Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    pretty much covered it all there... facts.... I wasn't whining, just calmly stating exactly how the series was won/lost and obviously the truth hurts... as much as it can for someone who actually raised the banner... unless you are so delusional and its so important to you that the series was won cleanly that you will cling to the rebounding thing and multiple Celts choking as the real reasons (ha!) Bynum 'kinda' equaled out KG not being close to where he was in '08, but Bynum put up some amazing stats in a few games despite his injury and then Perk was done for 2 whole games, so not really. What is there to say about our dreadful scoring and rebounding I didn't say already? Nothing that overcomes the injuries and refs, since despite it all we were robbe din the 4th quarter of the final game. Want me to be critical, I can call-out half the team that series KG - gassed as he approached 100 games for a season he dragged his leg around that never fully recovered really until this season, painful to watch knowing that in every other season of his career but 09 (out) and '10 (crippled) he'd have led us to a title in 5 PP - I can blame him for not upping his game cuz we were 2-1 when he was great and 1-3 when he wasn't, so one more great performance in game 3 or 7 woulda done it for us Ray - Went nuts in game 2 so Artest the thug took him out for the rest of the series in game 3, shameful Perk - missed all but a few minutes after we went up 3-2 (kinda a big deal) Sheed - gave us an 11-8 when we needed him most, if he gave that in another 10-12 no-show games over the season we'd have been the 2 seed and a champion so F-him Tony Allen - great D, should played more to rest PP/Ray, helped make Gasol the MVP of the series but poor Pau robbed by NBA agenda to get Kobe 5th ring (see refs - 4th quarter) Baby - same as Pierce, team 2-1 when he was great and 1-3 when he wasn't, needed 1 more big game but too short to do it Nate - frontrunner I never liked who had 1 good game each playoff series and was a no-show for the other 5-6 Rondo - an entire thread is needed to discuss how his lack of a jumper and inability to raise his game, shrug off the obvious decision to defend him w/ Kobe cost us winning a title as well but so what, I can point to a dozen things, negative performances by Boston, good rebounding/D by LA, etc that had they been reversed the Celts would have won But none of them came CLOSE to affecting the outcome as injuries and the epically awful 4th quarter officiating in game 7... so yes LA fans hate hearing the FACTS that that title was given to them by whistles and hurt legs... but so what, its the truth, I'll say it when I need to, you still have your freaking banner even if it wasn't won as cleanly as almost every other title was (other titles are shady too, like heat-Mavs) or as dominant as others (the '08 CRUSHING)
    Posted by rameakap

Bynum had 12 total points in the last 4 games of the series due to his injury.

Boston has been for a few years a jump shooting team that doesn't rebound or get to the foul line. It is no coincidence that Boston is 3rd to last in FT attempts this year.

I am sorry you can't deal with the FACT that Boston choked in game 7 of the 2010 Finals.

So, was it a David Stern mandate for the Lakers to win game 7 or just a pact that was made by the 3 referees? LOL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Neither - the Home team wins.  If BOS was at home, we would have won.  Hubie  Brown has said numerous times that the single biggest edge in all of pro sports is a home  game in the NBA!!
    lakers deserved to win, becuase we didn't play well enough at the end.  But 47-17 is a disgrace.  And the "foul" committed by Ray on koME would not have been called in Boston!!
    It's been going on since the '70's - look it up - I already have!!  70% of the time, since the 70's, the Home Team wins in the playoffs!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Bynum had 12 total points in the last 4 games of the series due to his injury. Boston has been for a few years a jump shooting team that doesn't rebound or get to the foul line. It is no coincidence that Boston is 3rd to last in FT attempts this year. I am sorry you can't deal with the FACT that Boston choked in game 7 of the 2010 Finals. So, was it a David Stern mandate for the Lakers to win game 7 or just a pact that was made by the 3 referees? LOL.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Injuries and the worst officiating EVER on the only FACTS

I don't need to say anything else, I proved my point, its been fun sparing with you as always Mark... I write the comprehensive essays filled with the truth... you write your hit and run fluff pieces

enjoy your title, I'm not whining, just stating the facts surrounding black-eye on the game officiating, where all the fans in the rest of the league admit Boston was robbed, they saw it with their own eyes, the link was provided for you above. and you beat a team with heart decimated by injuries by a few points in game 7 when that team ROCKED you by 39 at full-strength 2 years before.

Boston did a lot wrong that series, shoulda won in 5 if a few things were done better or there were no injuries, but they were robbed in game 7 and everyone knows it

even you

end of story

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Neither - the Home team wins.  If BOS was at home, we would have won.  Hubie  Brown has said numerous times that the single biggest edge in all of pro sports is a home  game in the NBA!! lakers deserved to win, becuase we didn't play well enough at the end.  But 47-17 is a disgrace.  And the "foul" committed by Ray on koME would not have been called in Boston!! It's been going on since the '70's - look it up - I already have!!  70% of the time, since the 70's, the Home Team wins in the playoffs!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I'm pretty sure that such a terrible blown call wouldn't have happened if it was game 7 in SA or Dallas and Ray was in the same vicinity as Ginobli or Terry on a similar play

it was b/c it was Kobe and LA and an agenda that destroyed the integrity of the sport in the actions of the worst officating of all time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Ugh ... and that Celtic hater Jeff Van Gundy! There's a neutral anal-yst huh? Someone give him a job (Orlando?, Ha!) so I don't have to listen to him anymore ... please .....
    Posted by Mployee8

Sorry, but it will be worse next year when his brother joins in on the fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Neither - the Home team wins.  If BOS was at home, we would have won.  Hubie  Brown has said numerous times that the single biggest edge in all of pro sports is a home  game in the NBA!! lakers deserved to win, becuase we didn't play well enough at the end.  But 47-17 is a disgrace.  And the "foul" committed by Ray on koME would not have been called in Boston!! It's been going on since the '70's - look it up - I already have!!  70% of the time, since the 70's, the Home Team wins in the playoffs!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

47-17?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Bynum had 12 total points in the last 4 games of the series due to his injury. Boston has been for a few years a jump shooting team that doesn't rebound or get to the foul line. It is no coincidence that Boston is 3rd to last in FT attempts this year. I am sorry you can't deal with the FACT that Boston choked in game 7 of the 2010 Finals. So, was it a David Stern mandate for the Lakers to win game 7 or just a pact that was made by the 3 referees? LOL.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Watch the youtube videos that I posted keeping in mind that Boston lost by a whopping 4 points. The refs gave the Lakers this game. This game was fixed and the sports world lost one of the greatest stories in recent memory...that of a tough, gritty team that eliminated the best team in the NBA (the Cavaliers), the defending Eastern Conference Champs (Magic) and took it to the high-flying lakers. Boston was the underdog in each series and grinded out victory after victory. It was an awesome run by Boston. The lakers were flat and beaten down but the refs saved them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : I'm pretty sure that such a terrible blown call wouldn't have happened if it was game 7 in SA or Dallas and Ray was in the same vicinity as Ginobli or Terry on a similar play it was b/c it was Kobe and LA and an agenda that destroyed the integrity of the sport in the actions of the worst officating of all time
    Posted by rameakap

So was game 7 a David stern mandate or a pact by the 3 referees?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Posted by Red-16Russ-11

You guys sound like Rajon Rondowski.
    This is very funny to me.
    Other teams fans laugh at Boston fans about this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : You guys sound like Rajon Rondowski. This is very funny to me. Other teams fans laugh at Boston fans about this.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

How are those two threads you started today going?  EVERYONE here laughs at you!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : How are those two threads you started today going?  EVERYONE here laughs at you!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

You read them, that's all that matters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Seriously Mark, do you believe that the videos that I posted were edited to show false footage? Help me understand why you don't see what the rest of the basketball world saw in that game 7. The phantom calls against Boston, the non-calls against the lakers...it's right there for you. If you were not a basketball fan but into statistics the number of calls made against Boston in that 4th quarter of game 7 don't make sense. You can't deny that this occurred. You obviously love the lakers, that's cool. Perhaps that's clouding your judgement on a robbery that the whole world believes occurred.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Seriously Mark, do you believe that the videos that I posted were edited to show false footage? Help me understand why you don't see what the rest of the basketball world saw in that game 7. The phantom calls against Boston, the non-calls against the lakers...it's right there for you. If you were not a basketball fan but into statistics the number of calls made against Boston in that 4th quarter of game 7 don't make sense. You can't deny that this occurred. You obviously love the lakers, that's cool. Perhaps that's clouding your judgement on a robbery that the whole world believes occurred.
    Posted by guyfromtex

A video like that could be made of every NBA game, especially Finals games.

146 points in games 6 and 7 was inexcusable.
    Not being able to rebound was inexcusable.
    KG getting outrebounded by Kobe 15-3 was inexcusable.
    Ray shooting 3-14 (worse then Kobe) was inexcusable.
    Boston earned and deserved nothing.

Enjoy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    If Williams can pick up the Celtics defensive schemes quickly Boston will make it to the finals possibly even win it all. Let's face it Boston creates huge matchup problems for Miami. With the addition of Williams, the Celtics are even better now than when they dominated the Heat twice in 10 days. Miami has a gaping hole in their interior defense. With the addition of Williams the Heat would be forced to shoot from the perimeter. KG dominates Bosh everytime. Bradley can shut down Wade. That leaves James who will be tag-teamed by Pietrus and Pierce. The Bulls are in a downward spiral. Williams matches if not beats out Noah's hustle. KG will dominate Boozer. If Williams can pick up the C's defensive schemes Boston will be gunning for #18. The only teams that I think can challenge Boston in the West are San Antonio and OKC. OKC lacks a killer instinct. Drives me nuts everytime I see Durant doing that foolish dance before games. He's no killer. He is too soft. San Antonio plays just like Boston. Williams gives Boston the edge. SA does not have an interior presence. I hope Williams picks up the C's system...
    Posted by guyfromtex

You're pinning your hopes on a Nets/Mavs reject who averages 3 pts and 2 rebs per game?  Pathetic.

Why don't you worry about getting past the Hawks before you start blabbering about the Finals?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

This video is even better. Why there wasn't a Congressional hearing on this game is beyond me. Boston clearly kicked the Lakers *ss in this game. It was obvious that there was something very wrong in how the refs called this game. I still believe that there should be a Congressional investigation. I wonder why the Globe was not more vocal in criticizing this robbery. Perhaps they were threatened in some way by David Stern. That title that the lakers got in 2010 was an absolute sham. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48
    Posted by guyfromtex

So if were not for the refs ,Boston would undefeated every year and have won every finals

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : So if were not for the refs ,Boston would undefeated every year and have won every finals
    Posted by dirty52

Not sure where this came from?! We have been talking about game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals, particularly that 4th Quarter....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : A video like that could be made of every NBA game, especially Finals games. 146 points in games 6 and 7 was inexcusable. Not being able to rebound was inexcusable. KG getting outrebounded by Kobe 15-3 was inexcusable. Ray shooting 3-14 (worse then Kobe) was inexcusable. Boston earned and deserved nothing. Enjoy.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

The stats that you mentioned clearly played a role in the game but despite them Boston only lost by 4 points! Your stating that "A video like that could be made of every NBA game" is finally an acknowledgment that you are aware that there was poor officiating in that game 7. When you compare the number of calls against Boston in the 4th quarter with the calls made in the previous 3 quarters it is apparent that something fishy was going on. The Celtics were clearly robbed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : The stats that you mentioned clearly played a role in the game but despite them Boston only lost by 4 points! Your stating that "A video like that could be made of every NBA game" is finally an acknowledgment that you are aware that there was poor officiating in that game 7. When you compare the number of calls against Boston in the 4th quarter with the calls made in the previous 3 quarters it is apparent that something fishy was going on. The Celtics were clearly robbed.
    Posted by guyfromtex

That video ONLY showed supposed bad calls/non-calls that went against the Celtics.

That was a great series and the best team won. Boston was the better team in 2008.

In the year between 2008 and 2010, Boston had a 3-2 lead in the playoffs against Orlando and only scored 157 points in games 6 and 7.

Sorry, Boston deserved to win nothing when they scored 157 then 146 in games 6 and 7 of the playoffs in back to back seasons.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Not sure where this came from?! We have been talking about game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals, particularly that 4th Quarter....
    Posted by guyfromtex

hahaha good one guy

I mean it is clear as day what happened that 4th quarter

Mark/Gina wants to leave in dreamland where his team won that game cleanly w/o the help of the refs (and the series in general was won b/c the Celts were so hurt)... those are the 2 main reasons FAR AND AWAY

If he so desperately wants to point to a lack of scoring or rebounding he can live out his fantasy.. it doesn't take away the title... it just makes him look like an ignorant chest thumping fool.. everyone who watches basketball knows that quarter was a joke and shameful

Celts were robbed, he knows it, he's just trying to be the biggest loser LA fan possible and bring up pointless things that didn't come close to having the same impact in a 4 point playoff loss as the refs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : That video ONLY showed supposed bad calls/non-calls that went against the Celtics. That was a great series and the best team won. Boston was the better team in 2008. In the year between 2008 and 2010, Boston had a 3-2 lead in the playoffs against Orlando and only scored 157 points in games 6 and 7. Sorry, Boston deserved to win nothing when they scored 157 then 146 in games 6 and 7 of the playoffs in back to back seasons.  
    Posted by Mark from Ct

wrong

The Celtics were without KG in '09 and shot 25 FT's to the Magic's 20 and had 22 fouls to the Magic's 20... it was an evenly called fair game, home team got a couple more FT's, not 20, and it was a game where an undermanned team with a thin rotation finally bowed out against a deeper more talented team that had more gas

stop grasping at straws, the complete difference in the way the game was called 4th quarter to 1st 3 quarters of game 7 in '10 and how it was so terribly slanted in LA's advantage is what won that game by a measly 4 points

No, you can't play the 4th quarter of every final elimination game and find similar results, that was the WORST officiating in NBA HISTORY and it gave LA the title

sorry this has been PROVEN, you are wrong, enjoy the title you got from injuries and refs as the two main reasons you escaped with a banner... rebounding and a lack of scoring (89 points is ok BTW) are distant 3rd and 4th reasons the Celts lost

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : wrong The Celtics were without KG in '09 and shot 25 FT's to the Magic's 20 and had 22 fouls to the Magic's 20... it was an evenly called fair game, home team got a couple more FT's, not 20 , and it was a game where an undermanned team with a thin rotation finally bowed out against a deeper more talented team that had more gas stop grasping at straws, the complete difference in the way the game was called 4th quarter to 1st 3 quarters of game 7 in '10 and how it was so terribly slanted in LA's advantage is what won that game by a measly 4 points No, you can't play the 4th quarter of every final elimination game and find similar results, that was the WORST officiating in NBA HISTORY and it gave LA the title sorry this has been PROVEN, you are wrong, enjoy the title you got from injuries and refs as the two main reasons you escaped with a banner... rebounding and a lack of scoring (89 points is ok BTW) are distant 3rd and 4th reasons the Celts lost
    Posted by rameakap

It's a shame you live in such a fantasy land.

Rebounding was the MAIN reason why Boston lost game 7 against LA.
    It almost looked like LA was running offensive rebounding drills against the Washington Generals.

Boston Celtics fans standard protocol: Blame others if Boston loses.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : It's a shame you live in such a fantasy land. Rebounding was the MAIN reason why Boston lost game 7 against LA. It almost looked like LA was running offensive rebounding drills against the Washington Generals. Boston Celtics fans standard protocol: Blame others if Boston loses.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I for one do not like crying about referees, conspiracy theories  and such.  

Football is a little different, one bad call on a fumble or pass interference can change everything.  In basketball that stuff tends to even out.  One can't say the Celtics lost because of the refs without going through the entire playoffs and looking at all the calls that maybe went the Celtics way that allowed them to get there in the first place.

It also honestly makes us as fans look ridiculous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : I for one do not like crying about referees, conspiracy theories  and such.   Football is a little different, one bad call on a fumble or pass interference can change everything.  In basketball that stuff tends to even out.  One can't say the Celtics lost because of the refs without going through the entire playoffs and looking at all the calls that maybe went the Celtics way that allowed them to get there in the first place. It also honestly makes us as fans look ridiculous.
    Posted by snakeoil123

+1

Sections
Shortcuts