SECOND best PG in NBA is now shooting 50% from 16-23 feet! will he crush Magic's assist record?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: SECOND best PG in NBA is now shooting 50% from 16-23 feet! will he crush Magic's assist record?

When its R9R's team and R9R's team loses by 20 points to a utterly hapless (1-9) team..... maybe its not a good time to be hyperventilating about how great R9R is.

He stank and his team stank last night.

Simple enough.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: SECOND best PG in NBA is now shooting 50% from 16-23 feet! will he crush Magic's assist record?

His 10 assists last night were manufactured in gabage time.. pretty lame if u ask me.

Team got smoked and humiliated and Doc focused in on Rondo getting his 10... when he should have been on the bench cutting his minutes (anyone remember sprained ankle?) like the other starters.. 

I bet some players arent thrilled with Rondo due to his personality and being hailed the greatest this and that.. now the coach forces his 10 assists during a blowout of the team.. I dont like it.. break the streak before it costs us a game somewhere or builds resentment.

Maybe Im making too much of this but the Raiders got killed yesterday, then the Celtics so...... lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His 10 assists last night were manufactured in gabage time.. pretty lame if u ask me.

Team got smoked and humiliated and Doc focused in on Rondo getting his 10... when he should have been on the bench cutting his minutes (anyone remember sprained ankle?) like the other starters.. 

I bet some players arent thrilled with Rondo due to his personality and being hailed the greatest this and that.. now the coach forces his 10 assists during a blowout of the team.. I dont like it.. break the streak before it costs us a game somewhere or builds resentment.

Maybe Im making too much of this but the Raiders got killed yesterday, then the Celtics so...... lol

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This team is configured to make darn sure that R9R gets his (dimes and steals) numbers. Winning/losing is secondary.

Last game it was all too apparent.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is configured to make darn sure that R9R gets his (dimes and steals) numbers. Winning/losing is secondary.

Last game it was all too apparent.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I agree. the entire team was assembled to ensure that Rondo gets assists and no one on the front office cares if the team wins as long as he does so.

Last night was lame.  I don't care about Rondo getting his assists.  With that said your post above is why most consider you either a troll or an idiot.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

What an UGLY  precedent set by doc... and its because we guys have been talking about the assist streak!

Our fault for getting crazy about all the (ka-ching, ka-ching) hype!

“Yeah, why not?” River said. “You guys keep talking about [the streak]. I figured I’d give him a shot at it. It’s funny, the harder [the players] tried [to get the assists] the worst we got at that. Jared [Sullinger] gave him his final two [assists]. So that was good. You know when I called a timeout and I said, ‘Guys we’re going to lose the game, by the way, so let’s not play crazy, but if we can get him two more, let’s do it. If not, that’s it.’ It’s the first time we’ve done that.”

Call me an old fool but.... aren't you supposed to let the game come to you rather than chasing after individual stats? (I remember with utter disgust  Wilt's 100 pts BTW.)

Isn't that what Red taught?

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Before people call me a troll this team is going nowhere. 1 good game against Toronto means nothing. I don't care about assists until the Celtics can start rebounding. They lost to a garbage team last night, if anybody thinkd\s it will be any better against OKC ans SA please enlighten me on how. I've yet to see any consistency. Thinking Pierce and Garnett have found the fountain of youth is beyond me. The years the Celtics won championships they had grea rebounders like Bill Russell, Paul Silas, Dave Cowens, Robert Parrish, bird and McHale. Do I need to go on more? The ME factor should be given up for the team factor. I don't see things with rose colored glasses. This is reality. The Celtics will continue to lose until they get a rebounder besides KG.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

What an UGLY  precedent set by doc... and its because we guys have been talking about the assist streak!

“Yeah, why not?” River said. “You guys keep talking about [the streak]. I figured I’d give him a shot at it. It’s funny, the harder [the players] tried [to get the assists] the worst we got at that. Jared [Sullinger] gave him his final two [assists]. So that was good. You know when I called a timeout and I said, ‘Guys we’re going to lose the game, by the way, so let’s not play crazy, but if we can get him two more, let’s do it. If not, that’s it.’ It’s the first time we’ve done that.”

Call me an old fool but.... aren't you supposed to let the game come to you rather than chasing after individual stats? (I remember with utter disgust  Wilt's 100 pts BTW.)

Pud

Doc wasn't pulling a precedent as far as the NBA  goes.

Don't have the exact year and the number of points, but I believe one year in the eighties first McHale and  then Bird  had very high  scoring nights, maybe alltime high score for a Celtic player.  McHale was pretty nonchalant about it, Bird was the opposite.  And I think Bird's  teamates were feeding him  the ball an  inordinate amount  of times so he would break the record.
    Want to rag on Larry Legend a bit while  you've got a  full head of steam?

Last nights game was in the books when Doc did Rondo a favor.   I'd be very concerned if Doc pulled his stunt with the game close or on  the line.

My point is that helping a player reach a  stat goal  isn't that uncommon so when it happens you should  look  at it within  the context of the game it  happens  in.  Save that bullet for a better target  Barney

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think you're making too much of it at all. You said it just right. It's unfathomable for Rivers to play him in garbage time for a very meaningless stat.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think you're making too much of it at all. You said it just right. It's unfathomable for Rivers to play him in garbage time for a very meaningless stat.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Magic and Stockton had their assists padded for years......it's supposed to be one pass which leads directly to a basket.  A pass to Kareem, who then backs the opposing Center in, taking 5 dribbles, then a Sky Hook is NOT an assist.  Neither is passing to Karl Malone, watch him dribble 5 times, then take a fall-away.

I don't have a problem with it......it's been going on for years!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

MEjon Rondo?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

MEjon Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it, we call Mr. Bryant koME, so you think MEjon is very funny..........oh, yeah, I get it!!!  HA HA HA!!! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

MEjon Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

I can see much substance in your 14 posts so far.  You are clearly a welcome addition to the board, and a typical lakers fan!!  Good job!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I vividly remember Bill Fitch putting an injured Gerald Henderson into a game for 5 seconds to keep his consecutive game streak alive.  His quote was, "the streak means nothing to me, but is means something to Gerald Henderson.....and Gerald Henderson means something to me...."   YES, he did learn that from Red!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

MEjon Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

I can see much substance in your 14 posts so far.  You are clearly a welcome addition to the board, and a typical lakers fan!!  Good job!!

[/QUOTE]

I am not a Lakers fan. But thank you for appreciating my posts.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Last nights game was in the books when Doc did Rondo a favor.   I'd be very concerned if Doc pulled his stunt with the game close or on  the line.

[/QUOTE]

Breaktime.... So if the game is close or on the line, putting the ball in R9R's hands is a stunt?

I have to agree for the most part.

Pud

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yes he truly is an idiot savant, without the savant part.

I truly picture the entire Celtics front office sitting around and saying. "yeah lets put a team together so that Rondo gets more assists, who cares if we win or lose"?

Wow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Breaktime.... So if the game is close or on the line, putting the ball in R9R's hands is a stunt?

I have to agree for the most part.

Pud

Sarcasm always appreciated, but you back away from addressing Doc  seting an "ugly" precedent, Bird going after individual stats, etc.
    I understand.  Sometimes  your distaste for Rondo makes you write posts that are indefensiible.