Shaq coming back when?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq coming back when?

I was thrilled to see the news on Shaq not being seriously injured last Sunday. Here we are again and we just don't know?  This is the way injuries to the Celtics are handled and who can feel overly confident about Shaq right now. 

We really have to wonder, unless someone has some news to share.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Shaq coming back when?

shaq could be in better shape than the perception being given by the celtics. that's not only conceivable, but likely IMO.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey and Kirk,
    I sure hope you are right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If Shaq came back tomorrow, he probably wouldn't make it thru warmups before coming up lame.... so it's best to wait til midweek.... or even later.

Look at his horoscope (Pisces) for something more definitive.

Pud 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq coming back when?:
    [QUOTE]shaq could be in better shape than the perception being given by the celtics. that's not only conceivable, but likely IMO.  
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    I really hope you are right.  You know what, forget it, I'm sorry BaileyPowe, but you're wrong.  I really respect many of the things you post.  But this is ridiculous!  It is not "likely" at all that Shaq is in ANY kind of shape.  What is going on that is conceivable to even "think" that Shaq would remotely be in better shape that the perception being given by the Celtics?

In the grand total of 37 games played, Shaq has done NOTHING this entire season to suggest this.  Everything about Shaq this seaon lies in total contrast of this belief.  Shaq is NOT in better shape, conceivably or any other "....ably".  Shaq is in NO shape.  All season, whatever perception the Celtics have given has been pointed to the more-promising side.

The Celtics could have come out before the All Star break and simply said "Shaq will be out for the rest of the regular season."  They did not do that.  From that point on, Shaq was always supposed to return in no more than a few weeks.  At no point did the Celtics ever suggest he'd be out as long as he's been.  Part of that has been whatever injury suits him at that time but IMO, it's mainly because he has not worked extremely hard to get into basketball shape to help this team.  We knew what we were getting but Shaq no longer has that "heart of a champion".

Whatever happens in the post-season, I think Shaq is gone, voluntary or involuntary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

we've had this conversation before, petey. i understand that you don't agree w/ me on this and i understand why. danny and doc know better than we do where shaq's at w/ his health. they don't strike me as being overly worried about it. or did i miss something? the celtics have always been somewhat conniving in the way they go about their business. that started with red and continues with danny. we'll see what shakes out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq coming back when? : I really hope you are right.  You know what, forget it, I'm sorry BaileyPowe, but you're wrong.  I really respect many of the things you post.  But this is ridiculous!  It is not " likely " at all that Shaq is in ANY kind of shape.  What is going on that is conceivable to even "think" that Shaq would remotely be in better shape that the perception being given by the Celtics? In the grand total of 37 games played, Shaq has done NOTHING this entire season to suggest this.  Everything about Shaq this seaon lies in total contrast of this belief.  Shaq is NOT in better shape, conceivably or any other "....ably".  Shaq is in NO shape.  All season, whatever perception the Celtics have given has been pointed to the more-promising side. The Celtics could have come out before the All Star break and simply said " Shaq will be out for the rest of the regular season. "  They did not do that.  From that point on, Shaq was always supposed to return in no more than a few weeks.  At no point did the Celtics ever suggest he'd be out as long as he's been.  Part of that has been whatever injury suits him at that time but IMO, it's mainly because he has not worked extremely hard to get into basketball shape to help this team.  We knew what we were getting but Shaq no longer has that " heart of a champion ". Whatever happens in the post-season, I think Shaq is gone, voluntary or involuntary.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Great post and I definitely agree that the Celtics will win or lose in the playoffs without Shaq.  The chances of him being a contributing factor during the playoffs are almost non-existent. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]No need to worry about Shaq right now. JO is the player the Celts really need. The more time JO gets the better. He's the ideal big man for the Celts, can play inside or outside, good FT shooter, and is a good inside the paint defender.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right and tend to really like you posts, but I'm worried you are wrong here. In the Bulls game Chicago had success putting Noah on KG and letting 6'9'' Carlos Boozer guard JO. If Shaq is in they wouldn't dare try that. 

I think JO can be huge for us, but Shaq gives us an enforcer and size advantage at both center and power forward. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Shaq adds a new dimension to our team..  He causes big matchup problems.

Regarding his health?? Well, leave to the Celtics to lead you in circles. They are the worse organization in sports history when it comes to injuries.

Either they are purposely lying about expected return dates, like they did with KG 2 years ago or their medical staff/trainers are completely incompetent.

