Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : It's a shame you live in such a fantasy land. Rebounding was the MAIN reason why Boston lost game 7 against LA. It almost looked like LA was running offensive rebounding drills against the Washington Generals. Boston Celtics fans standard protocol: Blame others if Boston loses.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

wrong

it was distant 3rd

we proved this

you are petty and ignorant to keep reporting what was shown to be less important as the main reason

end of story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : I for one do not like crying about referees, conspiracy theories  and such.   Football is a little different, one bad call on a fumble or pass interference can change everything.  In basketball that stuff tends to even out.  One can't say the Celtics lost because of the refs without going through the entire playoffs and looking at all the calls that maybe went the Celtics way that allowed them to get there in the first place. It also honestly makes us as fans look ridiculous.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Very true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics were a poor rebounding team all year, it did not prohibit them from making a run at a title, compounding that was the issue of being without their starting center, it was assumed that they would be severly outrebounded in the series/game 7.

Yet they game planned brilliantly around that and for 3 quarters, despite being constantly outworked on the boards, were playing their game and completely dominating LA and the crowd.

Then the game was called 100% differently in the 4th, and the calls were blatently blown or phantom ones made to bail-out LA and give them the title... the video shows this is 100% true. It was the worst officiating ever.

so it does not matter what calls may have helped the Celtics leading up to making it to a game 7, the same ones would have helped LA throught the playoffs, in fact Boston had to so severly outplay LeBron James Cavs b/c if the games had been close the refs were going to send LeBron to the line over and over, thankfully we got by that obstacle b/c we were better.

We were not the better team than LA, we were hurt and playing with guts and guile, which is why it was a shame that the title had to be stolen from a great underdog story by officiating.

Yes you can say they lost b/c they couldn't rebound, but that was a given going into the game/series and the Celts were still in position to win w/o the biggest hose job EVER by officials.

So that and our injuries were far and away the bigger reasons LA got the banner. not rebounding. FACTS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : I for one do not like crying about referees, conspiracy theories  and such.   Football is a little different, one bad call on a fumble or pass interference can change everything.  In basketball that stuff tends to even out.  One can't say the Celtics lost because of the refs without going through the entire playoffs and looking at all the calls that maybe went the Celtics way that allowed them to get there in the first place. It also honestly makes us as fans look ridiculous.
    Posted by snakeoil123

As someone who is a current HS coach, and a former HS ref, I agree for the most part with this.  Teams need to do win - the refs don't win the games or lose the games.  However, I disagree that in basketball they cannot affect the outcome of games.
    Basketball is a game of momentum - you may notice that once a call is made, and the crowd gets into it, another, similar call is made.  Refs get caught up in the heat of the moment, just like fans. Unlike football or baseball, ANY ref can make ANY call in basketball...........and believe me, these guys have egos!!  When I was officiating on a regular basis, I knew some COLLEGE refs who were intolerable to be around!!  That having been said, I maintain that if Game 7 in 2010 were in BOS, we would have Banner 18!!  The reason - there will ALWAYS be at least one momentum shifting call in favor of the Home Team.  Now - MOST of the time, it's the right call............but once the crowd gets into it, the refs get into it, too.  It's the responsibility of the visiting team to silence the momentum.  We didn't do that, and kept missing shots.  They took it to the hole, and got every call (MOST of which were fouls, some were not).  If we were at home, with our crowd, we would have gotten at least ONE call to silence the momentum.  The rest would have been up to us!!  We let the lakers (and the refs) swing the momentum in Game 7 in 2010.  We have no one to blame but ourselves..............the lakers won 4 times, we won 3 - they were better that year, end of story  (we should have won Game 3 at home - series over!!).  Which is why I always say we should try to get HCA in every series, because you don't want it to come down to this - advantage Home team - every time!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Posted by snakeoil123

You are a breath of fresh air, my friend...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

