Scal to d-league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Scal to d-league

i just saw on TV where scal and mark Jackson are at odds. 

i liked Jackson ok as a player, but hated him as a commentator.  I thought the warriors were doomed to fail with him at the helm.  Up until recently I seemed to be very wrong, but maybe i was right after all.  Perhaps the warriors have talent such that they should be doing better?

they said Jackson had similar problems with a coach last year.  I wonder what they disagreed on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Scal to d-league

Heres an article

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2014/03/25/report-warriors-mark-jackson-forced-assistant-to-be-reassigned/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Jackson had the problem lasy year as well...he personally hird Scal, then had the same problem with him too...looks like ownership is going to judge jackson on this as well as record, he might not make it past this season....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Thats the implication of some of the articles.  

Maybe Jackson tried to pull that line on scal about lebron being a better passer than Larry bird.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Jackson tried to pull that line on scal about lebron being a better passer than Larry bird.   

[/QUOTE]

LOL...could be!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Hey Mel, where  is Rusty?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The player LeBron reminds me of most is Bird.  

I used to say Magic, if anyone had the cajones to play LeBron at point with towers along the frontline and finishers, they really could have played showtime basketball, but if they decided to run a "slow them down" methodical game like the Spurs now or Celtics of old, than LeBron would be Bird.  

Check the stats, they're almost identical.  Bird was a better rebounder, they were dead even as passers, even on steals, even on blocks, even on field goal percentage, Bird better three point shooter but LeBron has a chance to catch him, Bird was a substantially better free throw shooter which says more about the modern NBA player and their craftsmanship.

Until now Bird is still the better player, more of a dead eye shooter like Durant, but LeBron is still pretty impressive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The player LeBron reminds me of most is Bird.  

I used to say Magic, if anyone had the cajones to play LeBron at point with towers along the frontline and finishers, they really could have played showtime basketball, but if they decided to run a "slow them down" methodical game like the Spurs now or Celtics of old, than LeBron would be Bird.  

Check the stats, they're almost identical.  Bird was a better rebounder, they were dead even as passers, even on steals, even on blocks, even on field goal percentage, Bird better three point shooter but LeBron has a chance to catch him, Bird was a substantially better free throw shooter which says more about the modern NBA player and their craftsmanship.

Until now Bird is still the better player, more of a dead eye shooter like Durant, but LeBron is still pretty impressive.

[/QUOTE]

How do you figure dead even as passers?? If it has to do with assists, then Id put up an argument since Lebron has the ball in his hands much more than Bird, as Lebron is the Point Forward on the Heat.

I just dont get it comparing stats.... stats are one part but not the gold standard. For example, who do you want taking the last shot of the game? Which player do you think got his teammates to over acheive and step up? If anything, the knock on Lebron has been nobody else on his teams (Cavs & Heat) step up, that he hads to go it alone. You heard it last night vs the Pacers.

Lebron used to ball hog alot more than he does now... his game has improved alot the last few years.. Isnt it a shame we cant say the same about Rondo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do you figure dead even as passers?? If it has to do with assists, then Id put up an argument since Lebron has the ball in his hands much more than Bird, as Lebron is the Point Forward on the Heat.

I just dont get it comparing stats.... stats are one part but not the gold standard. For example, who do you want taking the last shot of the game? Which player do you think got his teammates to over acheive and step up? If anything, the knock on Lebron has been nobody else on his teams (Cavs & Heat) step up, that he hads to go it alone. You heard it last night vs the Pacers.

Lebron used to ball hog alot more than he does now... his game has improved alot the last few years.. Isnt it a shame we cant say the same about Rondo

[/QUOTE]

Both have averaged 6 assists per game over their career so far...

What is your unhealthy fascination with Rondo, this thread had nothing to do with Rondo?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Mel, where  is Rusty?

[/QUOTE]

No clue...none at all...hopefully he's taking a break...he needs it...I finally put all the "babe" affiliated BB haters on ignore...I'm much happier now...he should do the same

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Speaking of passing sense this went to rondo, I personally think rondo is the best passer I've seen since bird and magic, in terms of  being able to find a creative way to get a ball to any specific point from any point.  And he makes those fun, flashy passes like bird.

lebron is a lot like magic.  Freight train in the open court, so lots of opportunities.  But magic was also a great passer.  Natural, born passer who sees things on the court nobody else sees.

lebron is an efficient passer, but he doesn't have that kind of court vision, thank God.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

Speaking of passing sense this went to rondo, I personally think rondo is the best passer I've seen since bird and magic, in terms of  being able to find a creative way to get a ball to any specific point from any point.  And he makes those fun, flashy passes like bird.

lebron is a lot like magic.  Freight train in the open court, so lots of opportunities.  But magic was also a great passer.  Natural, born passer who sees things on the court nobody else sees.

lebron is an efficient passer, but he doesn't have that kind of court vision, thank God.

[/QUOTE]

LeBron has great court vision and court sense...he passes adequately but commands the entire floor in a way neither Bird nor Magic did...he's a "force", powerful and speedy who makes very fast decisions while on the move designed for himself more than anyone else...he makes his team better by doing things designed for himself THEN passing if he sees his pathway closed...Bird and Magic more often than not were team options first, their option last.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Bird and Magic ...couple of greatest all time...along with MJ

Lebron a propped up figure head for the NBA...supported by the NBA and refs. Never called on those bull rushes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bird and Magic ...couple of greatest all time...along with MJ

Lebron a propped up figure head for the NBA...supported by the NBA and refs. Never called on those bull rushes.

[/QUOTE]

The NBA has absolutely the worst double standard of all the pro sports leagues...if you're a rookie and not the #1 draft choice, you never get a call your way, especially when you're on D...if you're a recognozed star, you ALWAYS get a call..the bigger the star the more lopsided the reffing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What is your unhealthy fascination with Rondo, this thread had nothing to do with Rondo?"

no one knows...but my theory is that Rondo spray painted his car.

"Until now Bird is still the better player, more of a dead eye shooter like Durant, but LeBron is still pretty impressive."

I put a lot of stock in clutch last minute free throws and shots, and that's where Bird has the clear edge, so I give Bird the slight edge as a player. 

I also take into account defense and athleticism, where LeBron has a decisive edge (and a bigger body and frame).. LeBron has a chance to go down as near the greatest ever, or he could fade if he gets some injuries or winds up on bad teams. 

I'll put Bird ahead of him and I'm not a LeBron fan but he is far more of a player than I gave him credit for a few years ago.