Second place in the East

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Second place in the East

For all of you who don't care about losing the last 3 of 4, we are now in second place after the Miami win tonight.  All I have to say is, it better not come down to a game 7 on the road in Miami. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Re: Second place in the East

I see us winning in miami like we have before...and besides that the heat cant handle the celtics in the playoffs at all on the road or at home...matchups arent in their favor in my opinion

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i really don't care if miami overtake us --- i said from the beginning, celtics will be in the same position like the previous year. they are old team, they will milk the games and win here and there. come playoff, they are ready and blow everyone..... again.

i don't believe shaq is sick, i do believe they are milking his body. when Perk returned, they gave the center position solely to Perk to polish his skills.

so, to get the home court advantage in the expense of breaking old legs, is not worth. this is the strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Second place in the East:
    [QUOTE]For all of you who don't care about losing the last 3 of 4, we are now in second place after the Miami win tonight.  All I have to say is, it better not come down to a game 7 on the road in Miami. 
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

The Celtics could still be in first place if they hadn't lost all of those back to back games and losses to the inferior teams.  With all of the injuries, I would imagine that they will continue to lose some games that they should win since players are forced to play too many minutes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Second place in the East:
    [QUOTE]so what is the guarentee that the C's are healthy by the playoffs? i think you guys are being overly optimistic for everything to fall into place for a 2nd straight year with the geriatric crew, no offense anyways, sunday should be a good game good luck and GO HEAT!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I hate to agree with you, but I see us losing to the Heat Sunday because of all the injuries.

I see the Celtics falling to 3rd in the East behind Miami and Chicago if they don't get their act together and get healthy. The team looked real tired these last couple of games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]so what is the guarentee that the C's are healthy by the playoffs? i think you guys are being overly optimistic for everything to fall into place for a 2nd straight year with the geriatric crew, no offense anyways, sunday should be a good game good luck and GO HEAT!

Which one is true, the Heat's "success" or that Boston has dropped a few games making the Heat 1 in the East???  Statistically Boston is the best defensive team and best offensive field goal shooting team at 53% and AND they are shorthanded. Heat might be in first place but they have yet beat the Celtics. Going into the playoffs, thats not a good sign to me!!  Keep celebrating others teams losses, it means nothing...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

you guys will be surprised --- the Celtics will beat the Heat --- again!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]i really don't care if miami overtake us --- i said from the beginning, celtics will be in the same position like the previous year. they are old team, they will milk the games and win here and there. come playoff, they are ready and blow everyone..... again. i don't believe shaq is sick, i do believe they are milking his body. when Perk returned, they gave the center position solely to Perk to polish his skills. so, to get the home court advantage in the expense of breaking old legs, is not worth. this is the strategy.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of in the fram of mind as well. (that's scary for Che I bet) :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second place in the East : I hate to agree with you, but I see us losing to the Heat Sunday because of all the injuries. I see the Celtics falling to 3rd in the East behind Miami and Chicago if they don't get their act together and get healthy. The team looked real tired these last couple of games.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

how can they be tired?  there were 2 or days in between games.  I don't buy that excuse.  They should be well rested for the game against Miami and if west returns then it will help bolster the bench some and the starters a little reprieve. We will have BBD, Wafer, and West to sub.  Erdan may even play, who knows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Until I see the Heat beat us in several games I will not concede it is inevitable they are better.  Lebron stalled in Cleveland against the Magic and the Celtics twice in playoff series.  Winning one even two games will prove nothing.  

Wade one won with Shaq.  In what was a championship year of winning by default.

I am not impressed with the Heat at this point. They are a group of individualistic stars that will never win because they are not complemented by the other players on the roster.  It is obvious. They may sneak through and win one but another team with better chemistry will surface in the next couple of years and see to  it they win maybe none or one over the next five years.