We have to keep lookin forward, not backward...as a true Celtic fan, I remember that game that Magic won in boston..gut wrenching. But I stood up and shook my brother in laws hand,(laker fan), and told him, congratualtions...they won, fair and square.
     "Now, im driving to LA, and im going to run over Magic with my new car."...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Nobody here agrees with Rame.
    So much for his FACTS...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Not totally in this case - it was a terribly officiated game - but I agree with him more than you - how pathetic to try to keep your lame "Who'll be ready sooner" post in the front of the forum by adding a blank post - truly sad!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nobody here agrees with Rame. So much for his FACTS...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

hahaha

a couple of fans chime in that they don't want to get involved in the 'blame the refs game' and somehow that means the facts I made are wrong... hehe Gina/Mark is so pathetic

My fav teams have lost in the playoffs more than they have won, obviously (despite being blessed with 10 titles in 12 years) and the '10 finals is the only time I've ever blamed the refs for the outcome b/c its FACT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

FACT = DELUSION, PARANOIA

No rebounds, no rings.

Another easy win in my column.
    Check.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The Celtics were a poor rebounding team all year, it did not prohibit them from making a run at a title, compounding that was the issue of being without their starting center, it was assumed that they would be severly outrebounded in the series/game 7. Yet they game planned brilliantly around that and for 3 quarters, despite being constantly outworked on the boards, were playing their game and completely dominating LA and the crowd. Then the game was called 100% differently in the 4th, and the calls were blatently blown or phantom ones made to bail-out LA and give them the title... the video shows this is 100% true. It was the worst officiating ever. so it does not matter what calls may have helped the Celtics leading up to making it to a game 7, the same ones would have helped LA throught the playoffs, in fact Boston had to so severly outplay LeBron James Cavs b/c if the games had been close the refs were going to send LeBron to the line over and over, thankfully we got by that obstacle b/c we were better. We were not the better team than LA, we were hurt and playing with guts and guile, which is why it was a shame that the title had to be stolen from a great underdog story by officiating. Yes you can say they lost b/c they couldn't rebound, but that was a given going into the game/series and the Celts were still in position to win w/o the biggest hose job EVER by officials. So that and our injuries were far and away the bigger reasons LA got the banner. not rebounding. FACTS.
    Posted by rameakap

agreed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Not totally in this case - it was a terribly officiated game - but I agree with him more than you - how pathetic to try to keep your lame "Who'll be ready sooner" post in the front of the forum by adding a blank post - truly sad!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

That's funny as H**l!! I didn't see it nor care to, but adding a blank post to keep it front of the forum is pathetic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : yes if artest didn't take the red hot ray allen out of the rest of the series in game 3 with a dirty knee that left Ray with a bruise so bad he lost almost all his lift the series would never have made it back to LA and I guess you forgot the Perk injury, when your starting center is obviously lost for the rest of the season minutes into game 6 it is hard to recover and form on new game plan on the fly Despite Ray and Kev dragging bad legs around and Perk being done the Celts played with enough hearts and smarts to be ahead by 10+ and executing a brilliant game plan, despite the rebounding woe's, until the refs took the game out of the players hands after 'letting them play' for 3 quarters and gave the title to LA for reasons I'll never understand... and ugh what awful fans Hollywood has, sitting on their hands for 3 quarters just cuz their team was down like 8-15, I was at game 6 in '08 smoking cigars, Boston fans stand and cheer the entire time. We don't need the refs to get us back into it. And we close games at home in 6 by 39... not gift-wrapped black-eyes to the sport that you eke out in game 7 whatever Gina, enjoy the title, obv it won't be taken away, but I'm only speaking the truth, the Celts almost overcame incredible odds to win the championship that year and were robbed of it not b/c of rebounding or a 6-24 MVP, but b/c of injuries and the worst 12 minutes of officiating in the HISTORY of the game FACT
    Posted by rameakap

I agree with you above:

All I really wanted from any of the Laker fans/Trolls is for just one of them to have said "WOW, we were lucky to have won game 7”. I live in SF & I was equally furious that when Giants beat 49ers---idiot has ball nick his knee resulting in fumble & field goal to tie & same idiot fumbles in OT for a field goal to win it.  Most stats had 49ers clearly ahead and Manning was pressured all day. Not one Giant fan said they were lucky to win that game.  Unfortunately, my Pats did not get revenge for themselves for previous loss in SB and for me for the 49ers.

