Say goodbye to 'EEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Say goodbye to 'EEI

Radio station WEEI will no longer broadcast Celtic games...HMMMMNMM...maybe that's an indication that the owners of the station do not think the cost of the contract is worth what we all know will be a subpar season with others like it in the likely future.....

That alone should tell you the experts - those who have to actually pony up REAL money - don't expect much from the Sons of Stevens this year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Re: Say goodbye to 'EEI

WEEI wouldn't make guys like Felger, Mazz and the like regulars when there other shows got stale. They created there problems and now the radio guys suffer and they do a good job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Radio station WEEI will no longer broadcast Celtic games...HMMMMNMM...maybe that's an indication that the owners of the station do not think the cost of the contract is worth what we all know will be a subpar season with others like it in the likely future.....

That alone should tell you the experts - those who have to actually pony up REAL money - don't expect much from the Sons of Stevens this year.

not necessarily.. a contract is not a yearly thing, its a big pic thing.. eei is having tough times. wouldnt shock me if they got outbid by sports hub, nnc radio, or espn radio.. anyone of those would love to overpay to announce their presence in the market.  

It's precisely why they wanted the C's..something positive to market to keep old listners and attract new one's...you can't attract new listners with a whopping loser of a team.....sorry...if they are signed, and I'm also sure they will be, it won't be  for very much, and it will be a long term deal, or none at all...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I sense more fan excitement about this team, as compared to last year, and especially the curiosity, speculation and strategy of Stevens, the new players and the rebuilding process including use of the draft choices.  

As Boston Sports Media reported, "WEEI continues to circle down the drain". They have fired or replaced a number of key staff, cut costs, and contemplating going from FM to AM.  I think it had little to do with the Celtics competitiveness, but rather the realities of their finances and budget.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

"Curiosity" only goes so far in radio and also on the court.

Performance will dictate ratings and the Celtics are a gamble for any network at this time.

Sections
Shortcuts