if Marcheese still has it in practice.  sometimes the way doc runs rotations, i swear he thinks these games are practices.  to say that doc, aside from a deft ability to draw up nice out of bounds plays, is not a good in-game coach nor a maker of sensible and consistent rotations is an understatement. 

rebuilding this team under rivers' "leadership" is going to be a real adventure.  he's going to have a steady diet of younger players and pierce next year- younger players do not respond well to yo-yo minutes...  i keep hoping he'll show signs of "becoming a better coach" and talent manager and he just keeps doing the old stuff again.

Sections
Shortcuts