Let me say that the " Tainted Title”  is not the fault of the Laker Team and the Laker Fans.  The Refs and their incompetence are solely at fault for the title being tainted re: the disparity in fouls, phantom fouls(Allen on Kobe’s 3 pointer that resulted in 3 pts gift foul shots---didn't have Tony Allen on him resulting in 6/24 from the field he whoopie makes 100% ), non call fouls, non call traveling( Gasol making a dunk by taking steps that could have qualified him for Dancing with the Stars) & these were in the last critical minutes of the game and that it was the Refs & not the Laker superior team that beat us. And you are correct about Artest's knee on Allen. Ray in that game 3 broke MJ's record(6) for 3s in a half with 7/8 & then got another in 2nd half. Didn't have a game close to that after & I'm sure he was hurt.

If I were a Laker fan, I would have been pleased but would have acknowledged that it was strongly accomplished by help from the refs. In fact, I wouldn't have been pleased they did it as I would have preferred the game judged fairly so that the losing team could confirm wholeheartedly they were beaten by a better team as we did in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 points and as the Lakers did to us in Game 6 of this series(had this been game 7, I believe most Boston fans would have accepted that the team was beaten by a better team)  but what a horrific example of poor refereeing  in a vital game 7 ! I am not one who ever said there was a conspiracy, fix etc.  Face it, if the refs bet on the game, they still did not allow the Lakers to beat the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread. It  was the unhappiest $100.00 I ever won as they won by only 4.  The game was, unquestionably, decided by, if not crooked refs, incompetent ones and in an important game 7 and some acknowledgement from the league or Laker fans regarding this might ease the wounds of some Celtic fans and put this issue, at least, to rest.  Not only did the Celtics get cheated but the Laker fans & all NBA fans as well.  How can the Lakers be proud of a team that shot 32%(we shot 40%), their guy who walks on water shot 6-24 (25%) and they shot 25-37(68%) foul shots & we 15-17(88%) and with their extra 10 points they needed 20 fouls shots or 50% to do it-pretty pathetic for a championship team-seems our defense was pretty good too at the foul line ! They got 21 foul shots in the 4th qtr and we got 17 for the game !!!

It really would have been interesting to have read the LA Sports writers comments on Kobe's 25% and the team's 32% had they lost !!! He’d been called a Goat !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : I agree with you above: All I really wanted from any of the Laker fans/Trolls is for just one of them to have said "WOW, we were lucky to have won game 7”. I live in SF & I was equally furious that when Giants beat 49ers---idiot has ball nick his knee resulting in fumble & field goal to tie & same idiot fumbles in OT for a field goal to win it.  Most stats had 49ers clearly ahead and Manning was pressured all day. Not one Giant fan said they were lucky to win that game.  Unfortunately, my Pats did not get revenge for themselves for previous loss in SB and for me for the 49ers. Let me say that the " Tainted Title”  is not the fault of the Laker Team and the Laker Fans.  The Refs and their incompetence are solely at fault for the title being tainted re: the disparity in fouls, phantom fouls(Allen on Kobe’s 3 pointer than resulted in 4pts) , non call fouls, non call traveling( Gasol making a dunk by taking steps that could have qualified him for Dancing with the Stars) & these were in the last critical minutes of the game and that it was the Refs & not the Laker superior team that beat us. And you are correct about Artest's knee on Allen. Ray in that game 3 broke MJ's record(6) for 3s in a half with 7/8 & than got another in 2nd half. Didn't have a game close to that after & I'm sure he was hurt. If I were a Laker fan, I would have been pleased but would have acknowledged that it was strongly accomplished by help from the refs. In fact, I wouldn't have been pleased they did it as I would have preferred the game judged fairly so that the losing team could confirm wholeheartedly they were beaten by a better team as we did in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 points and as the Lakers did to us in Game 6 of this series(had this been game 7, I believe most Boston fans would have accepted that the team was beaten by a better team)  but what a horrific example of poor refereeing  in a vital game 7 ! I am not one who ever said there was a conspiracy, fix etc.  Face it, if the refs bet on the game, they still did not allow the Lakers to beat the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread. It  was the unhappiest $100.00 I ever won as they won by only 4.  The game was, unquestionably, decided by, if not crooked refs, incompetent ones and in an important game 7 and some acknowledgement from the league or Laker fans regarding this might ease the wounds of some Celtic fans and put this issue, at least, to rest.  Not only did the Celtics get cheated but the Laker fans & all NBA fans as well.  How can the Lakers be proud of a team that shot 32%(we shot 40%), their guy who walks on water shot 6-24 (25%) and they shot 25-37(68%) foul shots & we 15-17(88%) and with their extra 10 points they needed 20 fouls shots or 50% to do it-pretty pathetic for a championship team-seems our defense was pretty good too at the foul line !  It really would have been interesting to have read the LA Sports writers comments on Kobe's 25% and the team's 32% had they lost !!! He’d been called a Goat !!!
    Posted by mandobello

