Shake up the lineup!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upforglory. Show upforglory's posts

Shake up the lineup!

If the Cap'n is still hurt (and he is), start Green at sf, back him up with Sasha. If Ray is still hurt (and he is) start Delonte at SG. Rondo has to start, but back him up with Arroyo or Bradley (and Bradley might slow down Wade)
       Start JO, KG, giving us: JO, KG, JG, DW and RR - pretty fast, pretty aggressive  unit.
       Play Shaq - even 10 minutes unless it will do permanent damage - and shut down the middle, five hard fouls. JO as many minutes as he can muster. Use Krystic to back up KG
       Go at them in the paint, try to get them in foul trouble, go down swinging and let's see what some of our ``second unit'' can do before the off-season. Why did we make all these acquisitions if not to be used RIGHT NOW!
       If we can survive a game this way, we just might get back into this.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Re: Shake up the lineup!

I am sure some people with faint when I say this. I love Rondo but what about trying Delonte at point? Having a point with a shot may help. I am not sure if I like it because when their clicking with Rondo, we are very tough. But I sure would try it. I think Jeff Green has the ability but I think being thrust into this situation has been brutal for him. Perk was sooooo beloved by his teammates. I think Jeff Green can help, but he needs to play up closer on Lebron, put a body on him. Hound the hell out of LeBron. If Lebron, spins off him, another player needs to rotate over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

You don't want to start experimenting in this crucial game 3. If players can't go OK, bit I'm sure they'll be OK sat. The experimenting should have been done in the regular season and now its too late.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seventeenth. Show seventeenth's posts

I agree that the lineup should be shaken up.  Green will be key and he should be in the line-up every time Lebron is playing.  He can be given a blow once in a while but I think he should become Lebron's shadow.  

Ray or PP I think should focus their defensive energy on Wade. This will give them enough strength to still be effective on the offensive end.

KG can handle Bosh 

Krstic should start if Ilgauskas continues to start for the Heat. I think we will have a slight advantage and it might bring out some energy and intensity from Nenad. JO will have a great advantage against the second unit of Miami.

So my starters will be Rondo, KG, Ray, Green and Nenad.

With PP coming in around the 6 min. mark to relieve Ray in defending Wade.

The second unit will be PP, Delonte, Davis, Green :) and JO

Together with shaking-up the lineup, team defense will be very important to off-set Miami's athleticism. 

Go CELTICS! Beat the Heat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

The only lineup change that should be made is putting Jeff Green in before Big Baby, always.

If LeBron goes to the 4 slide KG up to the 5 and put in Green. Big Baby can not play in that situation.

Big Baby probably just shouldn't play at all against the heat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't think a lineup change is necessary.  Too many variables are still in play.  But I would monitor everyone and possibly change the rotation patterns once the game started.

I would give Rondo, Pierce and Ray a very short leash.  I'd start the normal lineup in hopes that being home and somewhat rested after a 3-day layoff might get them going.  I'd see if they can come out aggressive, with a sense of urgency and feed off the crowd.

If they come out flat and lethargic, I'd immediately throw Delonte and Jeff Green in for whoever among them appears to be flat and not ready.  I'd also have Baby on standby.  I'd look for any edge that I could find to kick-start this team and get that fire going.

But I would not change the lineup.  I'd change the rotations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Shake up the lineup!:
    [QUOTE]I don't think a lineup change is necessary.  Too many variables are still in play.  But I would monitor everyone and possibly change the rotation patterns once the game started. I would give Rondo, Pierce and Ray a very short leash.  I'd start the normal lineup in hopes that being home and somewhat rested after a 3-day layoff might get them going.  I'd see if they can come out aggressive, with a sense of urgency and feed off the crowd. If they come out flat and lethargic, I'd immediately throw Delonte and Jeff Green in for whoever among them appears to be flat and not ready.  I'd also have Baby on standby.  I'd look for any edge that I could find to kick-start this team and get that fire going. But I would not change the lineup.  I'd change the rotations.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Great post.  You should be coaching the Celtics. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think a lineup change is necessary.  Too many variables are still in play.  But I would monitor everyone and possibly change the rotation patterns once the game started. I would give Rondo, Pierce and Ray a very short leash.  I'd start the normal lineup in hopes that being home and somewhat rested after a 3-day layoff might get them going.  I'd see if they can come out aggressive, with a sense of urgency and feed off the crowd. If they come out flat and lethargic, I'd immediately throw Delonte and Jeff Green in for whoever among them appears to be flat and not ready.  I'd also have Baby on standby.  I'd look for any edge that I could find to kick-start this team and get that fire going. But I would not change the lineup.  I'd change the rotations.

Good points Petey62

The first person I would watch is Rondo. If he's not pushing the ball or hitting open shots and just not effective I would go with West.

I think Shaq is going to change the way the series looks. If he can give us some good minutes early I think it's going to force them to change their aggressive defense and fade towards Shaq. This should create better looks for everyone.

