Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

If Williams can pick up the Celtics defensive schemes quickly Boston will make it to the finals possibly even win it all. Let's face it Boston creates huge matchup problems for Miami. With the addition of Williams, the Celtics are even better now than when they dominated the Heat twice in 10 days. Miami has a gaping hole in their interior defense. With the addition of Williams the Heat would be forced to shoot from the perimeter. KG dominates Bosh everytime. Bradley can shut down Wade. That leaves James who will be tag-teamed by Pietrus and Pierce. The Bulls are in a downward spiral. Williams matches if not beats out Noah's hustle. KG will dominate Boozer. If Williams can pick up the C's defensive schemes Boston will be gunning for #18. The only teams that I think can challenge Boston in the West are San Antonio and OKC. OKC lacks a killer instinct. Drives me nuts everytime I see Durant doing that foolish dance before games. He's no killer. He is too soft. San Antonio plays just like Boston. Williams gives Boston the edge. SA does not have an interior presence. I hope Williams picks up the C's system...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    [QUOTE]If Williams can pick up the Celtics defensive schemes quickly Boston will make it to the finals possibly even win it all. Let's face it Boston creates huge matchup problems for Miami. With the addition of Williams, the Celtics are even better now than when they dominated the Heat twice in 10 days. Miami has a gaping hole in their interior defense. With the addition of Williams the Heat would be forced to shoot from the perimeter. KG dominates Bosh everytime. Bradley can shut down Wade. That leaves James who will be tag-teamed by Pietrus and Pierce. The Bulls are in a downward spiral. Williams matches if not beats out Noah's hustle. KG will dominate Boozer. If Williams can pick up the C's defensive schemes Boston will be gunning for #18. The only teams that I think can challenge Boston in the West are San Antonio and OKC. OKC lacks a killer instinct. Drives me nuts everytime I see Durant doing that foolish dance before games. He's no killer. He is too soft. San Antonio plays just like Boston. Williams gives Boston the edge. SA does not have an interior presence. I hope Williams picks up the C's system...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Lots of pressure with very little time ... too bad he wasn't picked up earlier when they brought Hollins in ... that guy only got three rebounds the entire game .... that's it ... no points!

Hollins is tall, he's athletic, he's tall, he's tall ... Ugh!

I hope Williams has a bigger BBIQ than I remember ... Lord knows he's got heart!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Love the way he box-out the opposing players, that's the thing we need to win against a rebounding team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'd argue Rondo is the key to getting to the finals, not an obscure bench player. He has to be able to play big guards and also play well in the half court when defenses sag off. If he plays brilliantly the Celts have enough pieces and depth to do some real damage.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    [QUOTE]I'd argue Rondo is the key to getting to the finals, not an obscure bench player. He has to be able to play big guards and also play well in the half court when defenses sag off. If he plays brilliantly the Celts have enough pieces and depth to do some real damage.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    I'll argue that you don't get to the Eastern Conference Finals because of Rhondo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]If Williams can pick up the Celtics defensive schemes quickly Boston will make it to the finals possibly even win it all. Let's face it Boston creates huge matchup problems for Miami. With the addition of Williams, the Celtics are even better now than when they dominated the Heat twice in 10 days. Miami has a gaping hole in their interior defense. With the addition of Williams the Heat would be forced to shoot from the perimeter. KG dominates Bosh everytime. Bradley can shut down Wade. That leaves James who will be tag-teamed by Pietrus and Pierce. The Bulls are in a downward spiral. Williams matches if not beats out Noah's hustle. KG will dominate Boozer. If Williams can pick up the C's defensive schemes Boston will be gunning for #18. The only teams that I think can challenge Boston in the West are San Antonio and OKC. OKC lacks a killer instinct. Drives me nuts everytime I see Durant doing that foolish dance before games. He's no killer. He is too soft. San Antonio plays just like Boston. Williams gives Boston the edge. SA does not have an interior presence. I hope Williams picks up the C's system...

How about Tim Duncan?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Watching our scrubs take the weaks scrubs to the woodshed was a testament to the chemistry, resiliency,resolve and tenacity of this team.  I thought this team had a dark horse chance to get 18this year but,the last 2 weeks I feel really really good about us going  all the way.  It may/may not be Williams, but I could one of the end guys Williams,Sasha,Dooling,Moore,Hollins maybe even 3j Johnson rising to the occasion and standing tall when the when called upon.
      This team is like a real life Disney movie ; A group of old cowboys,thought to be past their prime, a brilliant but malcontented rebellious upstart,the once highly touted turned bust bad luck kid ,the Dairy farmers son trying to make it off the farm and a rag tag group of down and outers from the land of misfit ballers come together as a team and win it all against the thugs and crooked refs hired by the evil mega billionaire from Hollywood that had cheated our team a couple years back. I think I hear the theme from Rocky playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Palovic and Williams played well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Yes, these two are keys to getting us to the finals...We know what the starters bring. With Sasha  shooting like that, and Williams giving us more than just additional fouls, we have a punchers chance...
    .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfOEgVP2U3M&feature=related
    just imagine some of these passes from Rondo or PP to Williams...
    Yeah, its possible...fingers crosssed...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Is Williams actually allowed to play in the playoffs? Thought there was a cutoff time when players had to be on the roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorwayBoy. Show NorwayBoy's posts

I think Williams could play realy well with Rondo. He moves good and finishes strong when he gets the ball on the break or near the rim. He seams like a servicable defender aswell, will be interesting to see if he actually gets to play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

we gotta beat the Hawks and Bulls before the Heat and Spurs fella's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

LOL...I like the Williams pick up and all.

but I think he'll be lucky to be on Doc's playoff roster (did I read somewhere that teams can change the playoff roster from game to game?).

