Sean Williams - Good pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Sean Williams - Good pick?

he was just waived...I dont know anything about this guy but word is that C's are after Hollins and someone else..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Sean Williams - Good pick?

only if you have plenty of P-baggies...on the bench...ha,ha..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKF1kyY3qJI
    This guy leaves all on the floor...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is a tough one.

I think DA needs to call Diaw's agent and ask, straight up, what are the Celtics chances of landing him if he clears waivers tomorrow?

If Diaw has no plans to come to Boston, then I'd go after Fesenko, Leon Powe and Sean Williams, in that order.

If Diaw's agent gives DA any indication that he "may" land in Boston (because if he had no plans, he could simply say he doesn't), I'd wait until tomorrow but I'd still have Fesenko, Powe and Williams on stand-by in that order.

Just to ensure we don't wait and still lose out, I'd waive Quis and sign Powe (if he is available).  Does anyone know if he is available?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What about Josh Powell???He looks like a Powe Clone....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Petey - I've like Fasenko all year - I agree with your order!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

He is Boston bound. Not bad from what I see on youtube.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Great pickup! If he can Get his head straight he can excel in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick?:
    [QUOTE]Great pickup! If he can Get his head straight he can excel in Boston.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

I wonder why he wasnt picked earlier if he is the guy to replace JO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I really have no opinion on Sean Williams, as I haven't seen him play in a long time.....BUT....I am almost as happy that the Jermaine O'Neal experiment is over as I was the day the Glen Davis experiment ended................ALMOST!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]I really have no opinion on Sean Williams, as I haven't seen him play in a long time.....BUT....I am almost as happy that the Jermaine O'Neal experiment is over as I was the day the Glen Davis experiment ended................ALMOST!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

oh yea.. I think Doc/Ainge waited too long to finish that JO circus..Perhaps C's would have entered with the 3erd seed..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]I really have no opinion on Sean Williams, as I haven't seen him play in a long time.....BUT....I am almost as happy that the Jermaine O'Neal experiment is over as I was the day the Glen Davis experiment ended................ALMOST!!!

wha? while i was not heartbroken to see BBD go, he was a solid player for us for several years. he was hardly an "experiment". he was as solid a role player as you'll find in this league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : wha? while i was not heartbroken to see BBD go, he was a solid player for us for several years. he was hardly an "experiment". he was as solid a role player as you'll find in this league.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

sorry, never liked his game............EVER!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : sorry, never liked his game............EVER!!

I see what your saying but the guy brought his best his first two years in Boston...then he was pretty much predictable..HOWEVER, BBD didnt mind playing rough down the post, something C's lack right now...Its ok, Bass is better

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : I see what your saying but the guy brought his best his first two years in Boston...then he was pretty much predictable..HOWEVER, BBD didnt mind playing rough down the post, something C's lack right now...Its ok, Bass is better
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

I agree  - his first two years were not bad.......my problem was he always thought (IMO), that he was better than Doc thought he was...........just the coach in me, I guess.  I respect your opinon, as well.  But, yeah, Bass is better!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Won't even play unless he has too and of course if they rest KG before the playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : I agree  - his first two years were not bad.......my problem was he always thought (IMO), that he was better than Doc thought he was...........just the coach in me, I guess.  I respect your opinon, as well.  But, yeah, Bass is better!!

I agree with you.. He totally thought he was a star when he was always just a role player... but BBD had always a winning attitude and it showed last nite.. He had good things on him..was he booed last nite??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Won't even play unless he has too and of course if they rest KG before the playoffs. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt discount him from playing. C's needed 6 more fouls knowing Greg is foul prone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : I agree with you.. He totally thought he was a star when he was always just a role player... but BBD had always a winning attitude and it showed last nite.. He had good things on him..was he booed last nite??

I can't say, as I didn't see the game - 3 hour time difference!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Sean Williams - Good pick?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : I wonder why he wasnt picked earlier if he is the guy to replace JO Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE] That part is a little concerning. Maybe the C's were apprehensive because of his reputation. I have always liked Williams as a player. He is an incredible athlete with good defensive instincts. He is a player that I wanted the C's to take a flyer on. I hope he and hollins make the playoff roster over the rooks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : I wouldnt discount him from playing. C's needed 6 more fouls knowing Greg is foul prone.

Thus if he has too. He basically replacing worthless Hollins minutes. Now if only Dooling could get a high ankle sprain. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Always been a fan of Williams... Not predicting he does anything meaningful for us but I'm happy to see him come home to Boston and get a chance. He actually played well when given time on Dallas this year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ht: 6'10"
    Wt: 235 (before puking)
    Selected 17th in 2007 by Nets
    Lawrence Frank nicknamed Williams "Le Freak Elastique"
    Has been bouncing back  and forth from the D League to NBA.
    Young enough to develop, but so far not enough.
    Hoped for contribution this year is to give starters a rest and provide some  energy off the bench.
    We will see.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Williams_%28basketball%29

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE] Now if only Dooling could get a high ankle sprain. 

haa..Oh man that guy shoots horrible...he comes in and f's the game up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : Thus if he has too. He basically replacing worthless Hollins minutes. Now if only Dooling could get a high ankle sprain. 

i hope you are kidding but how in the heck can you wish for a C's player to be hurt? no matter who it is?

thats pretty low my friend.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts