SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN?

i live here in the baltimore md area after living for over 20 years in the boston area. cant believe the difference in attitude. here, everyone expects to lose, even raven fans. they hate their qb, have serious divisions on race in terms of who they cheer or dont cheer for in terms of teams and players and overall pessimism. cant say i blame them as the orioles just lost AGAIN 15-3. sox and yanks come here and they almost ALWAYS get more fans for the orioles home games than they do. even walking around, you can tell the sox or yanks here by all the caps and uniform shirts you see around. vendors and local business types LOVE them! raven fans have to deal with their inferiority with brady (ask terrell suggs) and the pats as well as with the steelers, and of course their basketball team... never mind, they do not have one, but if they had one....

anyway, sox and dice-k (the rondo of the sox) last night dominate the angels AGAIN as they are hitting on every cylinder, 8 straight games with a starter going at least 5 innings and under 3 runs, tying a record as every hitter is now bashing the ball including tek (the other rondo of the sox) and crawford. the bruins win in a THRILLER last night to take a 3-2 lead. they may in line for a ring as well. the pats are off but clearly brady is still the man even in the off-season. every time doc has a great game he is increasingly referred to as the BELICHICK of the NBA as he is fast becoming the BEST coach in the league (yep over phil and popovich his parcells-like mentor). pats are primed to make big noise with all their draft picks and to re-stock their way to another deep playoff run and high win limelight season. 

of course, our celts are in line to run the table all through the playoffs. how's that achilles/cal SHAQFLON? tonight after we sweep the knicks and the sox break a team record for the most dominant stretch for starting pitching in its history, we would have ended one of the best weeks in boston sports recent history! this can keep going on for weeks on end as the bruins and sox get their ringsand the sox play their way into their third of the theo era, putting pressure all over the king of rings PATS to keep up when that season eventually starts! 

what's up with the revolution (soccer team)? they too are ring-competitive. this is hands-down the best sports city in the country! cheers to the BOOMERS nad DREAMERS!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN?

In Response to SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN?:
    [QUOTE]i live here in the baltimore md area after living for over 20 years in the boston area. cant believe the difference in attitude. here, everyone expects to lose, even raven fans. they hate their qb, have serious divisions on race in terms of who they cheer or dont cheer for in terms of teams and players and overall pessimism. cant say i blame them as the orioles just lost AGAIN 15-3. sox and yanks come here and they almost ALWAYS get more fans for the orioles home games than they do. even walking around, you can tell the sox or yanks here by all the caps and uniform shirts you see around. vendors and local business types LOVE them! raven fans have to deal with their inferiority with brady (ask terrell suggs) and the pats as well as with the steelers, and of course their basketball team... never mind, they do not have one, but if they had one.... anyway, sox and dice-k (the rondo of the sox) last night dominate the angels AGAIN as they are hitting on every cylinder, 8 straight games with a starter going at least 5 innings and under 3 runs, tying a record as every hitter is now bashing the ball including tek (the other rondo of the sox) and crawford. the bruins win in a THRILLER last night to take a 3-2 lead. they may in line for a ring as well. the pats are off but clearly brady is still the man even in the off-season. every time doc has a great game he is increasingly referred to as the BELICHICK of the NBA as he is fast becoming the BEST coach in the league (yep over phil and popovich his parcells-like mentor). pats are primed to make big noise with all their draft picks and to re-stock their way to another deep playoff run and high win limelight season.  of course, our celts are in line to run the table all through the playoffs. how's that achilles/cal SHAQFLON? tonight after we sweep the knicks and the sox break a team record for the most dominant stretch for starting pitching in its history, we would have ended one of the best weeks in boston sports recent history! this can keep going on for weeks on end as the bruins and sox get their ringsand the sox play their way into their third of the theo era, putting pressure all over the king of rings PATS to keep up when that season eventually starts!  what's up with the revolution (soccer team)? they too are ring-competitive. this is hands-down the best sports city in the country! cheers to the BOOMERS nad DREAMERS!  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more - what sent you to Baltimore?

Which of the 4 major teams is most likely to win the next title in Boston?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You are right.  We have been very fortunate to have such good teams for the last decade.  I am not sure who will a championship next, but I really would like to see the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.  Just not sure how long it will take for this to happen.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Sorry But I only follow the Celtics cause I am very passionate abiut them,  but good luck to all Boston teams

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN?:
    [QUOTE]You are right.  We have been very fortunate to have such good teams for the last decade.  I am not sure who will a championship next, but I really would like to see the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.  Just not sure how long it will take for this to happen.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]this is the year for the bruins, love the savage attitude they are playing with. spreading the wealth as well, you never know who is going to make the big play or put the puck in the net. they are getting contributions from everyone. capitals may be their biggest obstacle to the big russian but we'll see... i am definitely getting that fat lady in the building for the celts for barring some unforseen injury, she will be singing to the other teams starting with the knocks tonight. this is the boston year-season. by the end of this year, i expect rings from celts-bruins-sox. toughest challenge may actually be with the pats! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN? : Could not agree more - what sent you to Baltimore? Which of the 4 major teams is most likely to win the next title in Boston?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]going with bruins because they  finish before the nba then going with celts immediately thereafter as the sox push for third later on this year. these things snowball for the pressure will be all over metro boy brady to do the same with the pats. looking for the quadeta! 

came to baltimore for better career and relationship opportunities appeared. but my heart still bleeads green and boston... kind of life ms. lithium all the way in seattle!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN? : this is the year for the bruins, love the savage attitude they are playing with. spreading the wealth as well, you never know who is going to make the big play or put the puck in the net. they are getting contributions from everyone. capitals may be their biggest obstacle to the big russian but we'll see... i am definitely getting that fat lady in the building for the celts for barring some unforseen injury, she will be singing to the other teams starting with the knocks tonight. this is the boston year-season. by the end of this year, i expect rings from celts-bruins-sox. toughest challenge may actually be with the pats! 

You are being very optimistic.  It would be great to see both the Bruins and Celtics win this year.   I would be very surprised if this happened, but I suppose it is possible.   The Red Sox are getting better, but not sure they have what it takes to win this year.   Too early in the season to predict what will happen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sorry man, I am humbled by having Playoff teams, but it's about Championships.. then is doesn't get any better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN? : You are being very optimistic.  It would be great to see both the Bruins and Celtics win this year.   I would be very surprised if this happened, but I suppose it is possible.   The Red Sox are getting better, but not sure they have what it takes to win this year.   Too early in the season to predict what will happen. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]i agree but as a fan if its close to half anfd half i am going with the half that says dreamer and boomer, not doomer.. why not? it certainly is POSSIBLE! it isnt like the sox are exactly the pirates. have you noticed the record-breaking pace the starting unit is on lately? dice-k rondo has been bringing it just like rr when je cares in the playoffs, even lackey is dealing, beckett is having a career best streak , lowrie.. all this with crawford, youk and gonzo still far from full stride. sox have not come close to peaking yet. i say by june as the weather heats up WATCH OUT! keep the faith. but yep in the right here and now, i LOVE both the bruins and celts. lets take it one team at a time right? we have luxuries no other city has. look at NY, the richest market.. their hockey team just got the boot, their high-priced nba team is getting the boot tonight, their yanks are underdogs for the first time, predicted to finish second or third to the sox in the division regardless of how many useless HRs they hit. that patchwork pitching staff will not hold up, nor willl mariano by the way... odds will catch up with them. sox have depth to weather any adversity at all positions. interestingly like rondo, the person with the most indispensable tools (not the most indispensable player) is VARITEK! if he is lost for a long time, sox will still prevail but likely won't be a juggernaut. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Go O's...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN? : i agree but as a fan if its close to half anfd half i am going with the half that says dreamer and boomer, not doomer.. why not? it certainly is POSSIBLE! it isnt like the sox are exactly the pirates. have you noticed the record-breaking pace the starting unit is on lately? dice-k rondo has been bringing it just like rr when je cares in the playoffs, even lackey is dealing, beckett is having a career best streak , lowrie.. all this with crawford, youk and gonzo still far from full stride. sox have not come close to peaking yet. i say by june as the weather heats up WATCH OUT! keep the faith. but yep in the right here and now, i LOVE both the bruins and celts. lets take it one team at a time right? we have luxuries no other city has. look at NY, the richest market.. their hockey team just got the boot, their high-priced nba team is getting the boot tonight, their yanks are underdogs for the first time, predicted to finish second or third to the sox in the division regardless of how many useless HRs they hit. that patchwork pitching staff will not hold up, nor willl mariano by the way... odds will catch up with them. sox have depth to weather any adversity at all positions. interestingly like rondo, the person with the most indispensable tools (not the most indispensable player) is VARITEK! if he is lost for a long time, sox will still prevail but likely won't be a juggernaut. 

Definitely agree with you about Varitek.  He is one of the best catchers the Red Sox have ever had and the reason that this team is finally winning games.  I hope that Saltamacchia does improve, but if he doesn't I really believe that they will try to find someone else and send him to the minor leagues.  Although, I don't think their are many catchers available.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER AS A BOSTON SPORTS FAN? : Definitely agree with you about Varitek.  He is one of the best catchers the Red Sox have ever had and the reason that this team is finally winning games.  I hope that Saltamacchia does improve, but if he doesn't I really believe that they will try to find someone else and send him to the minor leagues.  Although, I don't think their are many catchers available.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]well susan, easier said than done regarding salty. for the same reason we keep bringing tek back, we have to keep increasing our salt intake. fact is salty is like a starting quaterback in football. once he goes through all those reps and bonds with everyone, you may bench him but you really do not want to completely cut him in the middle of the season. we are stuck with him. tek cannot catch more than 3 times a week unless we want to hasten his usual injury process. i dont care what salt hits or how he throws, about calling games and making the pitchers better. so far, he has proven that with the real ace (lester) and clay. still a work in progress with lackey but he did a great job last time out. perhaps sox may switch it up and make him catch twice 2 usual guys but give him either dice or beck every other week or so. these guys will have to lose their tek blanket at some point. i think we should ride things out with salt no matter what unless there is an injury