If it is any consolation to you, I know someone who attended the game.  He said when the game was over, there was a collective sigh in the Staples Center.  He said the general reaction of those around him was not "Oh my God, we won", it was more (himself included) "I can't believe we didn't lose."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : I agree with you above: All I really wanted from any of the Laker fans/Trolls is for just one of them to have said "WOW, we were lucky to have won game 7”. I live in SF & I was equally furious that when Giants beat 49ers---idiot has ball nick his knee resulting in fumble & field goal to tie & same idiot fumbles in OT for a field goal to win it.  Most stats had 49ers clearly ahead and Manning was pressured all day. Not one Giant fan said they were lucky to win that game.  Unfortunately, my Pats did not get revenge for themselves for previous loss in SB and for me for the 49ers. Let me say that the " Tainted Title”  is not the fault of the Laker Team and the Laker Fans.  The Refs and their incompetence are solely at fault for the title being tainted re: the disparity in fouls, phantom fouls(Allen on Kobe’s 3 pointer than resulted in 4pts) , non call fouls, non call traveling( Gasol making a dunk by taking steps that could have qualified him for Dancing with the Stars) & these were in the last critical minutes of the game and that it was the Refs & not the Laker superior team that beat us. And you are correct about Artest's knee on Allen. Ray in that game 3 broke MJ's record(6) for 3s in a half with 7/8 & than got another in 2nd half. Didn't have a game close to that after & I'm sure he was hurt. If I were a Laker fan, I would have been pleased but would have acknowledged that it was strongly accomplished by help from the refs. In fact, I wouldn't have been pleased they did it as I would have preferred the game judged fairly so that the losing team could confirm wholeheartedly they were beaten by a better team as we did in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 points and as the Lakers did to us in Game 6 of this series(had this been game 7, I believe most Boston fans would have accepted that the team was beaten by a better team)  but what a horrific example of poor refereeing  in a vital game 7 ! I am not one who ever said there was a conspiracy, fix etc.  Face it, if the refs bet on the game, they still did not allow the Lakers to beat the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread. It  was the unhappiest $100.00 I ever won as they won by only 4.  The game was, unquestionably, decided by, if not crooked refs, incompetent ones and in an important game 7 and some acknowledgement from the league or Laker fans regarding this might ease the wounds of some Celtic fans and put this issue, at least, to rest.  Not only did the Celtics get cheated but the Laker fans & all NBA fans as well.  How can the Lakers be proud of a team that shot 32%(we shot 40%), their guy who walks on water shot 6-24 (25%) and they shot 25-37(68%) foul shots & we 15-17(88%) and with their extra 10 points they needed 20 fouls shots or 50% to do it-pretty pathetic for a championship team-seems our defense was pretty good too at the foul line !  It really would have been interesting to have read the LA Sports writers comments on Kobe's 25% and the team's 32% had they lost !!! He’d been called a Goat !!!
    Posted by mandobello

exactly, is it that hard to ask that LA fans show some class, knowedlge of the sport and admit they got a gift there? Its simply the provable facts of that game, I'm not whining, just bitter and sad that the integrity of the sport itself was so damaged.