How well is this team prepared physically? How many other teams have the amounts of injuries like the C's do? Yea, they have older players and thats why the trainer has to get them prepared properly to avoid the muscle strains, pulls etc. Thats why their coach has to watch their minutes and not over extend them an entire season or mutli seasons...  Thats why the coach shouldnt play a JON 5 minutes... then sit him for 15 so he gets nice and cold that when he comes back in, he snaps something.

Its either that or this teams management are lying P O S. Shaq will be out a couple weeks...3 months ago!  KG will be back, er make that maybe next week, er... make that for the playoffs, er, make that for the 2nd round...er, KG is done for the season.

Either liars, incompetents or both...take your choice

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Shaq has the Pops covered

Shaq is "healthy enough" to conduct the Boston Pops if their lead conductor goes down again.

This according to a Celtic trainer who wishes to remain unnamed (due to the sensitivity of the matter).

So that sound pretty optimistic to me.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I agree this whole dealing with injuries thing by the Celtics staff is baffling at best.
    As for Shaq, I can't imagine him contributing much during the playoffs. I mean, the guy hasn't played for months! If he does play we should all be hoping that nobody blows on him for another injury. I'm not blaming Shaq (though I'm pretty sure he likes being the focus of the "when will he be back" attention), but I think his body has had enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Fat Shaq will be rested until the playoffs....then who knows!  He's a side show now and does not figure to be anything in the playoffs!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I wouldn't say that. I think the Celtics need him to contribute if they hope to win the championship. The big four are key. But the bench really need to fire. Shaq included. Felt bad for Shaq when he picked up his injuries this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If Shaq doesn't show up for the playoffs, DA had better stay home too

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm going to try and stay optimistic about how this season finishes. I think the team we saw right after the trade (scoring more) is the team that will eventually resurface.

Something tells me Shaq isn't as injured as he claims to be. I think he is trying to save himself for that ring. I think he knows if he plays now he could get a fluke injury and it's over. His career would be over without even making a difference in the playoffs. I think he'd rather give himself 16 games to get #5. He knows he won't be playing against any big C's unless he meets Howard. He knows our position will not change right now and the real money comes when the playoffs start.

I think we're going to see a different team and different Shaq next week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq coming back when? : Great post and I definitely agree that the Celtics will win or lose in the playoffs without Shaq.  The chances of him being a contributing factor during the playoffs are almost non-existent. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan, I usually agree with your posts, however this one I have to disagree. If you remember in 2008 PJ Brown's few minutes of fame turned out to be a huge contributing factor.  Shaq's presence, even it is to offer 6 extra fouls on a Howard or Bynum, not to mention the psychological confidence that Shaq offers if there any more "bullying attempts",no pun intended, by a Kurt Thomas type, is going to be far more important than what PJ Brown offered. Shaq, at minimum, is going to be KG's, Paul's, and Baby Shaq's (BBD) protector. Not only that, his vendetta against Kobe is going to end up being a contributing factor in itself. Particularly, if the Celtics can somehow continue to have home court advantage if the Celtics and Lakers make the finals. We need Shaq just for more than his work on the court.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]we've had this conversation before, petey. i understand that you don't agree w/ me on this and i understand why. danny and doc know better than we do where shaq's at w/ his health. they don't strike me as being overly worried about it. or did i miss something? the celtics have always been somewhat conniving in the way they go about their business. that started with red and continues with danny. we'll see what shakes out.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Yes BaileyPowe, we definitely have disagreed on this point.  However, I do hope you are right.  I really do.

What would strike you as Danny and Doc being worried?  The fact that they don't seem overly worried is what bothers me.  They have been this way since announcing Shaq would return during the 4 game west coast post-All Star game road trip.  They were this way when they announced he should return in the GSW Friday home game (right after the 4 game west coast swing) after seeing him at practice.  I get the perception that they don't want to alarm folks which is exactly what will happen if they were to come out with concern KNOWING the chances of Shaq returning are slim to none.

I hope I am wrong but I would not be surprised to hear THIS WEEK that Shaq will not play until the second round of the playoffs.  I anticipate he will be ready in Game 1 of the first round but I would not be surprised if he was not ready.

Again, BaileyPowe, I sure hope you're right.  I want him manning the paint, I need him manning the paint.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Petey,
    I hope you are wrong but think you are probably right.  This injury to Shaq whatever it was was not good.  The calf and the achilles are very much connected in terms of the leg area and the stress in his calf area could have more serious ramifications.  We will find out of course but if JO and the new people start to mesh this team is good enough to win without Shaq. Not saying I want to do it without Shaq but we can do it and we very well may have to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

concord, I want Shaq to play but, if he doesn't, oh well.  Last season, we had Perk and Sheed playing the center position for the playoffs.  We'd just have to go at it with JON and Krstic.

Sections
Shortcuts