Scal A Bri Neeee (clap, clap, clap, clap)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Scal A Bri Neeee (clap, clap, clap, clap)

lol best cheerleader in history ... he must feel all warm inside

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speed3Bri. Show Speed3Bri's posts

Re: Scal A Bri Neeee (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Why is it you suppose fans latch on to a guy like this?  Where was the love for Eddie House or James Posey after they left?  They were super cheerleaders during their moments in Boston...  and actually contributed in memorable moments.  I don't get it.  I suppose it's nice,  but whatever...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

If you had listened to Scal on the radio after the game 7 loss, you would get this. He really understood that it was about winning. He played like that was his goal always. He was very unselfish. He was a very good team player. I am not saying those other guys weren't, but the guy had heart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Scal A Bri Neeee (clap, clap, clap, clap):
    If you had listened to Scal on the radio after the game 7 loss, you would get this. He really understood that it was about winning. He played like that was his goal always. He was very unselfish. He was a very good team player. I am not saying those other guys weren't, but the guy had heart.
    Posted by existentialparquet

Sure Scal seems like a nice guy, but let's be realistic C's fans, he's not a very good basketball player for NBA standards. Even Tony Allen was a much bigger contributor to the C's winning games as compared to Scal. I never did understand all the hoopla for Scal and I never will. He was a nice guy with the C's but very over paid. He's a minimum salary type player at best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Don't most fans see guys like Scal as an extension of themselves on a team. He's a guy of average ability who fans seem to love. Every team has one player like him. Some have more than one!

I'm sure Rivers must have thought highly of him though, he must have made a decent contribution to the team in training and even started some games didn't he?

Not a great player but one who's certainly had a fair career so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Once a Celtic always a Celtic.   I know he was not a major contributor to our team but he tried and he was one of ours

Thanks  Scal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I agree with RU.  The average fan can relate to Scal since most of us were Scals when we played and not Eddie Houses or James Poseys.

But the fans did show the love for House and Posey as well.  Remember the thunderous ovation for House the first time he came back?

I found the chant a little embarassing though.  Scal is more than some kind of reverse human victory cigar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Just a short addition.  Scal made decent contributions in his time here.  Remember the title year when KG missed nine games?  Scal sarted and the team was 7-2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Just a short addition.  Scal made decent contributions in his time here.  Remember the title year when KG missed nine games?  Scal sarted and the team was 7-2.
    Posted by pliu

True Pliu and I hope Scal is reading our posts

Thanks Scal and u will always b a Celtic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I don't know what it is but people even cheer for him in other arenas like I was at nets celtics last season and there was a similar chant... not as loud or as long.. but a chant none-the-less ??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Why is it you suppose fans latch on to a guy like this?  Where was the love for Eddie House or James Posey after they left?  They were super cheerleaders during their moments in Boston...  and actually contributed in memorable moments.  I don't get it.  I suppose it's nice,  but whatever...
    Posted by Speed3Bri

In total agreement. I thought it was very strange, cheering a sub-par bench warmer who in one game committed 4 or 5 fouls in 2 or 3 minutes.

My hunch is that he was the "Great White Hope", since he was the only white player during the Championship year and the year afterwards.

Who knows??

*shrugs*

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Scal A Bri Neeee (clap, clap, clap, clap) : In total agreement. I thought it was very strange, cheering a sub-par bench warmer who in one game committed 4 or 5 fouls in 2 or 3 minutes. My hunch is that he was the "Great White Hope", since he was the only white player during the Championship year and the year afterwards. Who knows?? *shrugs*
    Posted by Waynestarr

I wonder that as well but I think u r 100 percent correct but is Luke the next Scalabreene   But I think that Luke has more game than Scal.   Even my black friend who is a bballer also likes Luke's game and  he followed him  from his Notre Dame games. he told me that Luke has a nice game and can shoot.  Go Celtics   

Sections
Shortcuts