SECOND best PG in NBA is now shooting 50% from 16-23 feet! will he crush Magic's assist record?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: SECOND best PG in NBA is now shooting 50% from 16-23 feet! will he crush Magic's assist record?

this just isnt as big a deal as some are making it. Its not as if Doc spent the whole game trying to get Rondo 10 assists and it caused us to lose the game. Its the end of the game, an inevitable loss, so Doc thinks, "why not at least try to get something positive out of this sham of a game," so he gives his pg a chance to receive his 10. Why is everyone in such an uproar? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: SECOND best PG in NBA is now shooting 50% from 16-23 feet! will he crush Magic's assist record?

puddinpuddin stated the team was configured to get rondo assists and steals. wondering how the steals part of that statement works. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

puddinpuddin stated the team was configured to get rondo assists and steals. wondering how the steals part of that statement works. 

[/QUOTE]

Pud is a really bright guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His 10 assists last night were manufactured in gabage time.. pretty lame if u ask me.

Team got smoked and humiliated and Doc focused in on Rondo getting his 10... when he should have been on the bench cutting his minutes (anyone remember sprained ankle?) like the other starters.. 

I bet some players arent thrilled with Rondo due to his personality and being hailed the greatest this and that.. now the coach forces his 10 assists during a blowout of the team.. I dont like it.. break the streak before it costs us a game somewhere or builds resentment.

Maybe Im making too much of this but the Raiders got killed yesterday, then the Celtics so...... lol

Larry Bird once went for 60 points in garbage time. His teammates kept feeding him the ball to get to 60 points. So the Celtics have never been above this. Its human nature to go for something.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to jamesandersonwho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His 10 assists last night were manufactured in gabage time.. pretty lame if u ask me.

Team got smoked and humiliated and Doc focused in on Rondo getting his 10... when he should have been on the bench cutting his minutes (anyone remember sprained ankle?) like the other starters.. 

I bet some players arent thrilled with Rondo due to his personality and being hailed the greatest this and that.. now the coach forces his 10 assists during a blowout of the team.. I dont like it.. break the streak before it costs us a game somewhere or builds resentment.

Maybe Im making too much of this but the Raiders got killed yesterday, then the Celtics so...... lol

Larry Bird once went for 60 points in garbage time. His teammates kept feeding him the ball to get to 60 points. So the Celtics have never been above this. Its human nature to go for something.

[/QUOTE]

I remember AC Green playing for I think the Mavericks,  trying to keep his consecutive games played streak alive.  He started the game, and I think Dallas immediately fouls and took Green out of the game.  He added quite a few games on his streak after that.  Now that is a flawed record.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I have no problem with them getting him is 10 assists. It shows they care about their players. Whether players admit it or not they care about their accomplishments. Kome going for 80 pts. And what was the point there?  At ;east a assist is a stat that is unselfish.  Someone continuing to fire up shots for his onw glory is a different story.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Birds game vs Atlanta was certainly driven at the end to feed him..as he was red hot and its admitted, he wanted the Celtic scoring record after McHale just set it.. Oh, the Celtics also beat the Hawks easily that game..

Something about getting hosed by a 1-9 team and forcing the streak to stay alive rubs me wrong.. It also rubs me wrong that Rondo had missed the previous game due to a sprained ankle and he stayed in the Pistons game until he got his streak in the final seconds.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion.. just giving mine

Sections
Shortcuts