Sean Williams - Good pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Sean Williams - Good pick?

In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : i hope you are kidding but how in the heck can you wish for a C's player to be hurt? no matter who it is? thats pretty low my friend.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

It's a sprained ankle and he will be sitting on the bench come playoff time. Winning > non career threatinging  minor injury and my eyes bleeding from a someone who brings nothing to the team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Williams is a body.  If he gets on the court, Doc will tell him to play defense, contest shots, use his 6 fouls and rebound.  I don't expect that much, but the guy has NBA experience and could help rest KG when needed.  For this late in the season, I cannot see the downside.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

If this Williams guy is going to be able to help, why wasn't he signed (and O'Neal waived) much sooner?  It is hard to imagine that he will be incorporated into the offense and defense quickly enough to be able to help.

It is not like O'Neal was going to be able to play for the last six weeks.

Looking at the future, perhaps he can show that he is beyond his disciplinary issues and will get a cheap contract for next year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see a guy who wants to play versus a guy who wanted to play for someone else. I'll take the guy that wants to play for us.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

As long as we need more sexual predators and drug dealers in Boston then how could Williams be a bad pick?  Of course he is a good pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Great signing! Shot blocker and long. Now we have Steimer and Williams to defend at the rim and Rondo and Bradley defending on the perimeter. I like this team.

Bradley has really been impressive. If it wasn't for that one game Doc tinkered with the lineup against the Spurs this team would be on a tear.

Great defensive team now!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

We're simply picking him up to play these last couple of games that don't matter to us.  We won't see him in the playoffs unless something really terrible happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Not a guy I'm happy to see coming back to Boston. I don't know if y'all watch BC basketball, but some of you may remember they had a pretty dang good team in 2006/2007, only losing 8 games all year. They had the solid group of Tyrese Rice, Jares Dudley and Sean Marshall leading them. They wound up with a 7 seed and had a disappointing 2nd round tourney exit to Georgetown due in large part to the fact that Georgetown could do anything they wanted in the paint over kids like John oates, Tyrelle Blair, and Shamari Spears (who was only 6-6), while Georgetown had a guy by the name of Roy Hibbert. You may have heard of him ;)

The reason the Eagles had no inside defensive presence is because their prolific shot blocker, one Sean Williams, had been kicked out of school for once again getting picked up for drugs. He had been suspended for the first semester the previous year as well. That season the Eagles went on to be the #7 ranked team to finish the season, but could have finished even better if they had Williams in the lineup for two close losses in the first half of the season (Maryland and Michigan State). After he was kicked out, Dudley and Marshall graduated, and the team only had Rice as a legit player. They circled the drain after that and you see where they are today. An inside/outside PG/C combo of Williams and Ric would have been enough to make them at least a contending team, and would have helped with later recruiting.

No matter how you cut it, this is a guy who repeatedly let his team down then, and has done absolutely nothing to prove otherwise. He was madiocre with the Nets, but was thrown out of a bunch of D-league games and was such a distraction the team begged the Nets to recall him. They did and then cut him. Since then he's played a whopping 8 games for the mavs, including the one in the video link where he was so ready for his junk time minutes he puked all over the bench after having to be pulled from the game. The guy has, or at least had, a great nose for the blocked shot and some solid athletic ability, but he's not the kind of guy I'm liking seeing in Green.

Here's a bleacher report article on him helping to kill BC Basketball.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/330870-sean-williams-you-killed-a-small-part-of-boston-college-fans

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

And if you wanted to see how effective he'll likely be for the C's, here's his NBA highlight reel to this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAoI6-idQ_k

it's 7 plays dragged out for 2 minutes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

There are knuckleheads all over the league. Sometimes all it takes is to get in the right situation around vets that are serious and maybe a guy changes.

JON didn't have any off the court issues but he stunk on the court. So I have no problem taking a flier on SWill...high reward, low risk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Now, how many players are allowed to be in the roster for the playoffs?? C's have 15 right now 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think this is a good pickup.  I simply question the timing of it.  Everybody knew we needed to bring in some bigs with season-ending injuries to Wilcox and JON.  We've known that for the past few weeks.

Seems that Hollins and Williams could have both been brought in and integrated together into what we do and see which one distinguishes himself from the other.  But right now, Williams is at a huge disadvantage because he only has 3 games to learn the system and make "some" kind of impact - which is very unlikely.

What can we truly expect from the guy in 3 games?  You kind of can't expect much for then folks would be questioning why he wasn't picked up earlier.

I hope he plays tonight and goes for 10 and 10.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Petey,

I think part of the timing may come from Ainge/Doc now know we've won the division and need to rest some guys. It may have disrupted things if they tried to work new pickups in while they were making a push to win the division. I suspect we'll see more of Hollins now too. I would be surprised if KG plays another reg season game.

Doc should really get COY in my opinion.

The team was the 7th seed for much of the year and moved to the 4th seed. All this while losing Green, Wilcox, JON, Pietrus and speculation of trades all season. Finally inserting and playing Bradley has made the backcourt of Rondo/Bradley a good one for the next 3-5 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ok depth move i assume.....espescially since steamer cant catch a break with the refs.....and the way the refs salivate over the heat at home, we are going to need all the bigs we can get because they may be in foul trouble halfway through the 1st quarter...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? : As long as we need more sexual predators and drug dealers in Boston then how could Williams be a bad pick?  Of course he is a good pick.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Out from under your rock, i see.Want to rant about the inferior folks again, racist?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams - Good pick? :   haa..Oh man that guy shoots horrible...he comes in and f's the game up
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Dooling adds nothing positive to the team except he has fouls to use. He's easily the most physically awkward guard in the league - maybe ever, which makes watching him painful.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This guy has top tier talent, unfortunately, his head comes with it...
    But its a flyer, and you never know...KG has his work cut out...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]This guy has top tier talent, unfortunately, his head comes with it... But its a flyer, and you never know...KG has his work cut out...

Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Maybe this opportunity will be that life/mind changer, who knows!!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Don't see why the C's keep Davis around either ... The Maine Red Claws just lost Morris Almond to the Whiz and he could have fit in here nicely as a G/F.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Daniels or Dooling, because I don't think we have a Davis!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

now you tell me, I was racking my brain trying to go through the bottom of the bench for a davis

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see a guy who wants to play versus a guy who wanted to play for someone else. I'll take the guy that wants to play for us.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

As Always,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Anybody happen to notice Danny is making some pretty good moves this year when he really needs to.