I totally agree with your Giants/49ers example. As a Sox fan in CT I have many Yanks fan friends. They don't throw '03 in my face b/c they know the worse team won and it was our idiot manager who blew the game and was fired for it. If Dave Roberts was shown on instant replay to be 100% tagged out on Jeter's play, all of what happened in '04 would be a little less pure and amazing, just like when Ray is shown to not even touch Kobe, yet sends him to the line, LA fans all know deep down they were gifted a title the players (specifically 6-24 Kobe) didn't earn that day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : If it is any consolation to you, I know someone who attended the game.  He said when the game was over, there was a collective sigh in the Staples Center.  He said the general reaction of those around him was not "Oh my God, we won", it was more (himself included) "I can't believe we didn't lose."
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

hehehe, i guess I'll take my small victories where I can Red

in '08 I was with my longest Celtic fan friend lighting up cigars and passing them around to a dozen people in the upper decks as the blowout wound down, screaming with joy. Chris Sheridan wrote an ESPN article about seeing our smoke float over the rafters as the seconds clicked down.

In '10 the LA fans let out a collective sigh, sat down in a daze and muttered 'I can't believe we didn't lose that game'

ha, time may make clowns like Mark/Gina delusional as they post like cowards on a message board, but deep down all Laker fans know how cheap that victory was

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I love your enthusiam about Sean Williams Tex, but I dont know if it is warranted. I had the check the date of your post to see if you did before you watched him play. All I can say is I remember him from his B.C. days and as a rookie w/ N.J. he looked like a promising player with a prowess on the boards and a knack for blocking shots. He showed great athleticism and Hustle around the basket.' Now, a few years later, I hear about us adding him and I got a little excited too until I seen him. I thought he was a 4, maybe even a 3 coming out and now he is a Center??  He looks to have lost all his athleticm and quikness to the glass. He looks much better than I remember before and has widened out a lot. Thats good for being able to move up to Center, but he cant jump anymore and looks slow. I am just to have the body, but what makes you think he will Play anyway?? You know how Doc is with his playoff rotations and he has Steisma and Hollins in frnt of him, both who know the system somewhat and have experience here.  Not sure how he impacts from the bench, but I hope you are right about # 18 either way! 
    Posted by patsfan76

he's def bigger than at BC

I think people are fine w/ KG and Stiemsma at C and were hoping Williams could give them more of the burly aggresive rebounding at the 4 as a sub for Bass that we need... Steamer and KG are tall and thin

We just need like 6-10 mins of another big so as to not exhaust KG/Bass or foul-out/expose Steamer... Maybe Williams could fill that role better than Hollins, another tall thin guy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALFMAN1000. Show ALFMAN1000's posts

Is this a serious post? If so, i must be from some- and i know I am being redundant- demented BC fanatic.   

If you are relying on a guy most of the NBA does not want then you have real problems. Could he be useful- yes- maybe. a big body to fill in and maybe contribute something or at least not do anything bad. Odds are he will barely play. I would much, much, much rather have a healthy Stiemsma than this under achiever. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Nobody here agrees with Rame. So much for his FACTS...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

sorry,  i agree with most of his posts.  Very classy poster!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

Good luck with this Celtics Fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals Good luck with this Celtics Fans.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Sounds kind of like Jordan being a key to the playoffs now doesn't it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : sorry,  i agree with most of his posts.  Very classy poster!!
    Posted by OneOnOne

Thanks man, right back at ya

Mark got it handed to him in this discussion

Just wish some LA fans could keep it classy and admit the truth... doing so doesn't bring that banner down from the Staples center wall... and not doing so just looks petty and ignorant

LA fans feel pretty lucky to have escaped with a title in 2010 with the egregious officiating and injuries to the C's. The better team still won... but there was nothing clean or honorable about it.

End of story

On to 2012... GOOO CELTICS!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts