Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan

Lebron is great, but he is no Michael Jordan.

MJ played better defense and offense lest we forget it. He drew so much attention, that alone makes the people on the floor with him better, nevermind what he demanded verbally and his playmaking ( 10 assists per game one season?)

Come on Scottie, don't get caught up in the moment buddy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6599168&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan

I found it kind of ridiculous too. But the fact that it is coming from Jordan's "sidekick" will give it credibility with the media.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan:
    Scottie is right and Lebron is a better defender. Lebron can guard 4 postions. There is no way Jordan could keep pfs off the boards.
    Lebron is a better passer and rebounder.
     Jordan won 6 titles,because he had no competetion. He never would have won 6 titles,if he has to play Bird and the Celtics and Magic and the Lakers in their primes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

lets not be haters. i think scottie is in the BEST position to compare the two. i always thought kobe was never jordan. hated the comparison. lebron is the closest i have ever seen. he is defensively every bit the equal of jordan. jordans uniqueness was his body type. bron has the same type and is 2 inches taller and bigger as well. no way could mj guard a dirk. bron could do it for their is only a 4 inch difference opposed to a 6 inch ine. baby play center at 6'6"m bron could play him as well. offensively, bron clearly has more range at this point. his postups are lacking. overall, at this point purely on talent, the two are equal. once bron wins a ring, its on. if he gets to 6 and wins the mvp in tose finals as did mj, he may go down as the BETTER player. bron going to join wade will take points off. jordan was always the man and strw everything  gravitated towards. but make no doubt, bron is closest to jordan than anyone else!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan : Scottie is right and Lebron is a better defender. Lebron can guard 4 postions. There is no way Jordan could keep pfs off the boards. Lebron is a better passer and rebounder.  Jordan won 6 titles,because he had no competetion. He never would have won 6 titles,if he has to play Bird and the Celtics and Magic and the Lakers in their primes.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

No Competition.

You should just pipe down buddy.

You are not making yourself look good.

Clyde Drexler's Trailblazers, Magic's Lakers, Barkley's Suns, Isaiah's Pistons, Ewings Knicks, Malone's Jazz, Kemp's Sonics, Olajuwon's Rockets, were all better teams than most that are in the NBA right now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]lets not be haters. i think scottie is in the BEST position to compare the two. i always thought kobe was never jordan. hated the comparison. lebron is the closest i have ever seen. he is defensively every bit the equal of jordan. jordans uniqueness was his body type. bron has the same type and is 2 inches taller and bigger as well. no way could mj guard a dirk. bron could do it for their is only a 4 inch difference opposed to a 6 inch ine. baby play center at 6'6"m bron could play him as well. offensively, bron clearly has more range at this point. his postups are lacking. overall, at this point purely on talent, the two are equal. once bron wins a ring, its on. if he gets to 6 and wins the mvp in tose finals as did mj, he may go down as the BETTER player. bron going to join wade will take points off. jordan was always the man and strw everything  gravitated towards. but make no doubt, bron is closest to jordan than anyone else!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Do you know he effective played Vlade Divac in the finals, a much better post player than Dirk?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with Scottie, stop the hate, we are all Witness of the greatest player in the history of the NBA. So sit back and enjoy. Just wait until his career is over.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Hmm, too bad we'll never see him whoop Kobe in the finals (thanks Jimmy!) 

You can put your trust in Buss on that. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with Scottie, stop the hate, we are all Witness of the greatest player in the history of the NBA. So sit back and enjoy. Just wait until his career is over.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

The Pistons ansd Lakers both were old,before the Bulls beat them. Utah was old and the Blazers and Sonics were both flawed teams. The Suns were old too.

Jordan never faced the Rockets!
     Lebron has had to face tougher teams(Celtics big 3, a loaed Pistons team, and a 4 time champion Spurs.
    Those 3 teams were better then any Jordan beat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

lebron is smaller than Dirk. Dirk will shoot over him.

Put your trust in Buss

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan : Do you know he effective played Vlade Divac in the finals, a much better post player than Dirk?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]no. good point. agian simply by being 2 inches taller makes bron the better defender.. period! bron certainly has more dramatic blocks than mj. willing to bet he has a higher per block ratio than jordan. never saw guys as intimidated to do a layups with mj around as they are with james. no debate from me with bron being at the least mj's equal defensively. the only edge jordan clearly has were with his quicker hands when it comes to steals. 

my problem with listening to scotty is that he also said that bron is the BETTER player and that jordan was only the better scorer. purely in passing, i give bron a slight edge. rebounding, again because of the height edge all things being equal i give bron the edge. so the difference really comes down strictly to INTANGIBLES and purely with rings and overall dominance. mj never had a wade and a bosh to help with the water so he could showcase other talents. so yeah, as of now i give jordan the edge as the better overall player. 

but again, that gap could close big time as bron wins. in time when we rank great players, we'll say jordan and bron then debate everyone else like russell,  chamberlain, olajuwon, shaq, and kobe. then we'll bring in the pippens, dwayne wades, karl and moses malone, dirk, isaiah, and so forth.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Pippen should put down the pipe. MJ would eat LeBron's lunch just on sheer competitiveness.

