Sequence of events causing the Celtics to lose the first quarter lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Sequence of events causing the Celtics to lose the first quarter lead

Celtics were able to gain and hold a 14-18pt lead through most of the 2nd quarter. Then, suddenly, it dropped to a 6pt lead at the end of the half. The following sequence the events caused the loss of a double digit lead:

(from: Bass hitting the layup from a PP assist ~4:00 ; 14pt Lead)

1. Foul: Bradley on Chalmers bringing the ball up, Bradley cited as being 'too aggresive'

2. Chalmers makes free throw

3. Foul: Pierce offensive on a Chalmers flop

4. Foul: Jeff Green on Lebron James while both were jockeying for position on the low post.

5. Refs take several minutes to vigorously review a (valid) Paul Pierce 3pt'er from earlier. The call stands as originally called: 3 pts.

6. LBJ makes both free throws

7. Foul: Jason Terry on Lebron James, moving screen

8. Foul: Avery Bradley on Chalmers on a slight bump

9. Chalmers makes both free throws

10. Jeff Green missed 3pt shot

11. Battier makes 3pt shot

6 Point Game with 2pt fluctuations for the remaining 2 minutes until halftime. See a doctor if you do not see the pattern here.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Sequence of events causing the Celtics to lose the first quarter lead

No fk the 90s - this is unacceptable. You got people posting on here thank you letters to the Refs. Did anyone watch the game? We would have ran away with it early if the fracking refs didn't call 6 fouls on the Celtics in a row. One. After. The. Other. And smack in the middle of the 6, they take minutes to review Paul's shot. You tell me that didn't affect the tempo? the pace?? the intensity??? ... the Refs clearly impacted the game

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Celtics were able to gain and hold a 14-18pt lead through most of the 2nd quarter. Then, suddenly, it dropped to a 6pt lead at the end of the half. The following sequence the events caused the loss of a double digit lead:

1. Foul: Bradley on Chalmers bringing the ball up, Bradley cited as being 'too aggresive'

4. Foul: Jeff Green on Lebron James while both were jockeying for position on the low post.

5. Refs take several minutes to vigorously review a (valid) Paul Pierce 3pt'er from earlier. The call stands as originally called: 3 pts.

6 Point Game with 2pt fluctuations for the remaining 2 minutes until halftime. See a doctor if you do not see the pattern here.

Thank you for documenting it. Please send a copy to the league office. Seriously.

I felt the same way after that Laker Sacramento playoff disgrace a few years ago.

I will never forget that game,  nor the way Dallas was treated by the refs in the finals with Wade a few years back.  At times it so blatant it is a farce.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

One other question.  I know we got called for a few travels in the game.  I don't remember the Heat getting called for any of them.  I know of several times the Heat did indeed travel without a call but they see all of ours?   First quarter Lebron clearly takes about 3-4 steps for a layup and Avery clearly sees it and motions to the ref about it. But 3 refs don't see it?  Hell they are paid to see it ,  yet a guy playing defense can point it out to them.

Another time Lebron was pivoting off of his left foot which was located next to the top of the key.  After pivoting around a while and before he ever put the ball on the floor that same pivot foot was right next to the 3 pt line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

One other question.  I know we got called for a few travels in the game.  I don't remember the Heat getting called for any of them.  I know of several times the Heat did indeed travel without a call but they see all of ours?   First quarter Lebron clearly takes about 3-4 steps for a layup and Avery clearly sees it and motions to the ref about it. But 3 refs don't see it?  Hell they are paid to see it ,  yet a guy playing defense can point it out to them.

Another time Lebron was pivoting off of his left foot which was located next to the top of the key.  After pivoting around a while and before he ever put the ball on the floor that same pivot foot was right next to the 3 pt line.

KG gets one called a game on him for a shuffle that is rarely called on other stars. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"And like I said, the NBA makes more money if the Heat continue winning."

AZZ i think you heard that from CHE yesterday--- so, how' bradley's shooting against miami? Oh I thought he will put an ankle collar to wade?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

miami cheats roll along

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

======================================

I agree with your excellent assessment of the lost lead but I feel that we played so well too in the 3rd Qtr & early 4th with game tied, we broke away again for a 10 pt lead at the 7 min mark and it was 96-86. I feel the key here was the misfortune of a missed Heat shot, we get rebound, and coming up court the ball goes off the foot of Crawford resulting in an easy dunk. Then, as bad luck would have it, LeBron was 1 for 4 in 3s but hit his 4th try for a dagger with only 2-3 minutes left giving them a 1-2 pt lead so then winning was a 50-50% proposition. 

In the old days with Bird, McHale & Parish, the 17 pt lead would have turned into another 17 the 2nd half. Ah yes, memories !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I can't help but to come back to this. We should have won this game and the refs stole it from us. The NBA is a disgrace. People are up in arms over last nights last minute loss, blaming Doc, blaming PP, but if the refs didn't steal the heat game from us, I think we win this game easily. The game has got to be in everyone's mind still. The 2nd quarter disgrace that I outlined above and especially the goaltend in the last few minutes.... we are the team to beat the heat. Nobody gives us any credit and they still don't. We have a great team, one that gets even better when Rondo returns. I almost don't want to watch the playoff series vs the heat because of the inevitable inequity in calls.

Sections
Shortcuts