Searching for the Perfect Player....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Searching for the Perfect Player....

Soooo, since this board has become a haven for Rondo Haters and people that want to bring this team down. let us look at some things.

Argument # 1)  Rondo is not playing defense

I picked this one 1st cuz it seems to be the flavor of the month and the most talked about aspect.  My response would be, "who has played great for the celtics since the Perkins trade?"  We all watched Jordan(not MJ) but some nobody dunk on K.G. and anyone else that attempted to guard him in the 1st quarter so I ask do we include K.G. and Kristic in that trade?

Just had to clear that up real quick.  Now I have also seen some apologists including me, point to possible inuries holding Rondo back, and suggested he needs rest, which has been countered by 1.) He is young(he cant be hurt), 2.) We are gonna lose the #1 seed to the Bulls

I concur with one question.  If you are young, does that exclude you from being hurt or injured, if so what happened to Blake Griffin last year? 

Also, last time I looked we were still in 1st place...So Relax!

Now on the main point of my post (im just getting started) 

It seems in regards to Rondo, that he has to play perfectly every night, so I assume that the other players we have must be peferct cuz they dont get the same critisism.  I hear people telling me about Chris Pauls 3 pt % !?!?  But fail to mention that R.R. has a good FG % and rarely shoots 3's, and when he does at the end of the shotclock he makes them!

Why noone talking about Ray Allen when he dribbles too much.  We all know how bad he looks when he doesnt get that ball on time.

How about K.G. not going into the post more. Isnt that ideally what a PF does?  How come noone talks about his bad shooting lately?

And Paul Pierce, c'mon, he has plenty of things wrong with his game.  When he gets into his modes, he drives to the hoop outta control and gets called for charging. 

You know why noone mentions these things, cuz they rarely happen and because it does not keep us from winning games., hence the best record we have in the East.  Soooo, why do people think we will lose even more games when we have help on the way and the roster can only improve??  beats me?

As long as we are winning and can attend the dance, we will be fine.  Are we gonna catch the Spurs?  Does anyone think they will be there in the Finals?  again mute point!  Would Chris Paul stand up to Ron Artest and shove him for a teamate?  Does he dive for lose balls? can he get 18 rebounds in a game? Can he get to the hoop even with his man playing 8 feet off of him?  Start by answering those questions...and then come talk to me about a perfect player.  We have the perfect one for our team.  Also, just so you know, I regularly yell at the t.v. when Rondo doesnt shoot the open J,  he frustrates me too at times, but I wouldnt trade him for anyone..He is OUR GUY!., gotta take the good and bad, and this guy has more strengths than weaknesses.  Thanks for reading..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Searching for the Perfect Player....

I agree that there's too much Rondo bashing going on.  I am one of the ones who criticizes him, especially for his D (which he decided to reverse against Jennings last night).   

However, too many of your arguments above don't hold water.  First, PP is playing great defense since Perk has been gone.  Name me a time when Paul was consistently not playing great D?  

Second, yes, I do think SA can make it to the finals.  Don't be fooled by one loss....because they beat LA in LA earlier.  Everybody has an off game.  The Spurs have 3 guys who've been there in the finals and kicked butt.  They have a GREAT coach, and they play great team ball.  They are deep at every position except center (or power forward - whatever you call Duncan).  So, don't think home court doesn't matter.

Third, the Lakers could be there in the finals and we might not have HCA against them....and we see what that cost us last year.  The Bulls might catch us and home court advantage is important there.   The net net here is that games do matter for the home court advantage which does matter in many series.

Fourth - the reason there isn't as much bashing of KG, Ray, and Paul (although if you read the threads, each of them gets their share of criticism, too!) is because over their careers, they have shown the resilency and consistency that we are all looking for.  They can be more easily forgiven because they are more consistent.

Finally, being in first place so relax?  Chicago is one game down in the loss column with an easier schedule (we play SA, Miami, Chicago, and Knicks - all on the road, I believe).    So we can be caught easily.

I do agree with you that we do need to ease up on Rondo, but your arguments are the convincing reasons.  I think he'll turn it around and he will play great first of all and second, I see some threads like "he's the next to be traded" and that's when I know many fans have gone overboard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I have no problem with rondo's defense, and don't need the perfect player, but I would settle for a more well rounded player...someone less inconsistent, someone with more leadership, someone with a better attitude, someone who can shoot free throws better than a 7th grader, someone who can hit an open 10 foot jump shot, someone who doesn't lead the league in turnovers... trade Rondo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I never questioned Paul's defense individually but he is part of a team defense that has looked bad, so you cant put it all on one player.

So far as the Spurs I dont think too much of them, im just throwing ???'s out there.  I dont believe we will catch them.  I also dont beleive home court is big in the east when it comes to us.  Just my opinion.  I think for the greater good you could be ok losing a few games, not like it didnt happen anyway, might as well rest guys up because their will be a another adjustment when Shaq comes back. 

If you really believe that Rondo gets criticized because he it not a veteran(which he is, btw)  and doesnt have the credentials of the "Big 3"?  (You mean a ring? that he helped him bring).  You can look at the board and say all those comments are warranted because of his non-(respected veteran) status?

