Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow

Can't we all just get along?  We ALL say stupid things on here.  I myself have even been incorrect once or twice  (okay, ONCE....:)  )  But we are all Celtics fans.  Ray, Paul, Antoine, Larry  - does it matter?- at least we are not fighting with the trolls.

My attitude is - I will fight a troll to the death (usually theirs), but I will tend to leave 90% of Celtics fans alone.  Disagree?  Sure!  Say I don't like their trade ideas?  Sure!  But attack and be malicious?  No way.  Won't we ALL be happy when we win it this year?  Won't we ALL say Danny is a genius when/if he makes a move?

How many of us last year thought Danny was crazy for not trading RA at the deadline?  Count me in as one of those. BUT...........he knew what he was doing then, and he still does.  He knows the league and its' players better than we do.  He kept PP, and jettisoned AW.  Half of us said he was wrong - but he was right.  How many of us were unhappy when Posey left?  DA said NO to 4 years, and he was right again!!  Seriously, this stuff is petty and beneath both of you.

Now I want you both to go to a neutral corner, take a deep breath, and promise to leave each other alone!!!!!!!!!..............:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I don't a Celtic fan is a Celtic fan if he says he's happy every time Paul Pierce misses a last second shot to win the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on P34, everyone is begging you to give it a rest.  You can have some good posts about basketball but this silly "hatfield/McCoy's" feud you keep going is way overboard, man.   

I'm not defending KyCeltic, but I'm with Hedley and Petey and a bunch of others who all suggest that you should really give it a rest.  You've made your point and KY has made his.  time to move on....PLEASE!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]I don't a Celtic fan is a Celtic fan if he says he's happy every time Paul Pierce misses a last second shot to win the game.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You have a legitimate point, yes you do!  His non-Pierce related posts, however, suggest a fan with a lot of passion. When Greenwell played for the Sox, I was LESS happy if they won because he got the game winning-hit.  I was still happy, I just couldn't stand Mike Greenwell. 
    He should just be happy that we won, regardless of how we won.  But YOU should still not sink to that level, either.  Do you think Paul Pierce is one of the greatest Celtics ever?  Do you think you are in the majority?  Then what does it matter what anyone else thinks!!  You will never change his mind, so I think (yes I know no one asked) that you two should just co-exist as loyal Celtics fans with the rest of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Come on P34, everyone is begging you to give it a rest.  You can have some good posts about basketball but this silly "hatfield/McCoy's" feud you keep going is way overboard, man.    I'm not defending KyCeltic, but I'm with Hedley and Petey and a bunch of others who all suggest that you should really give it a rest.  You've made your point and KY has made his.  time to move on....PLEASE!!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to give it a rest. If you check his latest post today, January 29, 2011, you'll understand why.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow : You have a legitimate point, yes you do!  His non-Pierce related posts, however, suggest a fan with a lot of passion. When Greenwell played for the Sox, I was LESS happy if they won because he got the game winning-hit.  I was still happy, I just couldn't stand Mike Greenwell.  He should just be happy that we won, regardless of how we won.  But YOU should still not sink to that level, either.  Do you think Paul Pierce is one of the greatest Celtics ever?  Do you think you are in the majority?  Then what does it matter what anyone else thinks!!  You will never change his mind, so I think (yes I know no one asked) that you two should just co-exist as loyal Celtics fans with the rest of us.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Check his latest post and you'll understand why this keeps going on and on.

Don't be fooled by his bum kissing tactics. After he made a lot of enemies by proclaiming Antoine Walker as the greater Celtic than Paul Pierce, he tried to make up for it by apologizing to you and telling you how he enjoys reading your posts.

You and I don't like the trolls, to say the least, well kyceltic is one of them. He just pretends to be a Celtic fan so that he has an excuse to hate on Paul Pierce.

I can understand not liking Paul Pierce as a person. But when you say Pierce's talent in basketball is only equal to that of Scal's, then you be the judge, hedley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE] I can understand not liking Paul Pierce as a person. But when you say Pierce's talent in basketball is only equal to that of Scal's, then you be the judge, hedley.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I think you're nuts arguing with someone who says something like that. Do you have too much time on your hands?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow : I think you're nuts arguing with someone who says something like that. Do you have too much time on your hands?
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

The internet is so common these days I can post here anytime I want. Even when I'm at the office.

I'm not arguing with anyone, just pointing out that you can't be a Celtic fan and at the same time a Paul Pierce hater. One poster here is trying to fool everybody into thinking that he's a Celtic fan. Only shows up when Pierce is not playing well or if the Celtics lost. And when the Celtics do lose he blames it all on Paul Pierce.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Comparing Pierce to Kobe, is like comparing Scal to Bird."

That's insulting the intelligence of the Boston Celtics fans right there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I'm thinking p34 might be pierce himself..It's the only logical conclusion

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]I'm thinking p34 might be pierce himself..It's the only logical conclusion
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Plus lightsaber, Tachometrix,and Connecting Rod, and a couple more that i'm saving!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow : You have a legitimate point, yes you do!  His non-Pierce related posts, however, suggest a fan with a lot of passion. When Greenwell played for the Sox, I was LESS happy if they won because he got the game winning-hit.  I was still happy, I just couldn't stand Mike Greenwell.  He should just be happy that we won, regardless of how we won.  But YOU should still not sink to that level, either.  Do you think Paul Pierce is one of the greatest Celtics ever?  Do you think you are in the majority?  Then what does it matter what anyone else thinks!!  You will never change his mind, so I think (yes I know no one asked) that you two should just co-exist as loyal Celtics fans with the rest of us.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Here's what i said, use your own interpertation.  When asked if i was happy when Pierce missed a last second shot. I replied "If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, I'd be estatic".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow :  Here's what i said, use your own interpertation.  When asked if i was happy when Pierce missed a last second shot. I replied "If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, I'd be estatic".
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Not so fast, kyceltic! Here's what you actually wrote.

"If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, i'd be estatic by now!"

Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?

posted at 1/22/2011 11:41 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/30/2011
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?:
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : Still, you haven't answered my question, are you happy that the Celtics lost because Pierce missed?
    Posted by P34

If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, i'd be estatic by now!Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

As you can see, that was written after the Celtics lost to the Wizards, when Pierce missed that jumper over Andray Blatche. 

"If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, i'd be estatic by now!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

I think Kobe has been better than Pierce. But the difference between those two is nowhere near the grand canyon between Scal and Bird. P34 has proven his case. The other person appears to be a fake Celtics' fan. He can only come back with these unproven allegations of multiple usernames.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Ky said, "You don't have to be black to need ebonics." Dudder made a racist post about Perk, and Che and Ky, two outsiders from Massachusetts, said he didn't. Strangely enough the three also have very similar views on Rondo and Perk.

In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency:
    In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : immature thug texas drawl needing ebonics class was DUDDER on Perk that is racist, everyone already knows that Dud's rep is trash on this board, but i was offended
    Posted by rameakap

You don't have to be black to be a thug, you don't have to be black to have a Texas drawl, you don't have to be black to need ebonics. That was not very nice, but it was not racist!! Would you have been offended if Perk was white?

Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency

posted at 1/5/2011 5:45 PM EST

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/30/2011
    In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency:
    In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : immature thug texas drawl needing ebonics class was DUDDER on Perk that is racist, everyone already knows that Dud's rep is trash on this board, but i was offended
    Posted by rameakap

You don't have to be black to be a thug, you don't have to be black to have a Texas drawl, you don't have to be black to need ebonics. That was not very nice, but it was not racist!! Would you have been offended if Perk was white?

If Perk was white, Dudder wouldn't have said Perk needs ebonics. If that's not trolling, then nothing is. I'm probably the next one to be accused of being P34 by the troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]"Comparing Pierce to Kobe, is like comparing Scal to Bird." Re: Pierce still an All-Star posted at 1/29/2010 1:09 AM EST www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1346 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 1/29/2011  Comparing Pierce to Kobe, is like comparing Scal to Bird.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]yep, its an insult to PIERCE!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow : yep, its an insult to PIERCE!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

You can't fool Me!!  HAHAHA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Ky said, "You don't have to be black to need ebonics." Dudder made a racist post about Perk, and Che and Ky, two outsiders from Massachusetts, said he didn't. Strangely enough the three also have very similar views on Rondo and Perk. In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : immature thug texas drawl needing ebonics class was DUDDER on Perk that is racist, everyone already knows that Dud's rep is trash on this board, but i was offended Posted by rameakap You don't have to be black to be a thug, you don't have to be black to have a Texas drawl, you don't have to be black to need ebonics. That was not very nice, but it was not racist!! Would you have been offended if Perk was white? Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency posted at 1/5/2011 5:45 PM EST   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1348 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 1/30/2011 In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : immature thug texas drawl needing ebonics class was DUDDER on Perk that is racist, everyone already knows that Dud's rep is trash on this board, but i was offended Posted by rameakap  You don't have to be black to be a thug, you don't have to be black to have a Texas drawl, you don't have to be black to need ebonics. That was not very nice, but it was not racist!! Would you have been offended if Perk was white? If Perk was white, Dudder wouldn't have said Perk needs ebonics. If that's not trolling, then nothing is. I'm probably the next one to be accused of being P34 by the troll.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Such anger, and to think i offered to give you money so you could join Sam's board. That was before i found out that they kicked you off!

You need to go out and hug a Vet and tell him or her what a great job the're doing, and how proud of them you are.  I am sure glad you're siding with P34, because i wouldn't want your kind anywhere near the side i'm on!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let's not bring others into this. I don't have anyone on ignore - I read them all.  I don't enjoy Dudder's or the Old Fool's too much, but I still read them.  PP and RA are both great players, both Hall-of-Famers.  I know neither of them personally, but from what I've read and witnessed, I would say Ray is the "classier" of the two, while Paul is the overall better player.  Now some people can't get past the classy part, and will hate for those reasons.  Does Pete Rose deserve to be in the HOF?  YES!!!  But, he won't be because of some archaic rule about character, which he violated.  Kareem?  Racist.  John Thompson?  Racist.  koME?  change the "c" to a "p".  Even Bird ignored his own daughter he fathered out of wedlock. 

BUT, as a basketball player, if you say PP is not very good, or not a Hall-of-Famer, then there are only two possibilites:
    1.  You know squat about basketball.
    2.  You WANT to start a squabble and have found a willing adversary.

Either way, I say let him rant, and don't respond.  I think he is a Celtics fan.  I could be wrong.  IF he isn't, then it will show itself soon enough, and I will issue enough mea culpas on here to last a lifetime.  But, I think he is, he just doesn't like Pierce.   I know how you feel though, my Dad (rest in peace), used to try to get my goat (on purpose) saying, "Did Yaz blow the game again?"  Knowing Carl Michael Yastrzemski was my favorite athlete BB  (before basketball).  It always worked, until I figured out what he was doing!!  Thank God the man actually LIKED Bird and Cowens!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

there's no on this board a bigger Celtic fan then i am!!  I also like the  Cardinals in baseball, and the redskins, and believe me there are plenty of players on both teams i can't stand. Louisville is my favorite college team, do you think i like their coach?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow : lol, who would listen to the opinions of this worthless bandwagon fan? This dude picks and chooses teams out of a hat. F*ck this guy. Try rooting for the home team you do*che.
    Posted by fitz0527[/QUOTE]

Tell me which teams are my home teams?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scal versus Kobe Tomorrow : lol, who would listen to the opinions of this worthless bandwagon fan? This dude picks and chooses teams out of a hat. F*ck this guy. Try rooting for the home team you do*che.
    Posted by fitz0527[/QUOTE]It's some redneck racist who has nothing to do with Massachusetts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KyCeltic,
    You are now digging yourself even deeper. What kind of Celtic's fan likes the Cardinals and the Redskins?  Defend yourself but your credentials are shaky.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]KyCeltic, You are now digging yourself even deeper. What kind of Celtic's fan likes the Cardinals and the Redskins?  Defend yourself but your credentials are shaky.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What does my liking the Cardinals and Redskins, have to do with me liking the Celtics? The Red Sox, and the Patriots, are not many Kentuckians favorite teams. But most of us love the C's!!