Shaq could play Sunday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Shaq could play Sunday.

Doc Rivers said wednesday if Shaq makes the trip to New York, it is because the team thinks he can play on Sunday.

Well, it looks like Shaq is making the trip. 

Like many of you, I wouldn't be exactly shocked if it didn't happen, but this is at least encouraging. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Re: Shaq could play Sunday.

I'll believe it when I see it (for more than 5 minutes)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Who cares? This Shaq injury upating fiasco is no longer newsworthy or relevant....let's hear more on the players who show up every night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveStigmatic. Show SteveStigmatic's posts

Just have him rest until Miami

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"but this is at least encouraging"

I'm tired of the endless updates and setbacks, it's all rope a dope to me at this point. 

If we can't beat the Knicks without Shaq we don't deserve to advance. 

I for one hope they don't play him. Shaq has an injury that only heals with rest, so why not hold him out until the next round even if he is ready to play (unless we go to game 7). Even if Shaq is ready I'll be annoyed if Doc plays him against the Knicks. Let him rest as long as possible now given the nature of his injury. 

That will also spare us from endless "shaq may play tonight" forum updates.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Doc said I could play Sunday too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I say lets move on without Shaq. I'm also tired of the updates. If we lose without him so be it.

*shrugs*

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I really dont want to see him play sunday.  Lets see how we do Friday.  I think we can close this out in N.Y.  despite out poor play, I believe the team will play better on the road and the bench cant play worse.  Doc said he will play Kristic and he said Green is working hard and just needs direction...so I'll take those encouraging words...but I have said it b4, if this teams needs Shaq to get by N.Y. then we are done.

Why rush him back...I wouldnt suit him up for atleast another week or so....  This has been our problem all year...mis evaluating guys, brining them back too early and suffering setbacks....Im good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq could play Sunday.:
    " but this is at least encouraging" I'm tired of the endless updates and setbacks, it's all rope a dope to me at this point.  If we can't beat the Knicks without Shaq we don't deserve to advance.  I for one hope they don't play him. Shaq has an injury that only heals with rest, so why not hold him out until the next round even if he is ready to play (unless we go to game 7). Even if Shaq is ready I'll be annoyed if Doc plays him against the Knicks. Let him rest as long as possible now given the nature of his injury.  That will also spare us from endless "shaq may play tonight" forum updates.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

hey don't like it don't read it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

I see no reason to rush him back now. As it was said earlier in the post, his injury requires rest, and considering the NBA playoffs are essentially, April, May, June madness, why not hold him out until the next round. IF we do it will be essentially over a month off due to all of the days between games. Let the man rest and look to the future rounds

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Woulda, shoulda, coulda

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I'll believe it when I see his ample behind on the court.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Posted by SteveStigmatic

Yep.  There is no reason to play Shaq at all until then. 

But I highly doubt this news is anything more than a way to try to placate the Boston masses.    This entire story is playing out exactly like it was with KG two years ago.  I think the news is going to be pretty bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Whatever!!!!!! Let Shaq sit this series out, and if he can play
    at all let it be with Miami.
    And don't give any more updates on Shaq, when and if he
    plays again, just have him show up and play.

Good luck C's!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I really dont want to see him play sunday.  Lets see how we do Friday.  I think we can close this out in N.Y.  despite out poor play, I believe the team will play better on the road and the bench cant play worse.  Doc said he will play Kristic and he said Green is working hard and just needs direction...so I'll take those encouraging words...but I have said it b4, if this teams needs Shaq to get by N.Y. then we are done. Why rush him back...I wouldnt suit him up for atleast another week or so....  This has been our problem all year...mis evaluating guys, brining them back too early and suffering setbacks....Im good.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Jay, who do you think they brought back too early?   I actually heard a lot of people question whether the celtics were telling the truth when it took so long for West, Wafer, JON, Shaq, KG and others to come back.  I actually thought Doc had a reputation for making them all sit longer than they all wanted to (even Perk said he was ready way before they let him play).

In any case, I'm with you on letting Shaq take longer.  I think he shouldn't come back unless and until this Knicks series gets tied.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Posted by SteveStigmatic

I totally agree with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Shaq is gone for the year. Any other train of thought is a distraction. I'd give Jermaine 35 minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

For all those saying just rest him until miami,

So you want him to rehab vs miami instead of new york? He isn't just going to step in there and play 20 minutes right away.

I hope he plays as soon as possible to get his legs ready for 20 minutes a night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq could play Sunday. : Jay, who do you think they brought back too early?   I actually heard a lot of people question whether the celtics were telling the truth when it took so long for West, Wafer, JON, Shaq, KG and others to come back.  I actually thought Doc had a reputation for making them all sit longer than they all wanted to (even Perk said he was ready way before they let him play). In any case, I'm with you on letting Shaq take longer.  I think he shouldn't come back unless and until this Knicks series gets tied.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Well that could be the case,  I dont pay attention to what Doc or anyone sais, because I think they say what they want to to say, not the truth.

Delonte came back too early and even said as much, as he is playing with one hand, and said he wasnt confident in his scoring when he first came back.

Shaq obviously came back too ealry cuz he only lasted 5 minutes....What use did we really have for Shaq to return in that game.  Its good to get a couple under ur belt b4 postseason, but it dont do any good if he reinjures himself for good, which is what it looks like now...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

LOL...remember KG.  Constant updates and BS.  Shaq is done..let move on.  JON can do the job with this group if Doc will give him a few more minutes a game.  He can block shots and is tough in the paint.  And play him down the stretch, BBD is overmatched. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Didnt Doc say if Shaq made the trip to NY, he would play?

Im willing to bet 25 cents he doesnt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Looking out my window and I don't see any pigs flying.....so don't count on Shaq playing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Flying pigs are more likely than Shaq making a meaningful contribution this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Looking out my window and I don't see any pigs flying.....so don't count on Shaq playing
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

I hear ya.. getting tired of all the anticipation BS.

Now DA just admitted they brought Shaq back too early in the final week of season. Celtic medical people suk.. how many times we gonna hear this?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

we dont need shaq to beat knicks, we need him to beat miami

Sections
Shortcuts