Eldunker, Do you think P.P. or K.G. are blowing smoke when they say all the glowing things about Rondo and how he makes their jobs easier?  Have you ever seen the other pg's when they pass to Ray off those screens?  like Nate for instance....time and time again with a pass too late or early...Why do you think Ray Allen went and gave props by hugging R.R. after getting the 3 pt record?  He wouldnt even be close if he didnt have a great guard to get him the ball in all the places he likes and when and how he wants the ball. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Searching for the Perfect Player....:
    Soooo, since this board has become a haven for Rondo Haters and people that want to bring this team down. let us look at some things. Argument # 1)  Rondo is not playing defense I picked this one 1st cuz it seems to be the flavor of the month and the most talked about aspect.  My response would be, "who has played great for the celtics since the Perkins trade?"  We all watched Jordan(not MJ) but some nobody dunk on K.G. and anyone else that attempted to guard him in the 1st quarter so I ask do we include K.G. and Kristic in that trade? Just had to clear that up real quick.  Now I have also seen some apologists including me, point to possible inuries holding Rondo back, and suggested he needs rest, which has been countered by 1.) He is young(he cant be hurt), 2.) We are gonna lose the #1 seed to the Bulls I concur with one question.  If you are young, does that exclude you from being hurt or injured, if so what happened to Blake Griffin last year?  Also, last time I looked we were still in 1st place...So Relax! Now on the main point of my post (im just getting started)  It seems in regards to Rondo, that he has to play perfectly every night, so I assume that the other players we have must be peferct cuz they dont get the same critisism.  I hear people telling me about Chris Pauls 3 pt % !?!?  But fail to mention that R.R. has a good FG % and rarely shoots 3's, and when he does at the end of the shotclock he makes them! Why noone talking about Ray Allen when he dribbles too much.  We all know how bad he looks when he doesnt get that ball on time. How about K.G. not going into the post more. Isnt that ideally what a PF does?  How come noone talks about his bad shooting lately? And Paul Pierce, c'mon, he has plenty of things wrong with his game.  When he gets into his modes, he drives to the hoop outta control and gets called for charging.  You know why noone mentions these things, cuz they rarely happen and because it does not keep us from winning games., hence the best record we have in the East.  Soooo, why do people think we will lose even more games when we have help on the way and the roster can only improve??  beats me? As long as we are winning and can attend the dance, we will be fine.  Are we gonna catch the Spurs?  Does anyone think they will be there in the Finals?  again mute point!  Would Chris Paul stand up to Ron Artest and shove him for a teamate?  Does he dive for lose balls? can he get 18 rebounds in a game? Can he get to the hoop even with his man playing 8 feet off of him?  Start by answering those questions...and then come talk to me about a perfect player.  We have the perfect one for our team.  Also, just so you know, I regularly yell at the t.v. when Rondo doesnt shoot the open J,  he frustrates me too at times, but I wouldnt trade him for anyone..He is OUR GUY!., gotta take the good and bad, and this guy has more strengths than weaknesses.  Thanks for reading..
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Let me take a stab at one of your question, which can be extrapolated to the others.

You asked "Why noone talking about Ray Allen when he dribbles too much"

Ive offered criticism that Ray is a terrible ball handler, especially in traffic or when he dribbles himself into a corner, jumps up and doesnt know what to do....  The reason this question and criticism doesnt continue like the stuff you read about Rondo is.....

Not many people come on here to dispute it... so the subject dies..

Rondo is another story. Theres an apparent cult like defense of him for what I believe to be legit criticism... So if both sides of the debate continue to make their argument, the subject has life.\

If Rondo "haters" (as some like to call them) refuse to knuckle under for what they believe in and the Rondo "lovers" refuse to knuckle under about their point of view.... then it goes on... and dont make the mistake that its JUST people criticizing Rondo.... theres even more defending him..

Like I said many times, everyone entitled to their own opinion.. but thats why I think the subject continues on

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Could be on to something....I think my point about the others weaknesses is that if everyone does their job, then none of their said weaknesses will be exposed.  Meaning, if the pic gets set and Ray pops out and get a look at 15 ft, its almost a given, but if his pass is late it could cause him to start dribblin...  If P.P isnt given the proper spacing, or maybe he gets the ball too late in the shot clock he may force it.  I see Rondo making bad decisions when presented with open looks, mainly because I believe it messes up the flow if an offense when u pass up open 12 footers, but i believe its part of the system in which he has been allowed to operate, because it does work when everything goes right,  but he struggles at times when the play breaks down.  Only recently have you seen him shooting more after Doc said recently that he wanted him to take 10 free throws a game.  The thing is he is more comfortable on the little pull up than on kick out shots cuz he isnt confident in that shot, and to his defense, a lot of guards that can score struggle on that kickout shot, thats why sometimes you see him dribble once then shoot on the catch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Searching for the Perfect Player....:
    I have no problem with rondo's defense, and don't need the perfect player, but I would settle for a more well rounded player...someone less inconsistent, someone with more leadership, someone with a better attitude, someone who can shoot free throws better than a 7th grader, someone who can hit an open 10 foot jump shot, someone who doesn't lead the league in turnovers... trade Rondo!
    Posted by Eldunker

I hope you`re joking about the turnovers. Reality check: Rondo has an excellent assit to turnover ratio.

Sections
Shortcuts