SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???

your opinion is as valid as anyone's, bill. but why TRUMPET the same daily message on and on and on? after a few months it gets tedious.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???

Bill,

The BOLD CAPS with proclamations "do something" rather than "how about this..." is what gets old.  While he certainly isn't perfect and Shaq/JON did not turn out as hoped, DA made "big decisions" a couple of years ago when he scheduled the contracts to end as they are and the team implodes from a contract standpoint in three months. 

Right now any trade (other than RR) of RA or KG (PP makes too much $$ to be a realistic trade target) is the equivalent of an off-season FA signing.  I can't imagine DA would go sign Mo Williams to a $8.5M one year contract in the off-season but trading RA for him (just so we can "blow up" the rost) is the exact same thing and that is $8.5M that we don't have for other choices.  All of the clamoring to trade JO for _____ (Blathce or Beasley most frequently) again tie us into contacts with people that we would not sign for that amount in the off-season.  That is why they are available for trade.

Unless DA gets a significant returning piece(s), his best option - his "big decision" - is to make those choices it during the off season or maybe even hold onto some cap space for flexibility to respond to opportunities next season - the way the Pacers now have $14M in flex if the right situation comes along.  You are basically demanding/screaming that the big desicion has to made now... but without suggesting at all what that might be... the point is, IMO, the trade that will you want does not currently exist; I'd be interested in your idea on what DA is missing or should seriously consider. 

I would have traded RR for Chris Paul before the season and I would trade him right now if I thought it 1) put us no an obvious equal footing with Miami/Chicago or 2) it set us up big time for the future with a potential young rising star + draft pick(s).  Neither looks likely as in the immediate short-term the second you trade RR you no longer have a playoff caliber PG and remain  stuck behind Miami/Chicago in seed #5 - 7 range.

If you can't come up with an  option... then just postsing every day DO SOMETHING gets very one-note and boring.   The best Big Decision, IMO, may very well be to do nothing as the team blows up on its own.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bill what you say has been overwhelmed by your using of these caps.  Really you have something to say why let it be negated by using something that is an annoyance to so many. Try a thread without them and see how many more responses you get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Staying put is VERY MUCH an option if DA cannot get more talent back in trade for RR than is leaving or in RA's case a player that you would WANT to sign for whatever contract he currently has in the offseason.  If you would want Mo Williams for $8M on a one-year contract next year - then trade RA for him.  I sure as heck don't want Mo Williams on a 1-yr contract.  If that player/trade does not exist then staying put is the absolute correct choice.

Let me try to make my point a different way:

Right now the Pacers have $14M in cpa space (if I am not mistaken).  That means we could trade RR to them and receive nothing in return.  DA will have blown up the roster and only 3 people will be signed for next year.  This is a rhetorical question but would that big decision make you happy?  Of course not - at least I hope not.  Assuming not, all I am asking and I think others are asking is how much "value" - however you would define it - would be acceptable to you in return for RR?  I am sure DA is exploring everything... Telling him to in bold caps... well, very one-note, that's all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

In response to "Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???": [QUOTE]Bill what you say has been overwhelmed by your using of these caps.  Really you have something to say why let it be negated by using something that is an annoyance to so many. Try a thread without them and see how many more responses you get. Posted by concord27[/QUOTE] Yeah. And the "question marks" after a statement are annoying too.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill actually what you've been doing is saying "Trade Rondo" over and over and over again and it's trollish and tiresome. You grind that axe too much. If you had done it once or twice, fine.

You're spinning it in this post as "Danny do something" but the vast majority of your posts have been "Danny trade Rondo" and there's only so many times you can say that before we get the message. 

I think what is most frustrating to me about your posts is that you don't take into account Danny is one of the most aggressive GMs trade wise in the league. I haven't liked a lot of his recent trades but you know he isn't afraid to shake things up. What he isn't willing to do is to take on bad contracts and that's very common in these trades to have to take some crummy contract back.

So you're actually yelling at him even though he doesn't read this forum and even though you know he's working the phones every day to try to find trades of real value. 

If not, we'll have plenty of cap space off the books this summer if he can't find value. 