IF there is a 13 man only playoff roster Williams might be an odd man out.

even though we sure could use another big body on the bench.

Williams is a good  D-leager though and has solid defensive instincts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't have much confidence that Williams can do anything except give KG a breather.  I can't see any scenario where they rely on him for big minutes in the playoffs.  Don't get me wrong, I think the kid is worth a gamble for the future, but if they thought he was part of the playoff solution then why didn't Danny waive Jermaine a month(s) ago and sign Williams then? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]I don't have much confidence that Williams can do anything except give KG a breather.  I can't see any scenario where they rely on him for big minutes in the playoffs.  Don't get me wrong, I think the kid is worth a gamble for the future, but if they thought he was part of the playoff solution then why didn't Danny waive Jermaine a month(s) ago and sign Williams then? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

You bring up something that really makes me laugh. I think that Boston didn't release "the corpse" (JON) is because the front office probably felt that he was purposely trying not to play so that he would be released in time to play with Miami. My guess is that he was threatening to have season ending surgery on his non-shooting hand in the hopes that Boston would release him in time to allow him to play with Miami in the playoffs. The front office having already gotten ripped off by the guy waited to release him to keep him from screwing the organization even more. It would have been nice if Williams had gotten picked up earlier. He probably won't have an impact this season but he could be Boston's center for the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

scratch out "is" from the sentence "I think that Boston didn't release..." -I was in a hurry..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : You bring up something that really makes me laugh. I think that Boston didn't release "the corpse" (JON) is because the front office probably felt that he was purposely trying not to play so that he would be released in time to play with Miami. My guess is that he was threatening to have season ending surgery on his non-shooting hand in the hopes that Boston would release him in time to allow him to play with Miami in the playoffs. The front office having already gotten ripped off by the guy waited to release him to keep him from screwing the organization even more. It would have been nice if Williams had gotten picked up earlier. He probably won't have an impact this season but he could be Boston's center for the future.

Williams goes for 5 pts and 4 rebs and now he could be Boston's center for the future? ok...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Is Williams actually allowed to play in the playoffs? Thought there was a cutoff time when players had to be on the roster.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

He can play because he was on the Mavs roster!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Palovic and Williams played well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Pav should have been getting minutes all season, he can score and is a very good defender. Plus he plays a hard nose type game!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Wake up TEX! You be in dreamland! Didn't the Lakers already beat the C's twice this season?? lmao

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Wake up TEX! You be in dreamland! Didn't the Lakers already beat the C's twice this season?? lmao
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'll take that into account if both teams reach the Finals.....but since NEITHER will, it's moot!!  That means irrelevant, son.  Oh, irrelevant means it doesn't matter............got it now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Is Williams actually allowed to play in the playoffs? Thought there was a cutoff time when players had to be on the roster.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was released before 3/23 (3/22 by Mavs) and is eligible.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/03/playoff-eligibility-for-late-season-additions.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : You bring up something that really makes me laugh. I think that Boston didn't release "the corpse" (JON) is because the front office probably felt that he was purposely trying not to play so that he would be released in time to play with Miami. My guess is that he was threatening to have season ending surgery on his non-shooting hand in the hopes that Boston would release him in time to allow him to play with Miami in the playoffs. The front office having already gotten ripped off by the guy waited to release him to keep him from screwing the organization even more. It would have been nice if Williams had gotten picked up earlier. He probably won't have an impact this season but he could be Boston's center for the future.

agree

Simmons wrote an article a few weeks back about how the team despised JO's inability to get on the court

Sheed and JO were total waste's... if only we had those MLE's back to get superior players in terms of heart and durability (like Birdman or McDyess) and/or drafted DeAndre Jordan over Giddens we may have had 18 or even 19 by now

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Wake up TEX! You be in dreamland! Didn't the Lakers already beat the C's twice this season?? lmao
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

yup, by 4 points total, when the Celts weren't half the team they are now and the Lakers were playing much better ball
    yawn

what terrible drivel

LA had a season better by a couple of games b/c Kobe went to Germany for his illegal medical treatments while Pierce decided to get fat and Jeff Green had heart surgery

The Celts and Lakers have equal low odds to get to the finals and will both likely be bounced in rd 2.... the playoffs will determine who has the better seaosn of course, not games from Jan-Feb. Duh.