If they somehow could trade Lebron(or Wade) for Dwight Howard. Then I could see them winning several.  And we know that is never going  to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second place in the East : im not celebrating the C's losing in any way, shape or form. there is a simple fact about the celtics, they are older and because of this, they will take some nights off and have to fight through the injury bug more often stats show that miami has the best point differential in the league...and you know what? come tomorrow and in the playoffs it will mean nothing the heat havent beaten the celtics yet...but lets be realistic here...they can and they eventually will...if not this year than next, the celtics know who their challenger to the throne is and its a matter of time and personally...i think that is something we can all agree about

Sure you're not.(insert sarcastic laugh track).  You only come on when we lose, you never post after  a Heat loss, and you HIDE after the Celtics beat the Heat.  Pesonally, I hope we win tomorrow, because that would be another two weeks without your hypocrisy.  We've lost two  in a row, and you come out in full force.  After tomorrow, I predict one of two things:
    1.  IF we win, you won't show up on Monday.
    2.  IF we lose, and you have the best record in the East, you will say how important regular season wins are.  180 degrees from what you are saying now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

Same "OLE" CELTICS.  Start out like gangbusters, grab a big lead, let the crowd get false hope they'll have a blowout game, then collapse by scoring 33 points in the second half, such as was the case against LA.  I suppose this is what happens to "OLD MEN" when they go in at halftime.  What are they doing, taking a nap or something?  Should not be happening, especially from a professional sports team.  Their trademark used to be taking the "SECOND HALF" of games.  Now all of sudden, they look used and abused!!

What's their EXCUSE this year......  "INJURIES"??
    "STARTING FIVE" hasn't gotten to play many games together?
    Let's pull the jock strap up, and get going; with four All-Stars on this team, they really should be putting teams away.  Don't see Celtics winning title this year!!
    "WINDOW CLOSED"!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

heat will probably win tomorrow too cause of the lack of back ups. good thing about the heat, they are not as big as LA. we might be able to squeek one out. don't know if ray and paul play big minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

We were 4th last year and went to the finals....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Until I see the Heat beat us in several games I will not concede it is inevitable they are better.  Lebron stalled in Cleveland against the Magic and the Celtics twice in playoff series.  Winning one even two games will prove nothing.   Wade one won with Shaq.  In what was a championship year of winning by default. I am not impressed with the Heat at this point. They are a group of individualistic stars that will never win because they are not complemented by the other players on the roster.  It is obvious. They may sneak through and win one but another team with better chemistry will surface in the next couple of years and see to  it they win maybe none or one over the next five years. If they somehow could trade Lebron(or Wade) for Dwight Howard. Then I could see them winning several.  And we know that is never going  to happen.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    A, Lebron has the highest scoring average of any player in nba history against the celtics
    B. agreed...between the two challenging...regular season games mean little...although it couldnt hurt too much either way for either team to give the other something to think about
    C. how does any team win the championship by default?
    D. they are 27-2 with the big 3 healthy in their last 29 all together...advantage of a younger core eh?
    E. big men are few and far between in this league...and for the most part...the heat have shown that they can contain big men and at the very least, have a solid gameplan to combat howard

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

Yep, I wish the Celtics really think that a 4th seed would be guaranteed a final berth.

The Heat and the Bulls will be licking their chops when they play the Celtics with HCA. Last year it was LBJ tanking the series in order to move out of Cleveland. Who's it going to be this time around?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]We were 4th last year and went to the finals....
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Yes, but won't happen again this year. That is the exception, not the rule.  CHI, ORL, and MIA have all improved......................we need to better than last year. I would like #1, but #2 will be okay.  As long as either CHI at full strength or ORL gets to go against MIA first,   I'll be happy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second place in the East : Yes, but won't happen again this year. That is the exception, not the rule.  CHI, ORL, and MIA have all improved......................we need to better than last year. I would like #1, but #2 will be okay.  As long as either CHI at full strength or ORL gets to go against MIA first,   I'll be happy!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    why? the heat against those teams go a max of 6...but most likely the heat finish them in 5

sorry bub

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The Heat are sub .300  vs teams that are +.500. I'm more concerned with the health of opur squad than our mid season record.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]you guys will be surprised --- the Celtics will beat the Heat --- again!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Pleasanty so.  I hope you are right, man.   Would make an otherwise depressing weekend (end of my HS season) worthwhile!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Your right JJ.  It was a great game.  All our injuries and out top two scorers not shooting well and another Celtic win.  Don't you just love it?   Don't tell me that the Heat didn't look at this as a big game either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second place in the East : Pleasanty so.  I hope you are right, man.   Would make an otherwise depressing weekend (end of my HS season) worthwhile!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

you guys will be surprised --- the Celtics will beat the Heat --- again!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE

What did I tell you Hedley?

First  time I saw Rondo talking trash to Le-no_ringBron.
    I'm loving it!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second place in the East : why? the heat against those teams go a max of 6...but most likely the heat finish them in 5 sorry bub

don't count your chickens before they hatch Bub

Sections
Shortcuts