For me it's all about titles. I don't like to see anyone get anointed and given labels without earning them. LeBron has a long way to go. His jumper is looking deadly but people tend to forget the things MJ did on the court. We'll see how good LeBron can play defense by covering the 7-0 Dirk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

This is coming from the dude who sat out that crucial play because it was called for kukoc. Jordan got him rings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan : Scottie is right and Lebron is a better defender. Lebron can guard 4 postions. There is no way Jordan could keep pfs off the boards. Lebron is a better passer and rebounder.  Jordan won 6 titles,because he had no competetion. He never would have won 6 titles,if he has to play Bird and the Celtics and Magic and the Lakers in their primes.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

This has to be one of the dumbest things iv ever heard. Seriously this is top 5 easy! I dont like people calling other people names , but you sir are a moron. You knows maybe thats your thing , being a idiot , but that doesnt mean we cant call you on it. First off the fact that you think LJ is a better defender the MJ is a joke. And the fact that LJ could defend 4 positions means nothing , does he actually defend PF's no. He doesnt ever guard 1-2's ... wait so the fact that he covered Rose for the last few mins of a couple games makes him a better defender? MJ is a better defender period and could also cover multiple positions , 1-2 ans 3's. On the O end its not even comparable , im not going to waste anyones time and mine explaining to a 12 y/o how MJ is a better O player. He could get to the hole at will and was as good a finisher weve ever seen! He could shoot from anywhere on the floor and drew much more attention the LJ its not even funny. And the last part of your stupid arguement was that MJ had no competition Are you kidding me , thats the thing that seperates MJ from the rest! How many of the top 50 players did he beat? LMFAO He beat Magic in 91' you loser and your going to cry about being in his prime , garbage! Im not going to list every player but take a look at who played for the teams he beat. Lakers , Port TB , Suns , Rockets , Pacers , Knicks , Heat , Cav's ( some pretty decent talent on those late 80/early 90's teams ) , SuperSonics , Magic , Jazz , and Pistons to get to or win a ring. Anyone who actual watched basketball in the 80's and 90's will tell you that period of time might have been the best ever in terms of the talent that was in the game , the competition among individual players and teams and the level of play. Saying that MJ never beat anyone absolutely makes you a moron! And im sorry but i have to say it , this years playoffs look like 2002 all over again. The calls that the Heat are getting is making this game a joke. Chi has a bigger , more talented , more physical front court than Mia and Mia had 2-3 times more FT's when they PLAYED IN CHI. People arnt even touching Wade , LJ and the refs are sending them to the line. Teams would absolutely kill MJ back in the day , does anyone remeber the JORDAN RULES?!?! It was an absolute FACT that teams would try and punish him and it worked for a few years. LJ cant get touched  , its a joke! Compare the game then and now and its an absolute joke. Football is getting the same way where you cant touch anyone.

I know some might think i was harsh but any moron defending Pip , lol after Pip called MJ just a scorer lol. Wow must suck being Pip , so bitter after all these years. And this is coming from a guy that was and is a huge Pip fan. First basketball jersey i ever got was his #8 i think it was from the dream team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Todays Heat team would STRUGGLE to be a 5-6th seed in the East during the 90's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Pippen should put down the pipe. MJ would eat LeBron's lunch just on sheer competitiveness. For me it's all about titles. I don't like to see anyone get anointed and given labels without earning them. LeBron has a long way to go. His jumper is looking deadly but people tend to forget the things MJ did on the court. We'll see how good LeBron can play defense by covering the 7-0 Dirk.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]not too sure about that. lebron is only man ever born who could defensively force mj to do things he doesnt like. can match his competitveness, height, foot speed, and jumping ability ebough to actually block or alter his shots.  bron could outjump mike and keep his shot from being blocked. they are both equals as athletes, its the 2inches bron has that gives him the edge. size matters!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scottie Pippen must be envious of Jordan : not too sure about that. lebron is only man ever born who could defensively force mj to do things he doesnt like. can match his competitveness, height, foot speed, and jumping ability ebough to actually block or alter his shots.  bron could outjump mike and keep his shot from being blocked. they are both equals as athletes, its the 2inches bron has that gives him the edge. size matters!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Did you really just say that bron could match MJ in terms of competitvness? Are you serious? You do realize your talking about a guy that absolutely quit on his team last year right?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Pippen is clearly a bitter jealous old man. It's no different than how that fool Cedric Maxwell used to ramble on about Dirk being better than Bird.

The are both transparent and pathetic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

pippin is probably lashing out at Jordon who has morphed into a complete awad.

Sections
Shortcuts