I've seen your Red Sox posts and I think they have more variety and are much less like the hammer you pound in here.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I put this Celtics troll on ignore.....I dont won't to read his banter!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Ever try reading glasses?? They seem to help a lot of people....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???:
    [QUOTE]  DO YOU EXPECT DANNY TO SIT TIGHT WITH THIS ROSTER ????  THIS BOARD MAY NOT LIKE ME OR UNDERSTAND ME ( I DO MUCH BETTER ON THE RED SOX SIDE)   BUT ALL I HAVE BEEN SAYING IS THAT DANNY HAS TO MAKE BIG DECISIONS FOR THE FUTURE...... IF THAT MEANS RONDO, RAY ALLEN, PP, KG, OR ANYONE, DANNY KNOWS WHAT HE HAS TO DO !!  I WOULD THINK THAT THE LAST 2 GAMES  SPEAKS VOLUMES ???   (BDC, PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS THREAD)
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

You dont do any better on the Red Sox side... YOu say the same things there as you do here..... essentially trade everyone.... or blow it up.... same tune different venue....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"??? : "LET ME BE CLEAR" ,  NOT HAVING DAILY CALLS WITH DANNY, I THINK I HAVE BEEN CLEAR THAT IF RONDO & RAY ALLEN CAN BRING VALUE (BIG GUYS, YOUNG GUYS, DRAFT PICK/S) AND IT BETTERS OUR FUTURE, THEN HE SHOULD DO IT !!!  KG's $$$$ WILL EXPIRE AT SEASON END.... ANY OTHER MOVES WILL DEPEND ON WHAT DANNY CAN GET ...... STAYING PUT IS NOT AN OPTION...  I GUESS WE WILL KNOW MORE BY THE 15TH !!!!

Saying it over and over doesnt make it more clear... it does make it more annoying .... you always say who to trade but you never say who to get in return....same thing on the Sox board....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"??? : THANK YOU......  LOOK, IM NOT YELLING OR SHOUTING...... IT'S MY EYES, AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE.......  I WISH THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WOULD JUST LOOK AT MY "WORDS OF WISDOM" AS MUSIC TO THEIR EARS !!!

Again, if its your EYES, then how is it you read and respond to everyone else's post on here....be honest SON....its for the effect......

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Dude. If you see things as they are, and you ask why and really want feedback as you claim, then listen to what everyone is telling you:

1. Turn off your CAPS
    2. Get glasses
    3. Dropp the multiple !!! and ... and " "

Otherwise you are taking the focus off your message and not be taken seriously.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"??? : Again, if its your EYES, then how is it you read and respond to everyone else's post on here....be honest SON ....its for the effect......
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE

he wont answer this question

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"???": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"??? : OH THANK YOU GREAT SMART ONE .......  NOW, SHUT THE DUCK UP !!!!  QUACK,QUACK,QUACK !!!!!!! Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] Hey captain Bill, i'm just trying to give you advice to try to help you. No need for the hostility and personal attack. Appaently you just want to continue being a sphincter hole and troll. Go back to the Red Sox forum...or were you banned for being an obnoxious troll there too?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"??? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MY POST'S..... "I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"??? : Again, if its your EYES, then how is it you read and respond to everyone else's post on here....be honest SON ....its for the effect...... Posted by CASox[/QUOTE he wont answer this question
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

I posed this questions several times and youre right, he wont answer that question....and why? because his eye excuse is total BS....he just wants attention which is fine cause I think he has got to be about 80!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, The BOLD CAPS with proclamations "do something" rather than "how about this..." is what gets old.  While he certainly isn't perfect and Shaq/JON did not turn out as hoped, DA made "big decisions" a couple of years ago when he scheduled the contracts to end as they are and the team implodes from a contract standpoint in three months.  Right now any trade (other than RR) of RA or KG (PP makes too much $$ to be a realistic trade target) is the equivalent of an off-season FA signing.  I can't imagine DA would go sign Mo Williams to a $8.5M one year contract in the off-season but trading RA for him (just so we can "blow up" the rost) is the exact same thing and that is $8.5M that we don't have for other choices.  All of the clamoring to trade JO for _____ (Blathce or Beasley most frequently) again tie us into contacts with people that we would not sign for that amount in the off-season.  That is why they are available for trade. Unless DA gets a significant returning piece(s), his best option - his "big decision" - is to make those choices it during the off season or maybe even hold onto some cap space for flexibility to respond to opportunities next season - the way the Pacers now have $14M in flex if the right situation comes along.  You are basically demanding/screaming that the big desicion has to made now... but without suggesting at all what that might be... the point is, IMO, the trade that will you want does not currently exist; I'd be interested in your idea on what DA is missing or should seriously consider.  I would have traded RR for Chris Paul before the season and I would trade him right now if I thought it 1) put us no an obvious equal footing with Miami/Chicago or 2) it set us up big time for the future with a potential young rising star + draft pick(s).  Neither looks likely as in the immediate short-term the second you trade RR you no longer have a playoff caliber PG and remain  stuck behind Miami/Chicago in seed #5 - 7 range. If you can't come up with an  option... then just postsing every day DO SOMETHING gets very one-note and boring.   The best Big Decision, IMO, may very well be to do nothing as the team blows up on its own.
    Posted by Bird-to-DJ[/QUOTE]

Good post, very objective.

Sections
Shortcuts