Win one game in convincing fashion and all the confidence shifts back to the C's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BiasLewis, I could not have said it better.  We need ONE WIN, the more convincing, the better.  But you are right.  I sure hope Shaq will effect the game some.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvuceltic. Show wvuceltic's posts

In case you missed it, Rondo had 20 points, 12 assists and 6 rebounds last game. Pretty impressive stats. He always had his best free throw shooting game in a long time. Not time to change your Point Guard. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think making adjustments with the line up with guys beat up is a great idea.  I think guys like Wafer in spots should be used as well.  He can create and shoot threes.  I remember watching the subs play so well in the last two regular season games and hoped for some follow through by Doc.  Sadly it just ain't going to happen with Doc.  
    On the Shaq issue I am highly skeptical that he will help them win this next game.  Which worries me because he may be a distraction.  We are capable of beating the Heat and are due for a good game and Shaq might get in the way. He is not Willis Reed to this Celtic team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't bother making adjustments, the celtics are D-O-N-E!  I really thought they would be able to knock off the Heat but the way they have played it will be lucky if they can get even one win.

As far as the Lakers go, I hate to say it but their hearts were taken in game one.  They may get one or maybe two wins but no way they come back being down 0-2!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Shake up the lineup!:
    [QUOTE]If the Cap'n is still hurt (and he is), start Green at sf, back him up with Sasha. If Ray is still hurt (and he is) start Delonte at SG. Rondo has to start, but back him up with Arroyo or Bradley (and Bradley might slow down Wade)    Start JO, KG, giving us: JO, KG, JG, DW and RR - pretty fast, pretty aggressive  unit.    Play Shaq - even 10 minutes unless it will do permanent damage - and shut down the middle, five hard fouls. JO as many minutes as he can muster. Use Krystic to back up KG    Go at them in the paint, try to get them in foul trouble, go down swinging and let's see what some of our ``second unit'' can do before the off-season. Why did we make all these acquisitions if not to be used RIGHT NOW!    If we can survive a game this way, we just might get back into this.   
    Posted by upforglory[/QUOTE]

Green is a bad idea. I'd be happier if he stopped playing in this series:

With Green guarding him, James made 8-of-12 field goals, scoring 17 points. By this writer’s count, Green contested just two of the 12 shots. Prior to Green entering the game. James hadn't scored.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from odessagolfer. Show odessagolfer's posts

Do you all really think that this series is over?  No way!  The Celts played lousy and were in both games.  They got crap out of most everyone and were still in the game. My only challenge is that they let the home court advantage get away and that has cost them 2 games.  My prediction is that they play way better at home and win the next game, fairly easily. 

The real concern for me is game 4.  They won't be swept!

Now, if the big 4 don't get off to a solid start, I suggest that they make quick moves.  Not all at once, but get Green, Davis and West into game to give them some time to get comfortable.  They can all score and they were getting good looks in Miami.  The problem with the 2nd team is that they have been put in when the Celts have been behind and they have forced shots.  If they get in when it's early enough to gain some confidence, they can be productive.

No way that Jones continues his shooting and if, it's a big if, Shaq can play 10 -20 minutes and lock down the lane, Miami will start to falter. They truly seem to flourish after a couple of big play dunks and that gives them confidence.  Stop them early and we control the game.

If it's close at the end, Celts win, but if the Celts can work as they have and build the lead, by the end we are up 10 -15 and game 3 is ours. 

New post for game 4!

Just my thoughts!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Do you all really think that this series is over?  No way! 
    Posted by odessagolfer[/QUOTE]

After seeing the first two games I would pretty much say it's over.  They just have to go through the formality of it all and play these next two games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]BiasLewis, I could not have said it better.  We need ONE WIN, the more convincing, the better.  But you are right.  I sure hope Shaq will effect the game some.

I don't think Shaq will be the difference..He could help with his size but for me the ball handling, shot selection, and going after the ball is the key to win the series..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Petey hit the nail on the head. Great post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Making some adjustments to the match-ups may help give our starters some relief. At some point in the game, Krstic may be put on Ilgauskas, Pavlovic on LeBron, Wafer on Wade, Murphy on Bosh. I'm all for using the full complement of reserves. We need to keep our starters fresh down the stretch. If I were coaching, I'd instruct the reserves to play their hearts out -- go for every lose ball, play physical and commit hard (not dirty) fouls and keep everything basic (no fancy plays). Celtics will win the series with a full team effort, and not with the starting five plus two or three.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

I'd take any five stiffs from the local morgue. Can't be any worse than what the Cs are currently putting on the court.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shake up the lineup! : After seeing the first two games I would pretty much say it's over.  They just have to go through the formality of it all and play these next two games.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

You are pathetic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The only reason to change the starting line up would be to add Shaq. Last time he looked like he had to prove that he deserved to be in the starting line up and hurt him self. I do think that KG and Shaq work great together on offense. On defense, well Shaq is too slow to guard anyone effectively. JO has been undependable on offense, and he has trouble with a small starting line up.

Doc may feel that JO has earned his stripes, so I expect Shaq to add some offensive punch if the Celtic's first team is struggling early.

With home court, a healthy Heat lead, and Celtic pride, I expect a win in game three. Shaq could be the catalystfor improved confidence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shake up the lineup! : You are pathetic.
    Posted by KamikazeKnight00[/QUOTE]

LoL, I'm pathetic for telling it like it is? Okay!  But you need to wake up and smell the coffee here, no way the Celtics have a chance in this oine.

Sections
Shortcuts